Texans Release Ryan Mallett; Signed by Ravens

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great story! Troubled, but talented young QB is released mid-season by the worst team in the league, and is picked up by troubled, but talented team in a town starved for playoff success. And right after an international humiliation!

It's a perfect fairy-tale! It's all coming together!

gotta spice up the bye week

Let me get this straight...

You bring in Percy Harvin... dubious character

You bring in Richie Incognito... dubious character

You bring in Shady McCoy... dubious character (considering his racist remarks)

You bring in Rex Ryan... blow-hard

You release Fred Jackson... heart and soul of the team...

And you think adding cry-baby Mallett as being bad for the team? Really??!!!!!

We are already way down that road. What's one more...

would take him in a heartbeat over EJ.

really? Why? The fact that he pouted when he lost starting job and was late to practice the next day...or the fact he missed the team flight to a game......or the fact he's a baby....or the fact that he sucks!!

A guy is not that accurate, has never done anything in the NFL after backing up the best QB in the NFL for four years (I may hate the guy but can respect his ability), then misses a practice due to oversleeping, then misses the plane for a game due to traffic?

52 other guys and every coach, and media somehow is not in this mysterious traffic, but he misses the plane.

Then we have knuckleheads on this board say, well let's bring him in. C'mon man.

I will be honest in saying I had hoped the Bills would draft him. He has a cannon on his shoulder but apparently a lack of judgement to go with it.

That cannon on his shoulder goes well with the that lead ball on top of his neck.

GO BILLS!!!

That would be a mistake. He sucks and you can't even count on the guy to show up for practice or make team flights. That's why he got cut. But you want him on the Bills? :doh:

Hell, Yeah! 26! I'd take YOU over Manuel, regardless of your sleep habits. ;)

what would be the reaction if the Bills cut Manuel and signed Mallet? i think the internet would explode. if they are going to make a move though now would be the time to do it with the bye week. i don't think they should be nothing surprises me anymore

As for the OP, I say hell yeah. As I've learned from every armchair general manager on this board, if you are GM, you should bring in every single human that's ever picked up a football to try at QB until you find the next Joe Montana. Mallet is at least 50% human, giter done, Buddy!

Jim Kelly, yes THE Jim Kelly. 4 Time AFC Champion Jim Kelly, was a jerk back in the day when we first drafted him. But he could ball.

If by jerk you mean off the field, no argument.

If by jerk you mean somebody who would throw his first year starting RT under the bus after completing a TD pass in a game we won, no argument. He more than mended that fence and it could be argued that by doing that, that team was forged.

If by jerk, you mean an arrogant player who put himself before his team, you are sadly mistaken. He never missed meetings and led by example on the field and in the locker room. Nobody worked harder, nobody competed harder in practice, and nobody EVER questioned his heart.

If by jerk you mean unafraid to take the reigns from holdover veterans of the Kay Stephenson era, you are correct. He said lead, follow or get out of the way. Leaders do that. When your QB is doing that, your offense is defined.

There is simply no comparison in the kind of jerk Mallet is to the kind of jerk Kelly was.

GO BILLS!!!