Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

@ProFootballTalk: Roger Goodell upholds Tom Brady's four-game suspension http://t.co/Hu4ijHCu3o

@janesports: From NFL decision: "On or shortly before March 6... Brady directed that the cell phone he had used for the prior four months be destroyed."

@AdamSchefter: Regarding NFL decision to uphold Brady suspension, here is league statement:

In the opinion informing Brady that... http://t.co/YEuv2dl5bU

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ProFootballTalk: Roger Goodell upholds Tom Brady's four-game suspension http://t.co/Hu4ijHCu3o

@janesports: From NFL decision: "On or shortly before March 6... Brady directed that the cell phone he had used for the prior four months be destroyed."

@AdamSchefter: Regarding NFL decision to uphold Brady suspension, here is league statement:

In the opinion informing Brady that... http://t.co/YEuv2dl5bU

Brady isn't smart. He destroyed the cell phone? Doesn't he know records don't stay on the physical phone itself?

That paragraph about directing the destruction of his phone is the "smoking gun" so many have been looking for. Makes all the difference in the world with respect to public perception of the suspension. Saying "I didn't do it" is one thing. Saying "destroy the evidence -- but I didn't do it" is another.

Eff you, Brady.

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin 9s9 seconds ago

From decision: Brady gave his old cellphone to his assistant to be destroyed on or about the day he met with Ted Wells to be questioned.

They can still recover the texts...

They need a subpoena to get the records, though, correct? So I assume that they can and will recover them if he does go to court.

We know in a court proceeding that they can recover the texts. But we now also know that he didn't want anyone to see them. it's inarguable. So no way if he going to contest the investigation.

He's a cheater and a liar and worse than we even thought, as a lot of us have been saying all along. I don't know how anyone can defend that in any way.

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin 9s9 seconds ago

From decision: Brady gave his old cellphone to his assistant to be destroyed on or about the day he met with Ted Wells to be questioned.

They need a subpoena to get the records, though, correct? So I assume that they can and will recover them if he does go to court.

Depends if they are true "text messages" (SMS) or if they are Apple iMessages. If the latter, I think they're gone. Anybody know if Brady used an iPhone?

This is just the beginning....

A friend suggested that this will play out over the course of the season, go through the courts, and by Week 14, the NFL will win the lawsuit and Brady's suspension will be upheld. Thus, he'll miss the last 4 games of the regular season - when the Patriots* will need him to cheat/win a few games to either make the playoffs or for playoff positioning.

A friend suggested that this will play out over the course of the season, go through the courts, and by Week 14, the NFL will win the lawsuit and Brady's suspension will be upheld. Thus, he'll miss the last 4 games of the regular season - when the Patriots* will need him to cheat/win a few games to either make the playoffs or for playoff positioning.

Thats no good. I want him out week 2.

If this does go to court, how long would it take? Wouldn't it take over a month thus go into the season any way? Or, he gets the ruling in his favor and does get the games back, would it all be settled in time for 9/10?

I probably should have read this post first.

Edited by Talley56

We know in a court proceeding that they can recover the texts. But we now also know that he didn't want anyone to see them. it's inarguable. So no way if he going to contest the investigation.

He's a cheater and a liar and worse than we even thought, as a lot of us have been saying all along. I don't know how anyone can defend that in any way.

I have e done a true 360 on this. I was a "guilty as hell" guy, then the science in the Wells report said " can't prove it, I don't think he did it"...till now and I am "guilty as hell again"

You and a few others never left the guilty as hell camp...I was wrong ( for first time ever)

C'mon. You've been around the board long enough to know it's only a matter of time! LOL

I have e done a true 360 on this. I was a "guilty as hell" guy, then the science in the Wells report said " can't prove it, I don't think he did it"...till now and I am "guilty as hell again"

You and a few others never left the guilty as hell camp...I was wrong ( for first time ever)

Hey buddy, don't forget about me! Never waver!

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 9s9 seconds ago

Good point.

Who does one direct to destroy one's phone?

His assistant -- though why Brady needs a personal assistant is beyond me.