To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

I have to admit, he was throwing some awful AND nice balls all day. That one in the 1st quarter to Sammy dropped right between his hands - thrown WHWERE IT MADE FOR A MAKABLE BUT DIFFICULT CATCH

FIXED...

EJ is coming along but still has a long way to go. The receivers are making nice catches on some of his throws.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ Manuel : NFL completion percentage - 59.9%; NFL Interceptions - 10.

Geno Smith : NFL completion percentage - 56.9%; NFL Interceptions - 23

More eye tests? This is getting boring.

Your stats say that so far EJ is a better QB. I agree with that.

I merely said Geno is a more accurate thrower, but Geno is a poor decision maker.

I am not sure why some people are so crazed about this viewpoint.

Right now I would rather have EJ, but if Geno gets better at reading the D, I would probably prefer him. None of us knows if that will happen, though.

Some of you act like any criticism of EJ is like your kid being criticized.

I think a lot of of fans are caught up in arguing against the inane postings of John from Hement and are being mislabeled as EJ haters. Those of us that point out that EJ floats the ball, Locks into one receiver, is skittish in the pocket, rather protect his QB rating with a 2 yd pass on 3rd and 9 intead of taking a chance are instantly tagged as trolls. I would like make that love nothing better than EJ becoming a franchise QB. To read his postings EJ never throws a bad pass, WR run bad routes and should catch everything regardless of how off target it is. It is always someone elses fault. He is constantly bashing other players yet those that find fault with EJ are trolls? He is obviously a member of EJ's social media team and the fact that the mods let that go on here is disappointing.

Please be so kind as to cite specific examples from the first two games because I can point to several examples of the EAXCT OPPOSITE of what you describe. Thanks.

GO BILLS!!!

This is where you are 100% wrong. NO ONE says what you said they said. Look at the OP and look at the first few pages of quotes again. In no way do EJ supporters say he is a great player already. No one says he is a raging success and guaranteed star. They say the complete opposite: He has made some plays, made progress, threw some nice passes, hasn't sucked. NO ONE says he is great already, and virtually every basher comes on and says you guys all say he is already great.

We disagree.

I think the original sentiment of the OP is off-base because he is operating under the erroneous assumption that if we have any criticisms of EJ, we are therefore bashers. The premise of the thread is wrong and meant to provoke strong opinions.

Don't whine when you get these opinions.

We disagree.

I think the original sentiment of the OP is off-base because he is operating under the erroneous assumption that if we have any criticisms of EJ, we are therefore bashers. The premise of the thread is wrong and meant to provoke strong opinions.

He is? I think he just said "time to get on the bandwagon."

Unless he is writing in code or something. And if you don't think there are bashers, search "EJ" "never" "NFL" "QB" and see how many posts come up.

Your stats say that so far EJ is a better QB. I agree with that.

I merely said Geno is a more accurate thrower, but Geno is a poor decision maker.

I am not sure why some people are so crazed about this viewpoint.

Right now I would rather have EJ, but if Geno gets better at reading the D, I would probably prefer him. None of us knows if that will happen, though.

Some of you act like any criticism of EJ is like your kid being criticized.

so he is accurate, although he sometimes makes a poor decision and thereby accurately throws it to the defensive back? I think I follow..... to me to be accurate you have to be accurate in hitting your guy consistently.

I don't personally believe Geno Smith will ever be a better Quarterback than EJ Manuel even if I think (and I think this might be where you are coming from too) he looks like he has a more natural, smoother, throwing motion.

Edited by GunnerBill

We disagree.

Then that is an erroneous assumption. How is that a possible interpretation when "the bandwagon" is that he doesn't suck, not that he never makes a mistake. The bandwagon is he needs some time and he is playing pretty well. That is what it means and it's inarguable that is what it means because as I stated earlier, no one ever ever says he's already great. Everyone here that supports him is almost the same. He's got some talent, he makes some plays, he doesn't do what you say he does all the time, etc. The OPs actual statements are "Time to get on the bandwagon?" and "That wasn't the intent. So many threads are full of doom and gloom. This was a let's rally behind the kid, and this team type post."

Please be so kind as to cite specific examples from the first two games because I can point to several examples of the EAXCT OPPOSITE of what you describe. Thanks.

GO BILLS!!!

Hi K-9 . I'll get back to you when I get to re-watching both games and documenting each occurrence.

I still want to see in Manwel can rally the team to come back from a 3 score deficit in the second half, but in the mean time I'm not going to knock the guy for staying out in front. It all comes out in the wash and by season's end I'm sure we'll have a good idea what kind of QB he is.

We all want to see him do this. But I'm not going to freak out when he fails to do it, either. The odds are against it for any QB, let alone a player with 12 games under his belt and a long ways to go developmentally. In the meantime, as I posted some pages ago, I will continue to focus on his improved decision making these first two games. THAT is the single most important aspect of his development.

I know his clunkers are coming and I accept that. The key is how he responds. That's what separates the best from the rest.

GO BILLS!!!

Then that is an erroneous assumption. How is that a possible interpretation when "the bandwagon" is that he doesn't suck, not that he never makes a mistake. The bandwagon is he needs some time and he is playing pretty well. That is what it means and it's inarguable that is what it means because as I stated earlier, no one ever ever says he's already great. Everyone here that supports him is almost the same. He's got some talent, he makes some plays, he doesn't do what you say he does all the time, etc. The OPs actual statements are "Time to get on the bandwagon?" and "That wasn't the intent. So many threads are full of doom and gloom. This was a let's rally behind the kid, and this team type post."

But that's the thing. Even though EJ had a decent game, I don't think that he had the type of game that would get his critics on the bandwagon, which is to be more of a complete QB.

The comparison to Geno can't go on, because they have completely different flaws. Geno can't move the ball between the 20's, is erratic, but can throw a beautiful ball to Kerley and Decker for the scores. EJ is the opposite at this point, and makes far less mistakes.

Pick which QB will have superior improvement on the flaws.

But that's the thing. Even though EJ had a decent game, I don't think that he had the type of game that would get his critics on the bandwagon, which is to be more of a complete QB.

The comparison to Geno can't go on, because they have completely different flaws. Geno can't move the ball between the 20's, is erratic, but can throw a beautiful ball to Kerley and Decker for the scores. EJ is the opposite at this point, and makes far less mistakes.

Pick which QB will have superior improvement on the flaws.

Geno is also a better (faster?) runner, not that I really care other than having that threat.

We disagree.

addressing the doubters as "to all the EJ bashers"

is like addressing his supporters as "to all the EJ apologists".

I say it's a little inflammatory.