The pressure is on LeSean McCoy now

BADOLBILZ

I think we are more than fine at RB.... We just cut a guy that would start for some clubs, and those left on the 53 are better than him.... I know it sucks to think about Fred being gone- he busted his ass and was one hell of a leader, but it's about the product you put on the field... These men know this....

This post makes absolutely no sense. As others have said the pressure is exactly the same for Shady - he's the starter and the reason we'll run the ball great or we won't. It possibly changed for any other RB that makes the team.

So if Chris Hogan gets cut and Deonte Thompson makes the team the pressure is going to be on Watkins?

Edited by Triple Threat

If Cassel had been named the starter he would have been introduced with boos.

If McCoy doesn't come out firing there are going to be a lot of fans at the Ralph saying "This is better than Freddie?!?!?" followed by "BOOOOOO!"

Count on it.

That's just the way it is.

To this point, fans and media have overlooked WHY the Eagles were planning to release McCoy.

All he has to do is come out and play the position better than he played it last year.

I actually like this.......he should know where he stands.....if he doesn't produce....if he keeps eschewing 4 yard gains for drive stalling dashes down the LOS fans are going to notice now........it's better for the Bills that he correct that sooner than later.

I'm a Fred Jackson fan but I know his limitations.

The legend of Fred and what he stands for with fans is much larger.

He's been an insulator for the chronically underperforming CJ Spiller and he could have been for McCoy...another back who struggles in short yardage situations..... as well.

Love Tyrod getting the nod......THAT is great for McCoy.....but he's still going to be under a microscope with Bills fans now.

Edited by #BADOL

If Cassel had been named the starter he would have been introduced with boos.

If McCoy doesn't come out firing there are going to be a lot of fans at the Ralph saying "This is better than Freddie?!?!?" followed by "BOOOOOO!"

Count on it.

That's just the way it is.

To this point, fans and media have overlooked WHY the Eagles were planning to release McCoy.

All he has to do is come out and play the position better than he played it last year.

I actually like this.......he should know where he stands.....if he doesn't produce....if he keeps eschewing 4 yard gains for drive stalling dashes down the LOS fans are going to notice now........it's better for the Bills that he correct that sooner than later.

I'm a Fred Jackson fan but I know his limitations.

The legend of Fred and what he stands for with fans is much larger.

He's been an insulator for the chronically underperforming CJ Spiller and he could have been for McCoy...another back who struggles in short yardage situations..... as well.

Love Tyrod getting the nod......THAT is great for McCoy.....but he's still going to be under a microscope with Bills fans now.

That would never happen, and you know it. First game of the year???

That would never happen, and you know it. First game of the year???

That wasn't the talk I was hearing IN the stands the other day.

Fans rarely boo the players......they know football is hard.

They boo the decisions and the decision makers.

This is what I mean with regard to McCoy as well.

A lot of the people in this thread have confused "a fresh start" with "pressure".

It's been quite the opposite of pressure for McCoy to this point.

If he had started the season with a struggle, fans would have immediately turned their focus to the performance of the OL to apologize away any struggles.

Instead they will now be extra critical of McCoy himself because cutting Freddie is one of the most unpopular decisions in franchise history.

That wasn't the talk I was hearing IN the stands the other day.

Fans rarely boo the players......they know football is hard.

They boo the decisions and the decision makers.

This is what I mean with regard to McCoy as well.

A lot of the people in this thread have confused "a fresh start" with "pressure".

It's been quite the opposite of pressure for McCoy to this point.

If he had started the season with a struggle, fans would have immediately turned their focus to the performance of the OL to apologize away any struggles.

Instead they will now be extra critical of McCoy himself because cutting Freddie is one of the most unpopular decisions in franchise history.

The best thing that happened to McCoy is that Taylor won the qb competition. He spreads the defense out with his running potential and more importantly his ability to keep the play alive and throw it downfield. If Cassel would have been designated as the starter McCoy would have more cramped space to work in.

Im really excited with the naming of TT as the starter. Even if he plays a controlled style of game he gives the offense an additional dimension that helps everyone, especially the OL, For a qb who hasn't started very much he is an intelligent qb knows how to read defenses.

The best thing that happened to McCoy is that Taylor won the qb competition. He spreads the defense out with his running potential and more importantly his ability to keep the play alive and throw it downfield. If Cassel would have been designated as the starter McCoy would have more cramped space to work in.

Im really excited with the naming of TT as the starter. Even if he plays a controlled style of game he gives the offense an additional dimension that helps everyone, especially the OL, For a qb who hasn't started very much he is an intelligent qb knows how to read defenses.

No question Taylor should make the entire OL and the running backs look better.

I was hoping coming into camp that he would rise to the top for those reasons.......particularly because I've been a big detractor of Eric Wood for a couple years now.

A stationary pocket passer behind Wood is basically like giving a defense a short cut to stopping both your passing and running game by attacking just one spot.

But I wouldn't have dared to imagine Tyrod Taylor would look that good in preseason.

Not once did he look like just an athlete playing QB.

I totally agree that McCoy's potential should be maximized if Taylor can play near his preseason performance.

But if people don't think he will now be compared to the legend of Fred they are mistaken.

Edited by #BADOL

McCoy has carried the load for years now. He will be fine

That's the main issue. He's been a featured back for 6 seasons now and the shelf life is so short for the position.

McCoy is not going to gain yards after contact, at least not the way Fred did so well in his prime.

That said, they've identified their guy and he's going to grt his chance to prove Chip Kelly wrong.

That's the main issue. He's been a featured back for 6 seasons now and the shelf life is so short for the position.

McCoy is not going to gain yards after contact, at least not the way Fred did so well in his prime.

That said, they've identified their guy and he's going to grt his chance to prove Chip Kelly wrong.

McCoy and Jackson seemed very complementary.

Fred is a tough inside runner, follows his blocking and always falls forward.

McCoy is always looking for the huge gain to the outside....and he has lost a half step so now he's human on the edge......but he hasn't adjusted his game yet.

He needs to do that.

There will be big plays to be had inside and out if Tyrod is playing well.

I think we are more than fine at RB.... We just cut a guy that would start for some clubs, and those left on the 53 are better than him.... I know it sucks to think about Fred being gone- he busted his ass and was one hell of a leader, but it's about the product you put on the field... These men know this....

Bronson Hill and John Conner are better than Fred? Shirley, you jest.

You better look at McCoys body of work and then try that again.

You better look at McCoys body of work and then try that again.

Will McCoy be the same runner in his 7th season as he was in say, 2013? Who knows. But what is apparent for guys that rely on speed is they struggle when the wheels aren't there. Pretty much what BADOL already said.

McCoy has 1400+ carries on those legs. He'll be the featured guy but I'd assume someone else will be getting decent carries as well in that offense.

Two years ago the moron twins proclaimed they would run Spiller until he threw up, and that offense didn't go anywhere.

Now Rex Ryan has said this years Bills will run the ball more then any other team in the history of the NFL, and probably with QB Tyrod Taylor helping. This with each and every RB hurt and kept of of games in the pre season. Only to cut the top backup now is kinda scary.

The only other really good known NFL RB on the team was Freddy, and while Dixon was decent we don't know if he can carry the team like Fred did. We have unknowns in Bryce Brown. Karlos Williams.

All I can say is I hope the Bills FO knows what they are doing in letting Freddy leave.

Anyone who thinks Fred was going to be a workhorse back this season if Shady got hurt clearly hasn't been paying attention. Those responsibilities will fall upon Karlos Williams and Bryce Brown.

There's no more pressure on Shady "now" than there was when he was acquired and signed his extension.

But if people don't think he will now be compared to the legend of Fred they are mistaken.

I usually agree with your takes but I don't understand your position here. The reality is that the beloved and respected Fred simply had little left in the tank. If you factor in the business side of the business FJ's cut should not come as a surprise. McCoy's performance has little to do with Fred. There is no additional pressure on McCoy related to Jackson's departure..

The pressure on the newly acquired back comes from being acquired in a high profile trade, being highly paid and being a top tier back in the league. I simply don't see how FJ's departure raises the pressure for McCoy.

I want to note that I always respect your views on the team. But to be candid on this issue you have me very perplexed.??? Sometimes it is mistake to over think an issue. Maybe it happened here????