To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone else can keep it on topic, and refrain from the childish remarks and backhanded insults, of course I would have nothing to respond to. But sadly, there are many in here who when they see a differing view, get all bent out of shape, and feel the need to go on the attack.

I usually go to a sports bar every week, and see MANY games, so there's that.

You have refused to have a solid discussion with ANYONE. You've made it 100% clear that your OPINION is 100% correct, and anyone who tries to rebuff your "facts" is completely wrong. FACT is, the majority of your posts show you to be nothing more than a poorly informed fan who thinks he's a scout and knows better than anyone else.

So in other words you're not really watching EJ and the Bills all that much?

Oh, I watch every Bills play closely, but well, you know, commercials, timeouts, halftime, etc give me plenty of time to see other QBs in action. Of course then there's all the other games I peruse when the Bills game is over (think TNF, SNF, MNF, 4pm games, etc). So yeah, I get to see a lot of other QBs in action.

I think a lot of of fans are caught up in arguing against the inane postings of John from Hement and are being mislabeled as EJ haters. Those of us that point out that EJ floats the ball, Locks into one receiver, is skittish in the pocket, rather protect his QB rating with a 2 yd pass on 3rd and 9 intead of taking a chance are instantly tagged as trolls. I would like make that love nothing better than EJ becoming a franchise QB. To read his postings EJ never throws a bad pass, WR run bad routes and should catch everything regardless of how off target it is. It is always someone elses fault. He is constantly bashing other players yet those that find fault with EJ are trolls? He is obviously a member of EJ's social media team and the fact that the mods let that go on here is disappointing.

This....in a nutshell.....is horse dung. I have said many times that EJ is not a finished project and has things that needs to work on.......but I do end up defending a bills player from the hordes that need to find something to B word about......

By the way.....I carry it as a badge of pride that all these "realists" feel that I am the EJ Manuel Chamption (I assure you that I am not....I am part of a group of fans that see the good with the bad and know that this is a QB that just needs time.......but everything is improving in EJs game....period.

He just needs to keep playing and show consistancy

I still want to see in Manwel can rally the team to come back from a 3 score deficit in the second half, but in the mean time I'm not going to knock the guy for staying out in front. It all comes out in the wash and by season's end I'm sure we'll have a good idea what kind of QB he is.

Rob....I am also waiting for this. Fortunately we havent had to worry about that this year as of yet.

Oh, I watch every Bills play closely, but well, you know, commercials, timeouts, halftime, etc give me plenty of time to see other QBs in action. Of course then there's all the other games I peruse when the Bills game is over (think TNF, SNF, MNF, 4pm games, etc). So yeah, I get to see a lot of other QBs in action.

get NFL Rewind. it only takes 30 minutes to watch each game. watch one or watch em all.

The better he plays, and continues to mature, the more I will like him. Right now, he's playing adequate, but I'm not doing back flips over his performance just yet. I do however like where his confidence is, and I've never been happier with his dedication to improving himself. The Bills won the game, and EJ looked "ok" doing it, but by no means was that a corner turning performance. time will tell, but I'm not on, or off the EJ wagon, I'm quietly hopeful he becomes a great QB, and would be very happy with above average if that meant a playoff or superbowl win.

Totally agree with this

Yawn. Once again I was simply responding to someone else's childish jab at me, when they stated that "I was getting spanked." Why didn't you chastise the guy from Hemet for his childish post?

If everyone else can keep it on topic, and refrain from the childish remarks and backhanded insults, of course I would have nothing to respond to. But sadly, there are many in here who when they see a differing view, get all bent out of shape, and feel the need to go on the attack.

I usually go to a sports bar every week, and see MANY games, so there's that.

My response to you Jax was rather immature and for that I do apologize.

Please do provide us your insight

I think a lot of of fans are caught up in arguing against the inane postings of John from Hement and are being mislabeled as EJ haters. Those of us that point out that EJ floats the ball, Locks into one receiver, is skittish in the pocket, rather protect his QB rating with a 2 yd pass on 3rd and 9 intead of taking a chance are instantly tagged as trolls. I would like make that love nothing better than EJ becoming a franchise QB. To read his postings EJ never throws a bad pass, WR run bad routes and should catch everything regardless of how off target it is. It is always someone elses fault. He is constantly bashing other players yet those that find fault with EJ are trolls? He is obviously a member of EJ's social media team and the fact that the mods let that go on here is disappointing.

Says the guy who evaluates EJ based on his Fantasy Football rankings.

The quality of the class has NO bearing on this. Only the quality of the individual QB. So far, this year, EJ looks quite a bit better than Geno. Who knows who will develop to be the better QB? And what makes you think you have the crystal ball to know that?

All most of us ask is to recognize the progress he has made. Checks down all the time? Nope. Doesn't' throw downfield? He's done it quite a bit, actually. Locks onto one WR? I believe he has looked the safety/LB a number of times already this year.

Complain about some passes that weren't perfect, if you like, But at least when you do, point out the PERFECT pass to Watkins that was a would-be TD had he held on.

Yes, there is work to do? Of course. I think he's showing the ability to do whatever is asked of him--admittedly that hasn't be a lot so far. We'll see where his ceiling is. But when he gets time to throw, so far, so good.

Some here have simply refused to mention the progress--are you one of those posters? I believe in praise tempered with reality and criticism balanced with praise, if any has been earned. So far, EJ has earned some praise, but in reality has much more to show.

How can the class that EJ came from be irrelevant when the poster I responded to, cited it.

I said Geno is a better passer than EJ, as far as accuracy. On what basis is EJ better than Geno, at present?

As to the future, who knows?

By the way, EJ has far better weapons than Geno. When was the last time the Bills had so many talented offensive weapons. Kudos to Whaley.

Well as a stats guy, I freely admit they don't tell the full story. And two games is an awfully small sample size.

That's based on ONE game. I don't know if that is a good metric, or not. But no metric is perfect with a sample of one or two games. As we all know, Fitz is perfectly capable of paying a good game or two. Or has it been too long for some to remember that?

Someone posted the list in order to make a point. It then becomes fair game to point out the silliness of it.

The fact that this stupid thread, and mark my words its stupid, had gone on for 19 pages proves that people are more invested in being right about EJ being a bust then about being objective about his play and development.

Facts are facts...he's statistically playing well, he's helped lead us (even his own teammates credit him for changing the locker room) to 2 tough wins, and he's got a better record and better stats in his first 12 games than MANY of the top QB's in the NFL had in their first 12 games. So to say he is a bust right is literally so stupid it doesn't even dignify a response. It would also be equally dumb to declare him the absolute answer to our QB issues as of right now.

The ONLY correct stance on this is that its too early to tell, he has shown a lot of promise, he's also not yet there, and he has exceeded most expectations through the first 2 weeks of this season. Everything else is just self righteous gibberish of people trying to prove they are right on either side.

So here is the deal...everyone just stop replying to the people on the crusade. Let them post all they want about how bad he is, don't read them, and if you do read them, don't reply to them. Just rip the band aid off and quit cold turkey like you are trying to quit smoking. Its everyone arguing with blind hate that keeps it going....so just don't respond anymore...problem solved.

The obvious hole in your argument is that those of us who still have doubts about EJ didn't start the thread. It was started by someone who believes EJ has already proven to be called a raging success. That is the opinion that at this point is baseless. You are blaming those of us who disagree with that attitude. He was looking to rub it in our faces that his opinion was correct. To not expect pushback is silly.

How about we wait more than two games before declaring EJ the answer.

Pretty funny Mr Adams. My statement was EJ is not well thought of by the majority of football fans outside of Buffalo. I then pointed at that he is undrafted in a majority of fantasy leagues. I guess I need to actually spell it out for you. If people think he could put up the stats to help them they would take him. If your take is that is how I judge him than that is a reading comprehension issue on your part and that is sad. I would love to see EJ become the number one QB in the history of the Bills but based upon what I see (Not Fantasy Stat) I do not see it. When I try and articulate it with other Bills fans there are some that don't want to hear it and respond with bullying tactics and the tired "You are a troll" when your opinion differs from theirs.

Edited by Boolay

Pretty funny. My statement was EJ is not well thought of by the majority of football fans outside of Buffalo. I then pointed at that he is undrafted in a majority of fantasy leagues. I guess I need to actually spell it out for you. If people think he could put up the stats to help them they would take him. If your take is that is how I judge him than that is a reading comprehension issue on your part and that is sad. I would love to see EJ become the number one QB in the history of the Bills but based upon what I see (Not Fantasy Stat) I do not see it. When I try and articulate it with other Bills fans there are some that don't want to hear it and respond with bullying tactics and the tired "You are a troll" when your opinion differs from theirs.

Basing anything on fantasy football is a mistake. It's not football. It's gambling.

What about genos 18,000 interceptions ? He's accurate alright

His interceptions have come primarily from poor decisions, rather than accuracy problems. I thought most fans understood this.

18,000 is a lot, though.

The obvious hole in your argument is that those of us who still have doubts about EJ didn't start the thread. It was started by someone who believes EJ has already proven to be called a raging success. That is the opinion that at this point is baseless. You are blaming those of us who disagree with that attitude. He was looking to rub it in our faces that his opinion was correct. To not expect pushback is silly.

How about we wait more than two games before declaring EJ the answer.

This is where you are 100% wrong. NO ONE says what you said they said. Look at the OP and look at the first few pages of quotes again. In no way do EJ supporters say he is a great player already. No one says he is a raging success and guaranteed star. They say the complete opposite: He has made some plays, made progress, threw some nice passes, hasn't sucked. NO ONE says he is great already, and virtually every basher comes on and says you guys all say he is already great.

I said Geno is a better passer than EJ, as far as accuracy. On what basis is EJ better than Geno, at present?

EJ Manuel : NFL completion percentage - 59.9%; NFL Interceptions - 10

Geno Smith : NFL completion percentage - 56.9%; NFL Interceptions - 23

More eye tests? This is getting boring.

EDIT: Just thought might be worth looking at the 3rd QB from that class that has seen proper playing time.

Mike Glennon : NFL completion percentage - 59.4%; NFL Interceptions - 9

I think I can see which one of those 3 struggles most with accuracy.

Edited by GunnerBill