Russ Brandon needs to go

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for old time's sake, had to do it.

Anyone else NOT miss those days of TBD? What were some of the other classically annoying weekly thread titles? I've almost forgotten...

(Hi Russ.)

I do place the blame for the fake military tribute on his doorstep.

I always laugh at this topic (and have fought it) because Russ is SO good at what he does and SO well respected around sports. We just looked like idiots when we complained about a bunch of things that we didn't understand. There is a reason that someone turned his $1.4B asset over to RB and it isn't because he is an idiot.

I haven't been this positive about the Bills organization in a long time...

Brandon isn't involved in football decisions any more and does what he does best. In fact, he's very good at the marketing/business side of football as far as I can tell.

We have billionaire owners who are passionate about the team, about the city, and about restoring the Bills to glory.

I believe our Big Three coaches (HC, OC, DC) are all capable guys.

Jeff Littman isn't the CFO anymore.

Whaley has done a brilliant job building this roster. Yep, we all know QB is the exception - so far. But let's remember something. Two HOF coaches (Bill Walsh, Marv Levy) though TE was going to be a good one. Nobody bats 1.000 on QBs and I'm not sure any good QBs have been available since Whaley starting calling the shots.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I haven't been this positive about the Bills organization in a long time...

Brandon isn't involved in football decisions any more and does what he does best. In fact, he's very good at the marketing/business side of football as far as I can tell.

We have billionaire owners who are passionate about the team, about the city, and about restoring the Bills to glory.

I believe our Big Three coaches (HC, OC, DC) are all capable guys.

Jeff Littman isn't the CFO anymore.

Whaley has done a brilliant job building this roster. Yep, we all know QB is the exception - so far. But let's remember something. Two HOF coaches (Bill Walsh, Marv Levy) though TE was going to be a good one. Nobody bats 1.000 on QBs and I'm not sure any good QBs have been available since Whaley starting calling the shots.

FWIW, Littman was the issue.

Ralph really wasn't involved at all for about the last 10 years of his life. Littman had final say on a financial decisions until RB got full control in 2013 (or whatever it was).

I didn't think littman had that much of a say, no wonder the team has sh*t the bed for so long

His one significant accomplishment: finding a billionaire owner.

His one significant failure: pimping out the Bills for the disastrous Toronto series.

There rest of his impact?..."meh"

They have been in the to half of the league in nonshared revenue with no Fortune 500 companies. That is without question his biggest accomplishment.

They have been in the to half of the league in nonshared revenue with no Fortune 500 companies. That is without question his biggest accomplishment.

Couldn't find a link.

Unshared revenue includes suites/luxury boxes, 60% of non-luxury seat ticket sales, advertising, sponsorships and pro shop revenue, local media, concessions and media.

The Bills luxury sales are not astronomical, the ticket prices are near the bottom of the league, there is no waiting list for season tickets and games don't all sell out every year. Their sponsors are likely middle of the road. Where has Brandon impacted these areas?

Couldn't find a link.

Unshared revenue includes suites/luxury boxes, 60% of non-luxury seat ticket sales, advertising, sponsorships and pro shop revenue, local media, concessions and media.

The Bills luxury sales are not astronomical, the ticket prices are near the bottom of the league, there is no waiting list for season tickets and games don't all sell out every year. Their sponsors are likely middle of the road. Where has Brandon impacted these areas?

You may not find a link and I don't usually play this card but trust me on this. The sponsorship dollars for the same assets that they get is insane. A lot of it is buried in random assets and promos. Part of it was the Toronto payments so take that for what it's worth. Without those numbers though Littman would have NEVER approved the level of spend over the last decade +. I am not saying that it was all spent well but I promise this is the root of it.

FWIW, I'm told he is the closer. He makes it go with his nonstop sales culture. He is really well respected in sports.

Edited by Kirby Jackson