DeMarco Murray - Signed by the Eagles!

KDIGGZ

No doubt. But didn't McCoy mention giving some feedback to Gore during his pc? Regardless, Kelly comes across as a douche.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't know about the press conference, but he did say that in an NFL Network interview right after. He jokingly said something like, "I told him not to go there". Then he did he was just playing but that he did tell Gore what the deal was because they're boys.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the press conference, but he did say that in an NFL Network interview right after. He jokingly said something like, "I told him not to go there". Then he did he was just playing but that he did tell Gore what the deal was because they're boys.

You are correct. McCoy mentioned his conversation with Gore in that NFLN interview. Thanks for the clarification.

And Kelly is still a douche.

GO BILLS!!!

You are correct. McCoy mentioned his conversation with Gore in that NFLN interview. Thanks for the clarification.

And Kelly is still a douche.

GO BILLS!!!

This is quickly becoming very apparent. Blaming last year's first round pick on the previous GM while that player is still on the team was an unusual admission to put it nicely.

Correct me if I'm omitting relevant details from McCoy's existing contract pre-extension, but did Chip really just trade Shady because he cost too much and then sign Murray to a deal very similar to what LeSean is now earning?

chip hates shady. Loves white LBs named Kiko who went to Oregon. It was not about money and he lied. I hope shady runs all over his a**. Edited by YoloinOhio

they weren't selling him that. Bradford was. i would be shocked if Bradford was still on the team after draft day

I would like to make a bet with you. Can be a signature bet, can be a donation to charity bet but you are extremely wrong on this imo. Just like you were wrong about Kiko and Murray for the same price as Shady. Murray signed a deal for more money even though it was slightly less guaranteed. Add in that he is injury prone, older, and they owe dead for money for Shady this didn't turn out quite as great for the Eagles as you thought.

Other things I am willing to bet on:

Murray doesn't play all 16 games next year

Bradford not only is on the roster for the Eagles but (barring injury) is named the starter

DeMarco Murray goes to Philly!

DeMarco Murray's deal with Eagles is expected to be 5 years, $42 million, including $21 million guaranteed, per @mortreport and I.

we should have signed him and kept Kiko. Eagles won this trade.

This is quickly becoming very apparent. Blaming last year's first round pick on the previous GM while that player is still on the team was an unusual admission to put it nicely.

That is probably why that GM is gone and Kelly is calling the shots.

i'm cheering for chip.....

he makes things interesting

Also if he can make that offense work it will make it easier to win without getting a franchise QB, which would really help the League out by making more teams competitive.

Way too early to say who won what.

Edited by Doc

By what objective criteria, exactly?

Never mind that you proclaim winners and losers in a trade months before a down of football has been played by anyone involved since.

GO BILLS!!!

Chip trades his all Pro RB for a promising defensive prospect because the RB is at the age where they start to drop off and he costs too much money.

Fair enough.

Chip aquires an older RB with a worse injury history, more wear and tear and pays him more money than his first player.

GENIUS

By what objective criteria, exactly?

Never mind that you proclaim winners and losers in a trade months before a down of football has been played by anyone involved since.

GO BILLS!!!

That we gave up an asset for a RB that could have been gotten by getting a similar RB in FA.

That we gave up an asset for a RB that could have been gotten by getting a similar RB in FA.

Are you familiar with the term, "a bird in the hand...?" Or are you a GM that defers acquiring a sure thing a week before free agency starts for nothing more than the opportunity to have a chance at getting someone "similar?" And that assumes Murray would have granted you the opportunity in the first place.

It's mind-boggling, really.

GO BILLS!!!

we don't know if the Bills liked Murray or that Murray would like the bills. He never looked at the Eagles until Bradford went there and then he got all nostalgic for his Sooner days and had to have it. He also seemingly wanted to stick it to Jerruh by going to a rival.

That's if all other things remain equal. You're making the assumption that Chip doesn't trade McCoy to a team other than the Bills. If Chip was determined to dump McCoy, regardless of the trading partner, McCoy might have ended up in Oakland or Jax. The Bills would have found themselves in a bidding war for Murray, which would have cost them much than they're paying McCoy.

You're making assumptions that you can never prove. and we get it...you don't like the trade..you made your point

Edited by nucci

I would like to make a bet with you. Can be a signature bet, can be a donation to charity bet but you are extremely wrong on this imo. Just like you were wrong about Kiko and Murray for the same price as Shady. Murray signed a deal for more money even though it was slightly less guaranteed. Add in that he is injury prone, older, and they owe dead for money for Shady this didn't turn out quite as great for the Eagles as you thought.

Other things I am willing to bet on:

Murray doesn't play all 16 games next year

Bradford not only is on the roster for the Eagles but (barring injury) is named the starter

Murray is "older" as in 5 months aka they are the same age. He also has 600 less touches than McCoy but that's besides the point. We don't know his contract yet. You can't go by average per as the total value because contracts in the NFL aren't guaranteed so the Eagles might be able to get out of it in 3 yrs for example for cheaper than McCoy's 5 yr deal, we don't know yet. But i do think everyone is shocked to hear how expensive this deal seems to be. Dallas was only going to offer $6M per as per reports.

I also agree Murray won't play all 16 games. most RB's in the NFL don't. McCoy won't either if they plan to hand him the ball 25+ times a game.

There's no way Chip wants Bradford to be his QB. People were snickering at the press conference at Chip trying to lie about it. He might get stuck with him but it won't be for lack of trying

so the Eagles might be able to get out of it in 3 yrs for example for cheaper than McCoy's 5 yr deal, we don't know yet.

Yes we can. McCoy had no guaranteed money left on his deal with Philly so they could of cut him anytime they wanted without much of a hit, if they were worried about the money. Its also one of the things Buffalo did to make McCoy happy, give him some guaranteed money back on his contract

there is no defending Philly's mindset here. They are paying more money for a RB who at best is equal to McCoy

Edited by ddaryl

Yes we can. McCoy had no guaranteed money left on his deal with Philly so they could of cut him anytime they wanted without much of a hit, if they were worried about the money. Its also one of the things Buffalo did to make McCoy happy, give him some guaranteed money back on his contract

there is no defending Philly's mindset here. They are paying more money for a RB who at best is equal to McCoy

Probably worse than McCoy, Dallas had a good o-line this year, better than the Eagles for sure.

Murray is "older" as in 5 months aka they are the same age. He also has 600 less touches than McCoy but that's besides the point. We don't know his contract yet. You can't go by average per as the total value because contracts in the NFL aren't guaranteed so the Eagles might be able to get out of it in 3 yrs for example for cheaper than McCoy's 5 yr deal, we don't know yet. But i do think everyone is shocked to hear how expensive this deal seems to be. Dallas was only going to offer $6M per as per reports.

I also agree Murray won't play all 16 games. most RB's in the NFL don't. McCoy won't either if they plan to hand him the ball 25+ times a game.

There's no way Chip wants Bradford to be his QB. People were snickering at the press conference at Chip trying to lie about it. He might get stuck with him but it won't be for lack of trying

Murray has 600 less touches because he has been injured so often each year. More often than McCoy. It was a huge issue with Murray prior to his career year in 2014. People have short memories.

2013 NFL Knee Murray sprained his MCL in week 6 and missed the following 2 games

2012 NFL Leg Murray suffered a hamstring pull in training and missed OTAs

2012 NFL Foot Sprained foot against Baltimore and missed the next 6 games

2011 NFL Ankle DeMarco Murray fractured his right ankle and was placed on IR missing the remaining 3 games.

2011 NFL Leg Missed first 2 preseason games with hamstring issues

2008 College Leg Pulled a hamstring and missed a game

2007 College Knee Dislocated his patella and missed the folliowing 3 games

Injury history idc just putting it out there do what u want with it

Edited by mikemac2001

Yeah they dumped him on us and got kiko, much better than cutting him outright Edited by JTSP

"Dumped him on us".

You're the worst. The only worse is your knowledge of the game.

I am glad you continue the good fight with making this common knowledge for all the newcomers or once in awhile visitors.... Id hate someone accidentally take him serious