To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

This is interesting. Who do you consider to be the top 10 QBs in the league right now?

Oh man is this a loaded question...I cannot wait to see how it plays out... :lol:

Given the high standard many demand from a "top QB" or even a "good QB" I will be quite surprised if there are 10 that qualify for the "top 10".

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is wCP?
:beer:
No, the completion percentage is clearly labeled. I'm curios in what wCP means. As some figures are over 100, we know that it can't be straight completion percentae. Thank you!
Thanks. Well worth linking.

Enjoy gents. This guy is definitely worth following if you're into twitter: https://twitter.com/NickelCityBills

It's interesting, but I'm not sure I go with what seems like assigning "degree of difficulty" to the passes.

I mean, an average of 3.4 YPA can move the chains

Brady has made himself a HoF great throwing dinky-dunk passes

Edit: but then I'm a holdout from this "Total QBR" or whatever it is, too, I feel it is way too subjective

Edited by Hopeful

I'm LMAO here. Why would anyone ever trust some Internet stranger?! Especially one from Hemet? Get a grip, man.

We are like Vulcans in Hemet.....we cannot tell a lie.

Trust me...its you

Top 10 QB's for 2014 season only.

#1- P. Manning

#2- A. Rodgers

#3- D. Brees

#4- P. Rivers

#5- T. Brady

#6- A. Luck

#7- R. Wilson

#8- J. Cutler

#9- C. Newton

#10- M. Stafford

Well...credit to you for giving a list.

Lots of those QB's teams are losing right now......maybe it really is more about the team and not making the mistake that give away the win?

We are like Vulcans in Hemet.....we cannot tell a lie.

Trust me...its you

Well...credit to you for giving a list.

Lots of those QB's teams are losing right now......maybe it really is more about the team and not making the mistake that give away the win?

Give me a break. I'm higher on EJ than I have ever been. but please, please, don't try to act like you wouldn't take one of those guys in a heartbeat.

Top 10 QB's for 2014 season only.

#1- P. Manning

#2- A. Rodgers

#3- D. Brees

#4- P. Rivers

#5- T. Brady

#6- A. Luck

#7- R. Wilson

#8- J. Cutler

#9- C. Newton

#10- M. Stafford

Above, you said that QBR is a good stat to use for who the top 10 QB's are. Are you saying those are who you think will be top 10 by the end of the year?

I ask, because a cursory glance at the statistics has EJ at #13, and Brees, Stafford, Brady, & Luck (yet to play week 2) all behind EJ, and considerably out of the aforementioned Top 10.

-Not saying that EJ is better than those guys, just looking for clarity.

Edited by garbag3man

Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco and Eli Manning just called to let you know that they were not considered All Pro QBs when they won their recent Superbowls and that it was actually more important to for them to win a Superbowl for their team than for them to become an All Pro QB.

So the hope is that EJ Manuel will be good enough to win a Superbowl for the Bills, not become an All Pro. Got it?

You make some good points, and I agree with you. But that doesn't mean that there's not a ton of room for improvement from EJ, and that if the Bills had a high quality QB right now, they'd be a legitimate SB contender.

Also, what's rather funny is that in my first post in this thread, I simply quoted TWO other forum members who correctly pointed out EJ's lack of skills in certain areas, and agreed with them.

Give me a break. I'm higher on EJ than I have ever been. but please, please, don't try to act like you wouldn't take one of those guys in a heartbeat.

You can keep Cutler. I'll stay with EJ.

Looking toward the future, Manning, Brady, Brees and perhaps even Rivers might be great for the short term. But the Bills would be on the lookout for their future QB ASAP.

Notice ANY 2nd year QBs on that list? Didn't think so. I believe I would have put Luck in that list in his 2nd year (maybe his rookie year). Same with Wilson. Very rare for a QB to demonstrate elite skills in the NFL this early in his career. To a degree we think every high QB pick should be able to do this now, because we've been fortunate enough to see a couple do it recently. Keep that in perspective. It is a very rare occurrence.

You can keep Cutler. I'll stay with EJ.

Looking toward the future, Manning, Brady, Brees and perhaps even Rivers might be great for the short term. But the Bills would be on the lookout for their future QB ASAP.

Notice ANY 2nd year QBs on that list? Didn't think so. I believe I would have put Luck in that list in his 2nd year (maybe his rookie year). Same with Wilson. Very rare for a QB to demonstrate elite skills in the NFL this early in his career. To a degree we think every high QB pick should be able to do this now, because we've been fortunate enough to see a couple do it recently. Keep that in perspective. It is a very rare occurrence.

I'm not trying to knock EJ here. I just think JfH is going a little too far defending EJ. To start saying "a lot of those teams are losing" is an insinuation that those teams aren't better off with those QB's. Cutty may be debatable, but the rest are not. I was talking about for the 2014 season.

I understand why JfH defends EJ, and I also understand that he has to stick to his guns. But it's ridiculous to even imply that 9/10 of those QB's wouldn't be better for us in 2014. It damages his credibility when he (rightfully) defends EJ from the overly critical.

2015 and beyond? Maybe that will change.

Edited by FireChan

You make some good points, and I agree with you. But that doesn't mean that there's not a ton of room for improvement from EJ, and that if the Bills had a high quality QB right now, they'd be a legitimate SB contender.

Also, what's rather funny is that in my first post in this thread, I simply quoted TWO other forum members who correctly pointed out EJ's lack of skills in certain areas, and agreed with them.

Who ever said that EJ doesnt have tons of room for improvement......

There seems to be a disconnect here.....

- "Room for improvement" does not mean that said player is currently a BAD QB....you can have room for improvement and still be a good QB.......

- Still less then 16 games on EJ's resume

I'm not trying to knock EJ here. I just think JfH is going a little too far defending EJ. To start saying "a lot of those teams are losing" is an insinuation that those teams aren't better off with those QB's. Cutty may be debatable, but the rest are not. I was talking about for the 2014 season.

I understand why JfH defends EJ, and I also understand that he has to stick to his guns. But it's ridiculous to even imply that 9/10 of those QB's wouldn't be better for us in 2014. It damages his credibility when he (rightfully) defends EJ from the overly critical.

2015 and beyond? Maybe that will change.

I don't disagree those QBs have more experience, and have proven over time to be more reliable than EJ. Some of that has to do with the fact that EJ has yet to play one full season of games and none of us know what he will become. So one would likely give the Bills a better chance to win games these years if one of those QBs ((with the possible exception of Cutler) than with EJ. That's just Football 101.

But that doesn't mean the Bills would be better, and actually win more games with one of those QBs. With some of those QBs, the game plan is probably completely different. Typically with a star QB the game revolves around that player,. The Bills likely run less. Pass more. More chances for INTs and sacks. Just some examples of course. Perhaps the team is actually a better team with EJ at the QB position. And not just for the short term, but in the long term. I'm very excited to see this group of players develop together.

I know, but your post came across like that to me.

Look...we dont discuss this in a vacuum.....

- In order to get one of THOSE QB's what does our team have to give up? We need to live in the now where it is hard to get QB like that....they just dont come along that often

- Those QB's are established with now game experience then EJ

- What you hope for is a good QB (which EJ is proving to be) that can be a great QB with playing time....STILL DOESNT HAVE A FULL SEASON

Let's see how EJ performs when the Bills are down by a couple scores and he has to make multiple throws downfield before he's anointed as the answer.

Agreed. There are things we need to find out about EJ and things he needs to do better. But let's not simply ignore the clear progress he has displayed because he hasn't had to become a perfect QB yet.