Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin 1m1 minute ago

Goodell: The day following the AFC CG, Brady and Jastremski had four cell convos totaling 25 minutes, exchanged 12 texts and had a meeting.

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin 6m6 minutes ago

Goodell [paraphrasing]: despite all of those interactions, Brady testified that he was unable to recall any specifics of those discussions.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On WEEI no brady explanation. Brady" his practice to destroy phone when he gets new cell phone" began using new phone on or about March 16 th. haha

Cell carrier confirms texts can longer be retrieved. Even WEEI NOT BUYING THIS!

Edited by plenzmd1

I want this year to be one steady string of those BEATDOWNS that the cheaters* got on MNF last season.

Cheaters* fans got to get one over on all the haterZ last February, but being labelled a CHEATER and having there be no doubt is worse than losing a football game.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rweb/sports/stephen-a-smith-says-brady-destroyed-his-phone-during-investigation/2015/07/28/e0f3d679419a706bc5ceee0a98fcc802_story.html

“In Spygate in 2007, when [Coach] Bill Belichick and the Patriots were fined – apparently there’s some language in that agreement – in that fine that ultimately handed down to him, that if something like this happened again, you’re talking about Bill Belichick being banned. Which, in some folks’ eyes may have facilitated [owner] Robert Kraft showing a willingness to accept the penance and the penalty Roger Goodell handed down to him.”

Interesting, if true...

Is there a precedent for a suspension being delayed due to a court case? I don't understand why the league would postpone his suspension due to a lawsuit. I'm just curious why so many people seem to think that the four game suspension will not happen while litigation is pending.

If Brady takes it to court a judge can prevent the NFL from enforcing the suspension.

Today's show prep for WGR:

"Are we going to count tomatoes as a vegetable? I think they are technically a fruit, but..."

"Well, most things we call vegetables are fruit, so..."

"Because Tomatoes would definitely go #1"

"Wow now THAT is something! We've got something here!"

[interruption]

"Guys, Brady's suspension held up, so cancel the vegetable draft and get prepared to talk football..."

" :cry: :cry: :cry: "

completely self imposed.

The Patriots have handled this entire thing as poorly as possible. Acting different, give an apology and a BS excuse super bowl week and the 'no big deal' camp would have won out before the superbowl.

The fierce denials and the lying and stomping of the feet have made the entire thing worse

Ruling: “Goodell found that Brady’s deliberate destruction of potentially relevant evidence went beyond a mere failure to cooperate.”

Roger would certainly be an expert on deliberate destruction of relevant Patriot** cheating evidence... <_<

I'm not going to cheer this until Brady says that he's not taking it to court.

Maybe I'm just too cynical... but I don't want to disappoint myself :D

Let him take it to court. Let Br*dy tarnish his legacy even more with a protracted legal battle. I'd love to see Br*dy come to the Ralph and play while fighting it in court. The crowd would be insane.

Let him take it to court. Let Br*dy tarnish his legacy even more with a protracted legal battle. I'd love to see Br*dy come to the Ralph and play while fighting it in court. The crowd would be insane.

This is what Im most looking forward to about week 2. The place will be bonkers, and we're going to stomp them.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 28s29 seconds ago

NFLPA is prepared to go to federal court. They're waiting for the go-ahead from Tom Brady.

For a guy trying to protect his legacy he is making this whole thing a lot worse. Someone needs to sit him down and talk some sense into him. He is making this into a major talking point about his career.

it does create an interesting narrative for the season. pats fans see it as the entire league is haters and out to get them. the rest of the league sees them as cheaters…again. i am excited about week 2 regardless. it also makes sense that the commissioner didn't drop the penalty. it would've set a precedent that getting caught cheating was ok.

Yeah this means nothing.

As long as he goes to court he will not miss a game

CBF

He will not go to court. Then he would have to turn over the cell phone records that he did not want to turn over. If they are irretrievably lost, the court would draw an adverse inference against Brady and he would loose.

Today's show prep for WGR:

"Are we going to count tomatoes as a vegetable? I think they are technically a fruit, but..."

"Well, most things we call vegetables are fruit, so..."

"Because Tomatoes would definitely go #1"

"Wow now THAT is something! We've got something here!"

[interruption]

"Guys, Brady's suspension held up, so cancel the vegetable draft and get prepared to talk football..."

" :cry: :cry: :cry: "

Holy chit, 13 minutes and they are talking about number of texts. I defend these guys most times. Not today

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m2 minutes ago

Through the process, Brady did express a desire to those involved put this to bed with a deal, but wasn't willing to accept guilt.

WTF - what exactly was he offering then from his end of 'the deal'?