Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

For a guy trying to protect his legacy he is making this whole thing a lot worse. Someone needs to sit him down and talk some sense into him. He is making this into a major talking point about his career.

Agreed. And someone needs to explain to the union how the court process would work. If I'm other players paying union dues, I'm wondering why my leadership is wasting money defending someone who intentionally destroyed evidence when there are more pressing matters for it to be working on.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m2 minutes ago

Through the process, Brady did express a desire to those involved put this to bed with a deal, but wasn't willing to accept guilt.

That wasn't a deal. That would've made Goodell lose significant face. If you are negotiating a deal you have to let the other side appear have a win as well

Edited by Catch it Sammy

I'm expecting conflicting Twitter reports, etc. about this all week long. At the end of the day, I also expect Brady to miss 4 games. The Pats**** (how many ** are there now?) likely don't want to risk Brady playing 2/3rds a season and then having the suspension upheld towards the end.

So at this point it's pretty clear, right? Brady ordered the phone destroyed because it had all those texts and nudie pics of all the other tail he's chasing and Giselle would have booted his ass out the door.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 28s29 seconds ago

NFLPA is prepared to go to federal court. They're waiting for the go-ahead from Tom Brady.

Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell 5m5 minutes ago

Leagues most fear going to court when it opens up financials to the public. Not a factor in the Brady case.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 16m16 minutes ago

Tom Brady & NFLPA will see the NFL in court. 2 options: fast-track it with an injunction or slow-play, keep it going until after the season

Great, another year of this.

GUILTY

According to the NFL's 20-page decision, Brady destroyed the cell phone he had been using since November 2014 on or around March 6, 2015 — the day he met with NFL investigators for the Wells report to talk about why the balls were deflated during the AFC title game.

The NFL said that destroying the cell phone hindered the investigation. From the decision:

So now let him sue.

Roger should now apply 4 games solely for his hampering with the investigation!!!!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

They can still recover the texts...

Yeah but only in court. This was all Brady posturing, hoping that not having the phone and claiming he would sue the NFL if the suspension was upheld, would scare Goodell into changing his mind.

GUILTY

According to the NFL's 20-page decision, Brady destroyed the cell phone he had been using since November 2014 on or around March 6, 2015 — the day he met with NFL investigators for the Wells report to talk about why the balls were deflated during the AFC title game.

hang-em-high.jpg

Yeah but only in court. This was all Brady posturing, hoping that not having the phone and claiming he would sue the NFL if the suspension was upheld, would scare Goodell into changing his mind.

It has to be. There is no way that, if he felt the need to destroy his phone, he would want to risk a subpoena to dredge up his texts.

We know in a court proceeding that they can recover the texts. But we now also know that he didn't want anyone to see them. it's inarguable. So no way if he going to contest the investigation.

He's a cheater and a liar and worse than we even thought, as a lot of us have been saying all along. I don't know how anyone can defend that in any way.

It has been surprising to see Pats* fans do a 180 on this. For the last few weeks they have almost had many convinced that the league was wasting time and Brady was innocent. After this dropped I have seen a lot of people admitting that he may actually have had a part in it. I don't see how this doesn't always stick with his legacy. If he took it laying down he could've come of as a martyr. Instead he is just making himself out to be a big baby (which many of us have said for years). Even WEO isn't defending him! :lol:;)0:)

I despise Goodell but good for him for not cowering. No more sleepovers with Kraft.

Take it to court Tommy boy. I bet this goes to court like Rafeal Palmerio and A Rod. Cheaters talk big until they really get pressed.

The best outcome possible is for the favoritism to go away. Regardless of anything else I just want to see fair and balanced. No more superstar treatment for the entire team. I'm hoping this is the straw that breaks the camels back when it comes to looking the other way on the Pats* "missteps"

The fact that Brady destroyed his phone proves he will not take this to court. It was a posturing game. He was hoping that with no text evidence available and by threatening to sue the NFL if the suspension was upheld, Goodell would fold.

As I’ve said countless times, Brady will NOT take this to court. They will be able to retrieve his texts from his carrier at that time. His only hope was for Goodell not to call his bluff after he destroyed his phone.

I have e done a true 360 on this. I was a "guilty as hell" guy, then the science in the Wells report said " can't prove it, I don't think he did it"...till now and I am "guilty as hell again"

You and a few others never left the guilty as hell camp...I was wrong ( for first time ever)

welcome back from the dark side

@Rand_Getlin: Memo says NFLPA spent $4.9M to $8.2M on legal fees over the past three years. Far more than any other sports union. http://t.co/z2oqA4ssGb

This isn't too shocking.

1. Most popular league in America.

2. Most players per team, therefore largest union.

3. Violent game with sometimes violent individuals.

We know in a court proceeding that they can recover the texts. But we now also know that he didn't want anyone to see them. it's inarguable. So no way if he going to contest the investigation.

He's a cheater and a liar and worse than we even thought, as a lot of us have been saying all along. I don't know how anyone can defend that in any way.

he will lose. the NFL can out lawyer him . his pockets are deep, but the NFL's are deeper. he should apologize and be done with it.. he can only go downhill from here. breaks my heart ;)

Edited by 8and8Forever

When's the last time a player didn't get a reduction on a non-substance suspension?

When's the last time a player was found to have willingly destroyed evidence right before meeting with an investigator.? And don't count Spygate. I don't think they had the players destroy evidence.

Let him take it to court. Let Br*dy tarnish his legacy even more with a protracted legal battle. I'd love to see Br*dy come to the Ralph and play while fighting it in court. The crowd would be insane.

:thumbsup:

Oh jeez.

You know, with all this time, and all the rebuttals I waa actually starting to doubt myself. But to think that he would ask an assistant to destroy his phone right before going into an investigation.

No wonder Wells waa pissed when people mocked his integrity when he knew that Brady had gone out of his way to lie and impede the investigation.

I think they were holding on to that nugget of information so that Brady would have to option of letting it quietly go away where there was still some doubt of his innocence.

All the talk prior said he'd get voted in.

Now???

He still goes in. Belicheck will too. I hate the pats* I hate them with a passion. This is why it is worth it to cheat for championships. These things won't be held against them.

In my dream this emboldens the low level staff guy who was responsible for making sure Disgraced QB Tom Brady's helmet radio never turned off for all those years to come forward and really blow the lid off his 'legacy'.

One can dream, anyway.

@Rand_Getlin: Memo says NFLPA spent $4.9M to $8.2M on legal fees over the past three years. Far more than any other sports union. http://t.co/z2oqA4ssGb

@Rand_Getlin: Expect them to spend a significant amount more if they challenge the final Brady ruling in federal court.

I'm sure the rest of the players are thrilled their union dues are being used to defend Tommy Boy.

he will lose. the NFL can out lawyer him . his pockets are deep, but the NFL's are deeper. he should apologize and be done with it.. he can only go downhill from here. breaks my heart ;)

yup they already have $1,000,000.00 from Kraft for a retainer!! ROTFLMAOPIP

What kind of case does he have in court (law experts, please weigh in)?

And does he even care if he wins? Or just trying to get an injunction to play while it drags out?

NFLPA can go to court on Brady's behalf over the investigation/appeal process, not the investigation itself.

They need a subpoena to get the records, though, correct? So I assume that they can and will recover them if he does go to court.

depending on how he files, it seems theres potential his texts may never come into question even if in court.

completely self imposed.

The Patriots have handled this entire thing as poorly as possible. Acting different, give an apology and a BS excuse super bowl week and the 'no big deal' camp would have won out before the superbowl.

The fierce denials and the lying and stomping of the feet have made the entire thing worse

The only logical explanation is there is even worst stuff they are covering up.