Texans Release Ryan Mallett; Signed by Ravens

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AND it's an EJ comparison thread already.....

well seeing as how they both play the same position, and the original post mentions inter quoted tweet about the Bills may be interested, and he would be brought in because EJs highlight reel performance so far, I can understand how it would get to be a comparison thread quickly..........

Why not bring no him in if the only issue with him is maturity and sleeping in. They gave Richie a 4th chance to show he matured/grew up. Maybe signing Mallet to a minimum deal could make him grow up fast.......

well seeing as how they both play the same position, and the original post mentions inter quoted tweet about the Bills may be interested, and he would be brought in because EJs highlight reel performance so far, I can understand how it would get to be a comparison thread quickly..........

Why not bring no him in if the only issue with him is maturity and sleeping in. They gave Richie a 4th chance to show he matured/grew up. Maybe signing Mallet to a minimum deal could make him grow up fast.......

It's not because he's absolutely terrible in addition to being an unreliable, immature jerk.

How exactly do we need Mallet? We have a MUCH better QB in Taylor as our starter (mind blowing how many people who either forget or fail to see how well TT has played, especially considering he did so without most of his weapons) and a backup QB that is at no worse equal to what Mallet is.

I liked Mallet coming out of college and felt we should have drafted him. I was even on board bringing him here last year. But now, the ship has sailed. We have a starting QB in Taylor and a capable backup in EJ who already knows the system. Mallet would be worthless this year to this team, couldn't even beat out Hoyer, and I really don't see the point in bringing him in anymore. If they want to next year to provide competition for EJ as a the backup, fine...but now would not make sense to me.

Because we got to this point by dumpster diving for QB's

Incognito was a top guy at his position who showed up for work

Something tells me the Mallett issues are probably because he considers himself to be a starter and lost to Hoyer...this is not a Happy #2 situation we would be taking on.

I'll take mallet's cannon over EJs noodle arm any day. Make the deal happen, and send EJ to Tampa or something. maybe we can get a box of saltwater taffy in exchange

LOL. Now EJ has a noodle arm? His problem is his slow decision making, not his arm. And Mallett has shown he is even worse in the smarts department

I'll take mallet's cannon over EJs noodle arm any day. Make the deal happen, and send EJ to Tampa or something. maybe we can get a box of saltwater taffy in exchange

Glorious post for your 1st. :rolleyes: Noodle arm? EJ has flaws and warts for certain, but noodle arm isn't one of them.

What a great story! Troubled, but talented young QB is released mid-season by the worst team in the league, and is picked up by troubled, but talented team in a town starved for playoff success. And right after an international humiliation!

It's a perfect fairy-tale! It's all coming together!

There's absolutely nothing talented about Ryan mallet. He's like a slower alcoholic jackass version of Drew Bledsoe with absolutely no accuracy or like able qualities

Edited by TallskiWallski83

Because we got to this point by dumpster diving for QB's

Incognito was a top guy at his position who showed up for work

Something tells me the Mallett issues are probably because he considers himself to be a starter and lost to Hoyer...this is not a Happy #2 situation we would be taking on.

Mallett had a shot as the starter this season in Houston and promptly played himself right back to the bench. Hoyer starts over him.....that's all I need to know. That's not even factoring in his obvious unreliability as a teammate.