To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

Ok, so I guess you're talking about this post? Personally, I'm not "so invested about being right or wrong about a player." The latter would be the angry name callers who apparently can't stand it when someone else has a differing opinion than their own, then they let the insults and denigration fly.

Me personally, I'm just here to waste time, have a little fun, and give a solid, well-founded opinions based on 40+ years of watching NFL football....and it ain't rocket science out there! LOL Also factoring in to my opinion about EJ is the many times I saw him play while he was at FSU. You know, there's a reason why most NFL draft experts did not have EJ going in the first round.

Actually, I was referring to a few pages ago when I asked you what, specifically, EJ wasn't doing well since I didn't want to comb through 16 pages of posts to find it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were 2-0. Keep trolling. Not sure why the anti EJ crowd keeps bashing jfh based on his positive outlook. Andrew luck threw it 9 yards instead of 2 on 3rd and 9. Guess what happened? Interception followed by a loss.

You aren't jaws or mayock bro. Thanks for the EJ scouting report. Let's work on that skittishness in the pocket.

Positive is not bashing CJ, Watkins etc while blaming them for every EJ mistake. And I am very glad we're 2-0.

That is not to protect his QB rating. Listen to Marrone every Sunday after the game and every Monday presser, first thing he talks about is turnover differential. EJ is hearing all week, every week - "the way you hurt this team is by turning the ball over". Taking those dump offs when the pressure comes on 3rd and 9 rather than taking the risky throw down the field is what he is being coached to do. It isn't to protect his QB rating it is the protect the team's W-L record, and so far in the 11 games that EJ has started and finished the Bills are 6-5 and 2-0 so far this season. Not bad going.

Oh and we are tied for 1st through 2 weeks in offensive plays of 20 yards plus.... (I know the run game has contributed to that) so it sounds like being safe on 3rd down isn't costing us too much to me.

I see your point and will accept it given the fact that we were ahead. Will you feel the same way if we were playing from behind? Many of us were extremely frustrated by this same thing last year when we were not nursing a lead.

I still want to see in Manwel can rally the team to come back from a 3 score deficit in the second half, but in the mean time I'm not going to knock the guy for staying out in front. It all comes out in the wash and by season's end I'm sure we'll have a good idea what kind of QB he is.

Exactly! Let's enjoy the ride while it lasts and Ignore the Internet bullies that personally bash those with a different opinion.

Clearly if we are playing from behind there will be additional scrutiny on the play calling and execution, but make no mistake, whilst it is a one score game and outside of the 2 minute warning Marrone and Hackett will want EJ to protect the ball. If we are in a shoot-out clearly then we need to see both the confidence of the coaches and the confidence of EJ to take chances.

My point, throughout this whole darn thread, has been that this team has been built to avoid shoot-outs, avoid situations where our QB is playing from 14 points or more down. The idea of Whaley and Marrone is that if we score more than 20/21 that has to mean we win. I think if they were offered EJ going .500 in games where we give up more than 20 points they would be delighted with that. The plan is that this team keeps games tight and is good on defense. Might not be the exciting news you were after but that, I am 99% sure, is the plan.

I still want to see in Manwel can rally the team to come back from a 3 score deficit in the second half, but in the mean time I'm not going to knock the guy for staying out in front. It all comes out in the wash and by season's end I'm sure we'll have a good idea what kind of QB he is.

^ This

I'e prefer to never see that, as I prefer the Bills not fall behind by three scores.

But if they do, then I agree. And I think it will come down to protection. If he's kept clean he will likely be OK. Under a ton of pressure, well I'm not so sure.

I think a lot of of fans are caught up in arguing against the inane postings of John from Hement and are being mislabeled as EJ haters. Those of us that point out that EJ floats the ball, Locks into one receiver, is skittish in the pocket, rather protect his QB rating with a 2 yd pass on 3rd and 9 intead of taking a chance are instantly tagged as trolls. I would like make that love nothing better than EJ becoming a franchise QB. To read his postings EJ never throws a bad pass, WR run bad routes and should catch everything regardless of how off target it is. It is always someone elses fault. He is constantly bashing other players yet those that find fault with EJ are trolls? He is obviously a member of EJ's social media team and the fact that the mods let that go on here is disappointing.

I saw some of those things last year; he's very little of those things this year, and the results have been much better.

As I've said repeatedly, EJ definitely has things he needs to work on; he has, however, played well thus far and I look forward to his continued improvement.

I saw some of those things last year; he's very little of those things this year, and the results have been much better.

As I've said repeatedly, EJ definitely has things he needs to work on; he has, however, played well thus far and I look forward to his continued improvement.

Wonderfully stated

And all of those issues are shared by many, many QBs in this league - even the "franchise guys" who have more than 13 nfl starts

Hey, if Manwel is a better quarterback than Manuel, I say let him play

Time to get on the bandwagon? Go Bills..

The better he plays, and continues to mature, the more I will like him. Right now, he's playing adequate, but I'm not doing back flips over his performance just yet. I do however like where his confidence is, and I've never been happier with his dedication to improving himself. The Bills won the game, and EJ looked "ok" doing it, but by no means was that a corner turning performance. time will tell, but I'm not on, or off the EJ wagon, I'm quietly hopeful he becomes a great QB, and would be very happy with above average if that meant a playoff or superbowl win.

Hey, if Manwel is a better quarterback than Manuel, I say let him play

:lol:

The better he plays, and continues to mature, the more I will like him. Right now, he's playing adequate, but I'm not doing back flips over his performance just yet. I do however like where his confidence is, and I've never been happier with his dedication to improving himself. The Bills won the game, and EJ looked "ok" doing it, but by no means was that a corner turning performance. time will tell, but I'm not on, or off the EJ wagon, I'm quietly hopeful he becomes a great QB, and would be very happy with above average if that meant a playoff or superbowl win.

A perfectly reasonable perspective, IMO.

Are you twelve? Are the your momma jokes coming next?

The reason people are all over you is because you're not trying to provide factual info. You're trying to pass off your opinion as fact and that's wrong. The fact is, the Bills are 2-0 and the QB has been a help, not a hinderance. But in your world of being miserable and wanting to set yourself up to prove you're right and EJ is bad, you're making yourself look like an unintelligent poster with zero football knowledge.

What's hilarious is that he's trying to pass his "eye test" and "40+ years of watching football" as reasonable arguments to why EJ is performing terribly according to him.

Those who have stated their dislike of EJ use the same platitudes over and over again..."can't complete passes past 10 yards, locks in on receivers, looks skittish". The minute you see that in their post, without ANY factual evidence to back it up, shows you how little they actually know about football. All they are doing is trying to set themselves up so that when EJ does have a bad game (and it is inevitable as he's played a total of TWELVE games and is a second-year player), they can say "SEE! Told ya so!" so they can get their make-believe internet award for being right.

Frankly, it's pathetic and sad they can't see themselves for what they are.

The only comparison I keep coming up with for EJ bashers after a 2-0 start and decent QB play: it's like telling someone how stupid he is to play the lottery, even after the guy wins the jackpot.

Your opinion is not wrong, it's just the circumstances have changed and has lost its meaningfulness.

What annoys me about these threads is the black and white perspectives of his play. He is either good or bad. Nothing in between.

To me, he's making definite strides to better play, but he's certainly not there yet to remove the doubt.

It's also ridiculous to compare his progress to Russell Wilson's. While both Bills & Seattle called game plans to minimize the dependence on a young QB, EJ still cannot make the needed throws that Wilson made at this point in his career.

So the jury is still out, but EJ is improving.

What's hilarious is that he's trying to pass his "eye test" and "40+ years of watching football" as reasonable arguments to why EJ is performing terribly according to him.

Those who have stated their dislike of EJ use the same platitudes over and over again..."can't complete passes past 10 yards, locks in on receivers, looks skittish". The minute you see that in their post, without ANY factual evidence to back it up, shows you how little they actually know about football. All they are doing is trying to set themselves up so that when EJ does have a bad game (and it is inevitable as he's played a total of TWELVE games and is a second-year player), they can say "SEE! Told ya so!" so they can get their make-believe internet award for being right.

Frankly, it's pathetic and sad they can't see themselves for what they are.

Anyone watching any other football games would see these same things in established QBs. Moving your feet apparently means you're "skittish." Dumping off means you're "Captain Checkdown." Looking at a wide open receiver mean you are "locked in." And yet some people here are seriously advocating swapping EJ for a QB whose INT numbers would make Fitz blush! (Guess who?) I swear there are a few people who are actually disappointed the Bills are winning because they can't B word about the team anymore.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Are you twelve? Are the your momma jokes coming next?

Yawn. Once again I was simply responding to someone else's childish jab at me, when they stated that "I was getting spanked." Why didn't you chastise the guy from Hemet for his childish post?

If everyone else can keep it on topic, and refrain from the childish remarks and backhanded insults, of course I would have nothing to respond to. But sadly, there are many in here who when they see a differing view, get all bent out of shape, and feel the need to go on the attack.

Anyone watching any other football games would see these same things in established QBs.

I usually go to a sports bar every week, and see MANY games, so there's that.