To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

Luck is well on his way but he isn't elite yet for me. Getting to play-off game and not throwing a punch of picks in it would help convince me he is over the edge.... however, Indi are my predicted shock AFC Champions, so I obviously believe he is on the precipice of showing himself to be good enough to be in that conversation.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 step drop and throw passes look like Losman, he is not accurate on those short slants, he will get those down though. It is a quick, rushed play to begin with, but somehow rushes it even more.

I am extremely happy with his play thus far this year all in all though.

I thought they looked much better this last game......especially the to the sideline bubble screens he wasnt throwing behind receivers.....they were in a position where the receiver could get a momentum going start

Luck is well on his way but he isn't elite yet for me. Getting to play-off game and not throwing a punch of picks in it would help convince me he is over the edge.... however, Indi are my predicted shock AFC Champions, so I obviously believe he is on the precipice of showing himself to be good enough to be in that conversation.

I hear you, and there certainly is room for debate, but for me the reason for Luck being elite is simple: if there was a re-draft in the NFL with all current 32 GMs, Luck would be the universal #1 pick -- over Peyton, Drew, Tom and the other QBs. While all of those guys have more rings and tangible accomplishments in the league, none would be picked over him in a re-draft.

The guy can make every throw, is perhaps (okay, very arguably) the most athletic QB in the NFL today (which no one talks about), and has a photographic memory. Hard to top those God given gifts.

The fact that this stupid thread, and mark my words its stupid, had gone on for 19 pages proves that people are more invested in being right about EJ being a bust then about being objective about his play and development.

Facts are facts...he's statistically playing well, he's helped lead us (even his own teammates credit him for changing the locker room) to 2 tough wins, and he's got a better record and better stats in his first 12 games than MANY of the top QB's in the NFL had in their first 12 games. So to say he is a bust right is literally so stupid it doesn't even dignify a response. It would also be equally dumb to declare him the absolute answer to our QB issues as of right now.

The ONLY correct stance on this is that its too early to tell, he has shown a lot of promise, he's also not yet there, and he has exceeded most expectations through the first 2 weeks of this season. Everything else is just self righteous gibberish of people trying to prove they are right on either side.

So here is the deal...everyone just stop replying to the people on the crusade. Let them post all they want about how bad he is, don't read them, and if you do read them, don't reply to them. Just rip the band aid off and quit cold turkey like you are trying to quit smoking. Its everyone arguing with blind hate that keeps it going....so just don't respond anymore...problem solved.

He's played well. The pass to watkins that was broken up by a great play by Grimes was beautiful.

The fact that this stupid thread, and mark my words its stupid, had gone on for 19 pages proves that people are more invested in being right about EJ being a bust then about being objective about his play and development.

Facts are facts...he's statistically playing well, he's helped lead us (even his own teammates credit him for changing the locker room) to 2 tough wins, and he's got a better record and better stats in his first 12 games than MANY of the top QB's in the NFL had in their first 12 games. So to say he is a bust right is literally so stupid it doesn't even dignify a response. It would also be equally dumb to declare him the absolute answer to our QB issues as of right now.

The ONLY correct stance on this is that its too early to tell, he has shown a lot of promise, he's also not yet there, and he has exceeded most expectations through the first 2 weeks of this season. Everything else is just self righteous gibberish of people trying to prove they are right on either side.

So here is the deal...everyone just stop replying to the people on the crusade. Let them post all they want about how bad he is, don't read them, and if you do read them, don't reply to them. Just rip the band aid off and quit cold turkey like you are trying to quit smoking. Its everyone arguing with blind hate that keeps it going....so just don't respond anymore...problem solved.

This

Geno does throw a better ball ... if you play on defense. :nana:

Luck is already, or will be by year's end, on that list of elite. The kid is on his way to being the best QB in the league for many, many, years to come.

Agree that he'll get there, but not yet.

He's very good, but statistically his rookie year was no better than EJ's, and he's not among the elite in any category offensively.

He absolutely will be there though, and probably soon.

/thread

#1- a thread that talks about the single most important position on the team is far from stupid.

#2- I don't remember anyone calling EJ a bust....I certainly have not.

#3- the debate seems to center on whether EJ will ever be better than mediocre and even rise to Franchise QB level.

#4- some folks would be satisfied if he would just be a game manager and not mess up, while others would like to see him go out and win a game with his own individual outstanding play.

#5- most folks acknowledge he hasn't had a long enough body of work , while others (myself included) have seen enough to wonder if his upside comes through.

#6- isn't part of the fun being a fan, playing Monday morning GM, critique the players and match your talent evaluating skills vs the so called experts. god forbid you call someone just average.

#7- 90% of the fans calling EJ mediocre would love nothing more than to watch EJ become a pro bowl player.

So we don't have to reply to John from Hemet anymore?! LOL

I kid...

Time to get on the bandwagon? Go Bills..

He's got a ways to go before i get on the wagon . He amy be up 2 games but i'm not like the Bills front office that gave Fitz his contract after just 5 games .

It takes a lot more than 2 to jump on the wagon but i hope he does prove me & all the other bashers wrong !!

Go Bills !!!

#1- a thread that talks about the single most important position on the team is far from stupid.

#2- I don't remember anyone calling EJ a bust....I certainly have not.

#3- the debate seems to center on whether EJ will ever be better than mediocre and even rise to Franchise QB level.

#4- some folks would be satisfied if he would just be a game manager and not mess up, while others would like to see him go out and win a game with his own individual outstanding play.

#5- most folks acknowledge he hasn't had a long enough body of work , while others (myself included) have seen enough to wonder if his upside comes through.

#6- isn't part of the fun being a fan, playing Monday morning GM, critique the players and match your talent evaluating skills vs the so called experts. god forbid you call someone just average.

#7- 90% of the fans calling EJ mediocre would love nothing more than to watch EJ become a pro bowl player.

EXCELLENT reply to ADawg's inane plea for everyone else (except him, of course) to just shut about when it comes to discussing the most important position on the team.

You think he has no flaws? Now there's some real hyperbole.

I do see flaws. I acknowledge them all the time if you've ever read a word I've posted. But people who hate EJ want to find the flaws in everything.

I see a guy who is growing into the role - not playing perfectly - but playing well enough to win and helping his football team. If I'm right, the Bills could be on the eve of something special. If you're right, well, you get to be right, and isn't that special.

EXCELLENT reply to ADawg's inane plea for everyone else (except him, of course) to just shut about when it comes to discussing the most important position on the team.

See there is the problem...they are not discussing him. They are ranting over and over again about how bad he is with total refusal to even acknowledge his solid play. They rant as if every game has been terrible when he's only had 2 really bad games and far more sid to good games. It isn't about discussing him, it's about proving a kid with 12 full games at single most difficult position to play in all of team sports is a bust or never going to be good enough. Wake me up when those people actaully have a real conversation that isn't based on a biased agenda to make this kid a failure when he's actually had a promising start.

I do see flaws. I acknowledge them all the time if you've ever read a word I've posted. But people who hate EJ want to find the flaws in everything.

I see a guy who is growing into the role - not playing perfectly - but playing well enough to win and helping his football team. If I'm right, the Bills could be on the eve of something special. If you're right, well, you get to be right, and isn't that special.

you're right..

Asking the folks that are consistent in their criticism of EJ regardless of a game's outcome (and they're out there) if they're changing their tune at all is (IMO) in no way equivalent to continuing to say that a guy isn't playing well when he obviously is out of some desire to possibly be right down the road.

I just don't see why folks have to be so invested in being right or wrong about a player.

Personally, I have felt since day 1 that EJ would eventually be a quality starter in this league. Does that make me right? Who knows at this point? Based on last year, the answer would be no. Based on the first 2 games of this year, the answer would be closer to yes.

That doesn't mean I have to wear blinders when he doesn't play well simply so that I can be right later on if/when he does...I can just watch his play, be objective, and care more about the team winning.

I'm not saying that you specifically do what John is saying, but I can say that some folks do.

Ok, so I guess you're talking about this post? Personally, I'm not "so invested about being right or wrong about a player." The latter would be the angry name callers who apparently can't stand it when someone else has a differing opinion than their own, then they let the insults and denigration fly.

Me personally, I'm just here to waste time, have a little fun, and give a solid, well-founded opinions based on 40+ years of watching NFL football....and it ain't rocket science out there! LOL Also factoring in to my opinion about EJ is the many times I saw him play while he was at FSU. You know, there's a reason why most NFL draft experts did not have EJ going in the first round.

Ok, so I guess you're talking about this post? Personally, I'm not "so invested about being right or wrong about a player." The latter would be the angry name callers who apparently can't stand it when someone else has a differing opinion than their own, then they let the insults and denigration fly.

Me personally, I'm just here to waste time, have a little fun, and give a solid, well-founded opinions based on 40+ years of watching NFL football....and it ain't rocket science out there! LOL Also factoring in to my opinion about EJ is the many times I saw him play while he was at FSU. You know, there's a reason why most NFL draft experts did not have EJ going in the first round.

Irrespective of what he did in college, it is what he is beginning to do in the pros that is at question here. If you let your memories of him in college influence your analysis of his play now, you simply aren't doing it properly. Some guys regress when the hit the pros. Others continue to develop. That's why some undrafted free agents become solid pro players. How could EVERY team be wrong? Sometimes they just are, that's why.

Put what you previously thought about EJ behind you. That's really history that has no meaning in the NFL. Forget you din't agree with where the Bills drafted him. It means about nothing in the final analysis. Evaluate him on his own merits without the baggage or, quite frankly, the bulls#it.

Irrespective of what he did in college, it is what he is beginning to do in the pros that is at question here. If you let your memories of him in college influence your analysis of his play now, you simply aren't doing it properly. Some guys regress when the hit the pros. Others continue to develop. That's why some undrafted free agents become solid pro players. How could EVERY team be wrong? Sometimes they just are, that's why.

Put what you previously thought about EJ behind you. That's really history that has no meaning in the NFL. Forget you din't agree with where the Bills drafted him. It means about nothing in the final analysis. Evaluate him on his own merits without the baggage or, quite frankly, the bulls#it.

That's good advice.. nothing blinds a fair perspective like a pre-conceived notion