To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ still a work in progress, but the team around him is good enough for him to take his time developing.

This I agree with. I will say that Hackett is simplifying the play book for him so that he can have command of what he's strong at. A few frustrating throws aside we can see him mature and progress weekly. He has to be an efficient game manager and let his running game help him and rely on a strong defense and good special teams. He is doing that with minimal mistakes. The bills are 2-0. One day I believe it will all click for him and he will be able to sling it around the yard. I like what I see though and believe with status quo this team is good enough for the post season. Defense was ridiculous today!

EJ progessing nicely as a pro. Isnt that what weve all wanted to see? The team also matched the energy of the crowd, and of the last week as we all hoped so, i dont know who couldnt be happy about the outcome today. This was a damn fun game to watch!

GO BILLS!

EJ is going in the right direction. The deep throw to Watkins and the throw to Chandler were beautiful. He's developing slowly, but nicely. Getting more plays down field. Taking care of the ball. So far so good. Bills don't need him to be a 300 yard passer yet and might never need him to be that if the defense plays up to its potential and special teams holds up their end.

OK....I want to be respectful of everyones opinion here but i gotta say.......

When a team is 2-0.......when the QB has an outstanding QB rating.....when you have a young developing QB who is showing great improvement over weaknesses from last year like side line throws....and accuracy on short game.....

Exactly what way is he showing that he is not getting it done? It seems to me that it is quite the opposite.

EJs playing good football and the coaches aren't giving him more than he can handle.

That said -- we're 2 games in and it's a long season. Nonetheless, I've been labeled a heretic because I'm not an EJ believer and I'll admit he's playing better than I figured he would. A lot better.

EJs playing good football and the coaches aren't giving him more than he can handle.

That said -- we're 2 games in and it's a long season. Nonetheless, I've been labeled a heretic because I'm not an EJ believer and I'll admit he's playing better than I figured he would. A lot better.

A reasonable assessment.

:thumbsup:

Fair enough.....respect to u

Anyone slamming EJ right now is more interested in EJ failing then the Bills winning because right now, 2 games in, there is no need, nor reason for it. He has played quite well. He's been careful with the ball, more often than not taking what the D gives him and not forcing whats not there. He's making good decisions...for a QB in his 12th game, that is quite impressive. He's also made some very nice throws. He has made a couple bad throws, but so has Brees, Ryan, Rodgers, Manning, Luck, etc etc. They all make bad throws, and so will EJ. But its how you respond that separates good QB's from bad QB's. EJ has responded well in games last year, even after bad games, and this year after bad throws. The kid is becoming a vocal leader and his teammates are rallying behind him. I mean what the hell else could anyone ask of a young QB who was raw coming out of college in this 12th full game?

12 games in, this kid is looking legit. He has more work to do as he continues to develop, but what we know about him is that he is committed to being great and puts the work in to get there. He has had far more solid to good games than bad games. If anything, this kid has earned the time to develop further. Why anyone would be slamming what he has done this year so far is beyond me.

I said it before, EJ could win us the SB, be named SB MVP and the same people would be calling for his head still, and they know who they are. They would rather see him fail more than the Bills win because its more about them being right than anything else. It is what it is, at least they clearly identify themselves as people who's opinions have little value and you can just skip past them in future threads.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Can't condemn anyone for a "Show Me" stance on EJ, but give credit (and blame) when and where it is due.

Exactly! There will be ups and downs, and it can be fair to criticize the downs to an extent. But IF you plan on jumping on here with a bullhorn ever time he screw's up, then you need to compliment him when he plays well.

EJ is definetly better than he gets credit for - but he also not quite good enough. It's funny, you watch him play and he has the poise, makes the right reads, and has enough moxy for tough throws so he just looks like a pro.... But then he delivers that ball and it's just a little off the mark. I think that's why we get so frustrated with him - he looks better than he is right now. His receivers are making him look better right now - and I think he will get better because he has all the right stuff (noted above) he just needs to be a little more accurate. If he hits Watkins and Woods early this game is over after a quarter

Always have been and will be a Bills supporter.

EJ is and remains a mediocrity.

With an above average QB this game today would have been a blowout in the first half.

Sure! It was good enough to win and that's good enough! And we are all happy about that!

But we aren't going to be playing non-playoff wonders like the Bears and Dolphins every week of the year, if we are going to get where we all want to go.

Here is the story of this year: how far can the Bills go while EJ remains a bottom-half-of-the-NFL-QB and nothing more than a game manager?

No doubt we can accomplish a lot with our D. But how far can we actually go?

If he plays like he did today, making it to the playoffs should be expected. If he improves? who knows, endless possibilities. If he gets worse? I don't want to know

EJ was not good period. IF you watched objectively you would have seen his play costs us greatly in the red zone. that game should have been 21-0 or at least 17-0 in the first half easy if he were worth a damn.

What concerns me the most is the homerism toward another crappy QB. The excuses keep coming just like all the failures in the past.

Good, honest, accurate post. Glad the Bills won, but the truth "is what it is."

Against a good team, the consistent red zone inepitude/settling for FGs will no doubt cost the Bills a loss (or losses).

PS - You don't have to be "a troll", or "an idiot" to have an honest opinion in here. There's no need for name calling, and I hope the mods ban the name callers for a week or so.

They barely called on EJ to do anything in the second half because they didn't need to, and when they did, they scored a touchdown.

Oh, and he drove them into FG range twice more to ice the game. The first time Carpenter missed. The second time he didn't.

Yes, they will work on red zone but jesus, they had one of the biggest wins today and Manuel was an excellent game manager. Not for a second was I concerned about his play.

EJ is definetly better than he gets credit for - but he also not quite good enough. It's funny, you watch him play and he has the poise, makes the right reads, and has enough moxy for tough throws so he just looks like a pro.... But then he delivers that ball and it's just a little off the mark. I think that's why we get so frustrated with him - he looks better than he is right now. His receivers are making him look better right now - and I think he will get better because he has all the right stuff (noted above) he just needs to be a little more accurate. If he hits Watkins and Woods early this game is over after a quarter

See I think I know what you are saying. But how can you make that judgment about a guy with 12 NFL games under his belt? At this point, he is what he does, IMO., If he was a 5-year vet, I can understand saying he is playing better than who he is. But if you think you already know how good/bad EJ is going to be, I think you are fooling yourself.