To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was another efficient, above average performance. We all said it, if EJ could play like this we have the talent on the team to win.He can still improve, he had that one horrible drive where he was lucky not to get picked on both 2nd and 3rd down, but other than that I was impressed.

He played well enough to win today, which I think is a major step forward for this team.

But, I'm a little concerned that the offense couldn't score touchdowns in the red zone today. You can't kick 5 short-range field goals (and miss another) against a good team and expect to win.

Time to get on the bandwagon? Go Bills..

Always have been and will be a Bills supporter.

EJ is and remains a mediocrity.

With an above average QB this game today would have been a blowout in the first half.

Sure! It was good enough to win and that's good enough! And we are all happy about that!

But we aren't going to be playing non-playoff wonders like the Bears and Dolphins every week of the year, if we are going to get where we all want to go.

Here is the story of this year: how far can the Bills go while EJ remains a bottom-half-of-the-NFL-QB and nothing more than a game manager?

No doubt we can accomplish a lot with our D. But how far can we actually go?

His pocket presence seems to have improved.

He ran and got the ball out at the right times. The game has obviously slowed down for him.

He's still a young QB and will be maturing a lot during this season.

I hope all fans can just see him for what his is right now and stop bickering over him.

With an above average QB this game today would have been a blowout in the first half.

Sure! It was good enough to win and that's good enough! And we are all happy about that!

But we aren't going to be playing non-playoff wonders like the Bears and Dolphins every week of the year, if we are going to get where we all want to go.

Here is the story of this year: how far can the Bills go while EJ remains a bottom-half-of-the-NFL-QB and nothing more than a game manager?

The guy has made 12 NFL starts. If you told me he'd play like he has in his 11th and 12th starts when they drafted him I'd take it in a heartbeat.

That deep throw to Sammy on the first drive was the best throw I saw today. Too bad it didn't get the desired result.

I like that EJ came out fast, though. Gotta give credit to his preparation, which has probably been aided by the new QB coach.

Last year he always seemed to start slow. This year, he has looked to be in stride from the start.

Tannehill is crap. I'm sorry he is. He might get the odd great stat line against sucky teams but faced with anything like a proper defense he is poor. Holds the ball too long, and his accuracy is only average and he poops himself under any kind of pass rush pressure.

Edited by GunnerBill

Tannehill is crap. I'm sorry he is. He might get the odd great stat line against sucky teams but faced with anything like a proper defense he is poor. Holds the ball too long, and his accuracy is only average and he poops himself under any kind of pass rush pressure.

To be fair, he was running for his life all game.

It's the middle of the Dolphin's line that's crap. They are awful up the middle, the game against the *pats was either a fluke or the *pats front 7 are terrible. I'm hoping for the later.

I only listened to the game on Sirius so hard to judge EJ's field presence, etc. Stats say he had a good game. I'm still not convinced that he's the QB the Bills need to get them over the hump and no one hopes I'm wrong more than me.

The O-Line is not good I accept.... but how long does that excuse some of his mistakes? I've never seen it, I'm sorry I just don't get the Tannehill love at all.

I don't want to get into a debate where I end up defending Tannehil, definitely not today, but the guy has raw talent and can make all the throws when he's not flat on his back. That said, he might suck out loud when his career is all said and done. For now, he's middling.

Been saying it all off season, this team is built to win without EJ needing to be anything more than average. The first two games he's played well above average. This is a great trend. Love this team.

You know who also had his career sheltered like that at the beginning of his career? Tom Brady.

It's not really worth getting into because it's supposed to be a happy day.

But these "I told you so" looking to pick a fight threads after two games. Oiy. It's a bit much. How do these guys feel about other blah qb's that have won a bunch of games on good teams like Dalton and Smith? They're Manuel times a hundred; must be Canton bound.

But these "I told you so" looking to pick a fight threads after two games. Oiy. It's a bit much. How do these guys feel about other blah qb's that have won a bunch of games on good teams like Dalton and Smith? They're Manuel times a hundred; must be Canton bound.

Some people are just inherently negative. Let them wallow in it.

Just got back home after watching the game at a sports bar.....I'm NOT an EJ basher, just a realist.

But, I'm a little concerned that the offense couldn't score touchdowns in the red zone today. You can't kick 5 short-range field goals (and miss another) against a good team and expect to win.

Absolutely correct, and EJ has a BIG part in that red zone inefficiency.

Again, absolutely 100% spot on. Anyone who disagrees with the above either has no football knowledge at all, or is just a blind "homer."

Tanny and Dalton are just fine QBs... generally middle of the pack, but that's just fine. Not every QB can be top 5.

The problem QBs, the ones that actively hold teams back are the ones in the bottom 5-10 or so.

I see EJ as in the middle of the pack so far over his career... which is pretty fine with me since he's only 12 games into his career.

That wasn't the intent. So many threads are full of doom and gloom. This was a let's rally behind the kid, and this team type post.

Edited by DirtDart