To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, during the off-season(prior to pre-season).....or perhaps it was before last season even finished, you persistently and emphatically stated that EJ would NEVER be a top 20 QB.

I capitalised the word "never" because that is how you regularly wrote it.

"EJ will NEVER be a top 20 QB!" ....as if you wanted to shout the word "never" at all of those saying that it was too early to draw conclusions.

You posted the same thing so often that....guess what? It stuck in my craw......hence me bringing it back up now.

It seems you are already backpedalling from your premature, forcefully dogmatic insulting crusade. Hopefully EJ continues to improve each week so you have to backpedal even faster.

just to set the record straight.......I have repeatedly stated that EJ will NEVER be a FRANCHISE QB (Top 10).

and that his "upside" will be just inside Top 20.

I'm not backpedaling.

I didn't attack you personally at all. I attacked your history of posting, which, is has been clueless and one-note since you started. Those aren't attacks, those are facts......

If I(or everyone?) stated the "facts" about other's posting, I would be very quickly banned. if somebody is really getting under your skin with the opinions that they post, best to just put them on ignore rather than get worked up about it and potentially getting a ban.

EJ Manuel is being bashed simply for not being perfect? For leaving a couple scores on the field on passes he'd like to have back? Really? What's gonna happen when he REALLY has a poor game?

For now, regardless of his lack of perfection, which is really a mindless standard to hold anyone to, we should all be encouraged by his improvement in the simple art of decision making. He's not forcing things which suggests he's letting the game come to him in a way we only saw glimpses of as a rookie. This is the most critical aspect of his development and it's a shame so many either can't see it or are so married to their hasty assessment that it's just impossible to appreciate.

GO BILLS!!!

If I(or everyone?) stated the "facts" about other's posting, I would be very quickly banned. if somebody is really getting under your skin with the opinions that they post, best to just put them on ignore rather than get worked up about it and potentially getting a ban.

Jax isn't under my skin. His record on here speaks for itself. But saying that EJ played no role in getting the team to 2-0, which is the comment I picked on, is just flat out incorrect. Put into context of the rest of Jax's posting history here it becomes clear very quickly he's a troll here for one reason only -- and it ain't to talk about football.

at MarkAF 43: I don't hate EJ, and I hope he turns into an All Pro quarterback. But right now IMO he's a below average QB, notwithstanding what his official stats are.

That Alice in Wonderland Bunny Rabbit Hole is getting deeper and deeper for you eh?.......lol

For me!? Lol....not at all, not even close. You must be thinking of Greggy, the insulter.

at MarkAF 43: I don't hate EJ, and I hope he turns into an All Pro quarterback. But right now IMO he's a below average QB, notwithstanding what his official stats are.

Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco and Eli Manning just called to let you know that they were not considered All Pro QBs when they won their recent Superbowls and that it was actually more important to for them to win a Superbowl for their team than for them to become an All Pro QB.

So the hope is that EJ Manuel will be good enough to win a Superbowl for the Bills, not become an All Pro. Got it?

EJ Manuel is being bashed simply for not being perfect? For leaving a couple scores on the field on passes he'd like to have back? Really? What's gonna happen when he REALLY has a poor game?

For now, regardless of his lack of perfection, which is really a mindless standard to hold anyone to, we should all be encouraged by his improvement in the simple art of decision making. He's not forcing things which suggests he's letting the game come to him in a way we only saw glimpses of as a rookie. This is the most critical aspect of his development and it's a shame so many either can't see it or are so married to their hasty assessment that it's just impossible to appreciate.

GO BILLS!!!

And that K9 is the entire point......the displeasure that looks really foolish right now is being put on the record so that when EJ lays an egg this group will be out here starting 30 threads about how bad EJ Manuel is and how they told us all so. By trying to plant the seed in games where EJ was actually decent they are laying groundwork for later on.....

Its transparent....and it sucks

just to set the record straight.......I have repeatedly stated that EJ will NEVER be a FRANCHISE QB (Top 10).

and that his "upside" will be just inside Top 20.

I'm not backpedaling.

By what means will you determine his ranking? Your own opinion or is there some quantifiable means? QBR?

After you've determined the method what will you do if he's the 11th or 12 ranked QB? Will that be considered a failure?

Just curious. You keep preaching this line so I'm assuming you've put a lot of thought into the entire process by which you'll do this.

I guess I'm just wondering what exactly it is that EJ has done this year to show you he's below average?

I'm genuinely curious, because I tend to watch QBs fairly critically, and to me, he's been fine. That's the word I use: "fine". Not great, not very good; "fine", as in "good enough to win the game by making some big throws when he needs to and limiting mistakes".

I believe that if you're going to say he's below average, it's prudent to supply supporting rationale. Would you mind providing it, since I am too lazy to go through 16 pages in search of it?

And that K9 is the entire point......the displeasure that looks really foolish right now is being put on the record so that when EJ lays an egg this group will be out here starting 30 threads about how bad EJ Manuel is and how they told us all so. By trying to plant the seed in games where EJ was actually decent they are laying groundwork for later on.....

Its transparent....and it sucks

Well John, what can we say other than these people don't have a clue as to how the game is played? EJ Manuel, like all QBs past and present, HOFers to scrubs, will lay some eggs out there. It's going to happen. Book it. My advice is just to avoid the idiocy that is sure to appear after those kind of games.

Anyone with an actual understanding knows that the difference between being good or not, is the ability of a player to bounce back. So far, EJ has shown an improved ability to do just that. Yes, our red zone O needs polishing, but we are moving the ball, he's making more good decisions than bad, and his team is responding. We are witnessing the very early stages of a team coming together and I look forward to seeing how they handle the adversity that is sure to come. We'll know they arrived when they aren't hindered by it; on a play by play, series to series, and game to game basis.

GO BILLS!!!

I guess I'm just wondering what exactly it is that EJ has done this year to show you he's below average?

I'm genuinely curious, because I tend to watch QBs fairly critically, and to me, he's been fine. That's the word I use: "fine". Not great, not very good; "fine", as in "good enough to win the game by making some big throws when he needs to and limiting mistakes".

I believe that if you're going to say he's below average, it's prudent to supply supporting rationale. Would you mind providing it, since I am too lazy to go through 16 pages in search of it?

Exactly.

But don't hold your breath.