To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

I have officially fallen off the Manuel wagon today. I'm convinced he's another Edwards in the making. Hope the Dougs are telling Orton to get his arm loose- their tenures with the Bills may end up falling on the shoulders of Orton. Manuel just lacks that "it" quality that elite QBs have... a realization that struck me watching this dreadful performance.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why am I not surprised to see dudes call for Orton already.

He's had two good games (which we won) and one bad game (which we lost), and we're 2-1.

The Chargers are damned good, so I'm not too upset. We have some winnable games coming up, let's see how it goes.

Its simple. Complete team victories the first two weeks covered up for limiting quarterback play. EJ did enough to win the first two weeks. Today, they needed the QB to make some professional football decisions and throws and he couldn't do it. Awareness is an issue with Manuel.

I suspect this thread will be bust today. EJ was horrible out there. The O-Line wasn't much better but that was a catalogue of bad throws.

the o line was fine. Its no secret that opposing teams are going to bring pressure and force Manuel to make plays. He didn't do it. He is indecisive and makes terrible throws under pressure.He lobs every throw and it was a matter of time before he got one of his receivers killed. It was a gutsy effort by the defense to keep us in the game but ultimately we needed our QB to make a play. Enough with this crap about EJ only having to not make mistakes. HE NEEDS TO MAKE PLAYS.

Its simple. Complete team victories the first two weeks covered up for limiting quarterback play. EJ did enough to win the first two weeks. Today, they needed the QB to make some professional football decisions and throws and he couldn't do it. Awareness is an issue with Manuel.

Awareness is VERY much an issue. he had some nice options in the second half. And did no see the field even with time ?

I saw some head hanging from Mike Wiilams. I don't like that at all.

he killed Goodwin. Thats on EJ. That throw was enough for me to get on bashing bandwagon

I have officially fallen off the Manuel wagon today. I'm convinced he's another Edwards in the making. Hope the Dougs are telling Orton to get his arm loose- their tenures with the Bills may end up falling on the shoulders of Orton. Manuel just lacks that "it" quality that elite QBs have... a realization that struck me watching this dreadful performance.

Wecome to the club. Glad you get it now. Better late than never.

Our numbers will continue to grow until it is obvious to all that EJ just isn't the answer. Even though he is not all bad and he does indeed do some nice things, now and again.

the o line was fine. Its no secret that opposing teams are going to bring pressure and force Manuel to make plays. He didn't do it. He is indecisive and makes terrible throws under pressure.He lobs every throw and it was a matter of time before he got one of his receivers killed. It was a gutsy effort by the defense to keep us in the game but ultimately we needed our QB to make a play. Enough with this crap about EJ only having to not make mistakes. HE NEEDS TO MAKE PLAYS.

step up n throw the ball on a friggin line

Not sure what game you were watching if you thought the OL was fine. They were horrific. Guard play was flat out awful today. No running lanes to speak of, and the pressure got to EJ in a hurry.

EJ played bad today, no doubt about it. But to say the OL played fine is a complete lie. They were just as bad as EJ was.

Then why was this not the case in the previous two games? Because The O line play was OBVIOUSLY better in those games.

Not saying EJ played well today......but lets not act like this has been happening all season

really, what game were you watching? I saw Pears getting blown up on a regular basis, and even Glenn got knocked back into EJ on one play. The Chargers had EJ under pressure quite a bit for only rushing four almost all game.

EJ stunk it up, and so did the line, the play calling, the defensive play calling. all the penalties

Fredex showed up, not sure about the rest

This is exactly the same thing EJ did at FSU. His team had superior talent and took advantage of an awful ACC. When his team actually needed him, he looked like he did today.

He locks onto his WR and hopes he gets wide open. Then the ball is usually high. If the WR is not open he has no pocket awareness, starts to panic and implodes. That's what he does. Hopefully SD is a really good team and we don't have to rely on EJ to ever win us a game because he's simply incapable.

Then why was this not the case in the previous two games? Because The O line play was OBVIOUSLY better in those games.

Not saying EJ played well today......but lets not act like this has been happening all season

We've.seen this last year in games against Pittsburgh, Tampa and the Jets. Until EJ can consistently make plays down field he is going to get pressured. He doesn't step in to his throws. I was at the game and there were plays to be made. He had people open on those two third down plays were he lobbed the ball to the outside. He has to work the middle of the field.

EJ and our OL were bad today.

As was our defense........or perhaps we should not talk about how pretty much EVERY ASPECT of the team was bad except for special teams?

We've.seen this last year in games against Pittsburgh, Tampa and the Jets. Until EJ can consistently make plays down field he is going to get pressured. He doesn't step in to his throws. I was at the game and there were plays to be made. He had people open on those two third down plays were he lobbed the ball to the outside. He has to work the middle of the field.

This has been discussed already even before this game......EJ Manuel was going to have bad play to go along with his GOOD play (and he was good the first two games)

I dont think you will find anyone who will say anything positve about EJ's play today......but it was ONE game

Brady isn't very good when he's getting hit either...relax. Why does everyone hold EJ up to some HOF standard? He was statistically better than Brees through 2 weeks, but now he has a bad game against a team that just embarrassed Seattle the week before and now he's a bust over one game. This board is beyond absurd with its EJ stuff...this kid will have good games, bad games, and mediocre games...so far, his good and mediocre out number his terrible games 9-4. He will have growing pains, just like all the greats did. His first 13 games are still statistically better with a better win % than many of the top QBs in the game during their first 13 games.

At the end of the day, EJ is a work in progress who may or may not be the long term solution. Thats what this year will help tell us. So far he has us 2-1 with 2 quality wins and one loss against a very tough opponent and Elite QB. I will take that, especially since most of you foolishly had us 0-3 at this point.

PS: We are still in 1st place in the division.

Edited by Alphadawg7

As was our defense........or perhaps we should not talk about how pretty much EVERY ASPECT of the team was bad except for special teams?

This has been discussed already even before this game......EJ Manuel was going to have bad play to go along with his GOOD play (and he was good the first two games)

I dont think you will find anyone who will say anything positve about EJ's play today......but it was ONE game

I hope so John. I don't mean to be so critical but there were plays to be made today. I was expecting more out of Manuel. I understand it is a growing process but he needs to step up when it matters. Running out of bounds on third down doesn't help.

Holding SD to 20 points and 2.3 per rush is bad? They were not great the first half but played really well the second. Certainly good enough to win. Rivers is gonna get his so 250 and 2 TDs is pretty good.

Is this what it's gonna come to? Every week someone on either side of the fence saying 'told you so'? The Bills drafted EJ probably knowing he was going to be a three-year project. He probably shouldn't have even started last year. There's gonna be good and bad and we've seen some of each this season. I'm gonna wait until season 3 to start making a definitive judgment.

The EJ Purge has begun. All EJ bashing and mayhem is legal for the next week. Have a nice day.

EJ definitely had a bad day. Real bad. The question is this the real EJ going forward? Obviously DC's have the book on him so he has to take the next step. But give a little credit to SD. They played very well on defense. And Rivers played like a 10 year vet.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Holding SD to 20 points and 2.3 per rush is bad? They were not great the first half but played really well the second. Certainly good enough to win. Rivers is gonna get his so 250 and 2 TDs is pretty good.

If you dont recognize that Rivers and the boltz took their foot off the gas at a certain point in that game then your kidding yourself (but we actually know what your doing.....you want to put this soley on EJ.....)

The EJ Purge has begun. All EJ bashing and mayhem is legal for the next week. Have a nice day.

EJ definitely had a bad day. Real bad. The question is this the real EJ going forward? Obviously DC's have the book on him so he has to take the next step. But give a little credit to SD. They played very well on defense. And Rivers played like a 10 year vet.

Doesnt it really last all week? In the Purge they only got the evening!

If you dont recognize that Rivers and the boltz took their foot off the gas at a certain point in that game then your kidding yourself (but we actually know what your doing.....you want to put this soley on EJ.....)

They took their foot off the gas because they didn't feel threatened by Manuel.

Are you kidding me? They allowed the Chargers to march down the field, use up 7:30 in the 3rd qtr and in the same drive let them convert on 3rd and 10 and 3rd and 8. Oh and they let them score a TD on 3rd down after that.

The defense was horrible today, if you couldn't see that you are lying to yourself. After the Chargers went up 20-3, it was cruise control.

EJ didn't look great, and I think most people knew he'd have a bad game, but to say the defense was fine is just wrong.

EJ will never be an accurate passer, and this flaw in his game will keep him from making plays when the defense anticipates the pass.

i think the poor decision making and hurried throws may work themselves out as he gains experience, but his inability to complete passes downfield looks like it's already crept into what Hackett calls. this gives the opponent a heck of an advantage defending us.

202 and 173 yards passing are not even remotely close to being "good" games. They only are " good" if your definition of " good" is not blowing the game for the team. As I have said before the Bills won 2 games in spite of not because of. I suspect you will be earning your money as head of EJ Manual Social Media team this week. Jim Kelly was given an opportunity to give EJ Manual a vote of confidence today on the telecast and he did not do it. enough said shill