To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

Greggy T - you're right. But I can still recall not that many seasons ago when we declared Trent Edwards to be the next great Bills QB after a 5 and 0 start so let's just say I'm skeptical.

I never bought into Edwards because the guy wouldn't ever throw it deep and he didn't even seem to like the game of football. IMO he had a lot of Mike Williams in him in that aspect. As far as the dinks and dunks, I knew that it was only a matter of time before the clock struck midnight on Edwards success as a starting QB.

The list of QBs in the NFL that you'd rather have over Manuel is starting to shrink. That's a very comforting feeling to have.

Edited by 1billsfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ was not good period. IF you watched objectively you would have seen his play costs us greatly in the red zone. that game should have been 21-0 or at least 17-0 in the first half easy if he were worth a damn.

What concerns me the most is the homerism toward another crappy QB. The excuses keep coming just like all the failures in the past.

Edited by Kellyto83TD

EJ was not good period. IF you watched objectively you would have seen his play costs us greatly in the red zone. that game should have been 21-0 or at least 17-0 in the first half easy if he were worth a damn.

What concerns me the most is the homerism toward another crappy QB. The excuses keep coming just like all the failures in the past.

That perfect bomb pass that hit Watkins right in the hands was not good at all.

Wow. Dean nailed it. Unless EJ throws for 350 yards and 4 TDs, he's still awful. What a bunch of ridiculous negativity. Jesus we're 2-0! Be happy with that and our QB with 12 career starts is showing the skills we need to be a successful team. You damn bashers are getting more and more ridiculous.

Exactly. I can't believe how low the expectations are for the first round qb in his second season. People praising him for not making mistakes and managing the game, pretty sad. Its just a good thing that the defense and special teams were able to do the heavy lifting for our "franchise qb" today.

Yep!

Greggy T - you're right. But I can still recall not that many seasons ago when we declared Trent Edwards to be the next great Bills QB after a 5 and 0 start so let's just say I'm skeptical.

Yes...but we didn't decide Edwards sucked when he was playing well during that 5-0 stretch, simply because he might not keep it up.

Manuel might not keep up this play. But as of now, he's had two controlled, efficient games where he hasn't done anything irretrievably stupid and lost the game. Plus, the pace of the game is visibly slowing down for him. If he can do that for a full season, of if he has a real crap-fest of a game and bounces back from it, that's something to build on. And that's kind-of what you want from a second-year QB.

In other words, EJ sucks because the Bill didn't win by enough?

Always have been and will be a Bills supporter.

EJ is and remains a mediocrity.

With an above average QB this game today would have been a blowout in the first half.

Sure! It was good enough to win and that's good enough! And we are all happy about that!

But we aren't going to be playing non-playoff wonders like the Bears and Dolphins every week of the year, if we are going to get where we all want to go.

Here is the story of this year: how far can the Bills go while EJ remains a bottom-half-of-the-NFL-QB and nothing more than a game manager?

No doubt we can accomplish a lot with our D. But how far can we actually go?

Outstanding post. I was at a place with tons of fans from other teams and the Bills had one of the Big 3 TV's and they were all saying at half something about how we should have had the game won outright with better QB play in the redzone. You could see from the playcalling it was to the point they didnt' want him putting it in the air down there.

But many fans on these boards just like all the crap QB's in the past just will not get it through their heads

Yes...but we didn't decide Edwards sucked when he was playing well during that 5-0 stretch, simply because he might not keep it up.

Manuel might not keep up this play. But as of now, he's had two controlled, efficient games where he hasn't done anything irretrievably stupid and lost the game. Plus, the pace of the game is visibly slowing down for him. If he can do that for a full season, of if he has a real crap-fest of a game and bounces back from it, that's something to build on. And that's kind-of what you want from a second-year QB.

In other words, EJ sucks because the Bill didn't win by enough?

Yes. When you sit here and see we could have done MUCH more with better QB play in the redzone and pretty much ended the game in the first half. Stop with the excuses for the guy. He is nothing more than Trent, RJ, JP etal of the past in a new form.

QB play severely restricted us today and I am telling you its going to hurt us badly when we play better teams.

You should be very proud of yourself. Seriously. You consistently prove to be TSW's dumbest poster. That's a very difficult achievement, as there are many certifiable morons on this forum., Stand up and be proud. You are #1!

Dean I get homerism is the thing here I really do, but I am spot on and far from the only one to see it. I get everyone is still on the "we beat Miami" High and that is cool as a win is a win, but What I say is completely true. EJ isn't getting it done. He severely restricted what we could do today.

Now bash, whine, complain, take cheap shots over the web all you want, it doesn't change the very harsh truth, EJ is showing he isn't the answer.

Yes. When you sit here and see we could have done MUCH more with better QB play in the redzone and pretty much ended the game in the first half. Stop with the excuses for the guy. He is nothing more than Trent, RJ, JP etal of the past in a new form.

QB play severely restricted us today and I am telling you its going to hurt us badly when we play better teams.

We didn't need to do much better today. We won. More importantly: Manuel didn't throw the game away, like previous QBs would have done.

Your complaint is basically that Manuel isn't in the Pro-Bowl after one game. To which I say: So. !@#$ing. What?

Dean I get homerism is the thing here I really do, but I am spot on and far from the only one to see it. I get everyone is still on the "we beat Miami" High and that is cool as a win is a win, but What I say is completely true. EJ isn't getting it done. He severely restricted what we could do today.

Now bash, whine, complain, take cheap shots over the web all you want, it doesn't change the very harsh truth, EJ is showing he isn't the answer.

So everything you say is true. I'm sorry, you're the GM of what NFL team??

Exactly. I can't believe how low the expectations are for the first round qb in his second season. People praising him for not making mistakes and managing the game, pretty sad. Its just a good thing that the defense and special teams were able to do the heavy lifting for our "franchise qb" today.

Not sure if you are kidding here, as I don't really know who the hell you are. But anyone expecting a very young QB, with fewer than a season's worth of games under his belt, to play perfect football, is a moron. There have been few, precious few, young QBs who have succeeded in the NFL. Most have had very good teams surrounding them, or at least a good offensive line. For some reason, stupid fans expect every young QB, drafted in the 1st round, to succeed regardless of the team surrounding him. That is simply not a realistic world view.

Has EJ been GREAT? NO. But with that said, in the games where EJ has had decent protection, he has delivered a performance good enough to win the game. And he is getting better with experience. If that doesn't' make you optimistic, then there is probably nothing he can do to impress you, Like Kellyto83, you may have made your decision on this player (before the guy has even played a season's worth of games). And if that's the case, you are a worse football analyst than EJ is a QB---by a large margin.

Sorry after no playoffs since 1999 skepticism is well deserved. If by the end of the year EJ has games where he puts the ball in tight windows and essentially helps Buffalo win a game they have no business winning than I'll say he really is better.