To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

The question is would you trade EJ for a RG 3 when healthy?

NO

RG 3 and out. he's a BUST

once more

at a minimum there are 6 (maybe 7) undefeated teams after week 2 *

Buffalo, Cincinnati, Houston, Denver, Carolina, Arizona, *

* Add Philly to the list if they win against Indy

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RG3's injury yesterday was so freak... you can see that the ankle dislocates on his final step, and he threw purposefully with it in the air because he couldn't step on it anymore... and completed that throw.

He has a boat load of talent, but his legs are not playing nice.

@JasonLaCanfora: Beware the Browns and perhaps the Bills. My Monday Observations: http://t.co/t17WgUG686

In their victories against Chicago and Miami, the Bills have given young quarterback EJ Manuel, who had a rough camp and preseason, ample room to operate. Manuel's decision making has been sharp, his accuracy has been much improved.

I see a QB with 12 starts with a ceiling higher than that if he continues to progress.

I see a QB who threw 7 passes all game that traveled in the air more than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. he completed 3 (one was when Sammy was wide open, another was the reversed call with chandler). I see more poorly thrown balls than balls right on the money. he's been lucky he hasn't been intercepted more.

i'd say the coaches are protecting him from himself by limiting the more difficult deep throws.

having said that, he has played slightly better than mediocre in the first 2 games, which is a very positive sign.

Edited by papazoid

He played well enough to win today, which I think is a major step forward for this team.

But, I'm a little concerned that the offense couldn't score touchdowns in the red zone today. You can't kick 5 short-range field goals (and miss another) against a good team and expect to win.

I'm not that concerned. The Bills still managed to score almost 30 points.

CBF

I see a QB who threw 7 passes all game that traveled in the air more than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. he completed 3 (one was when Sammy was wide open, another was the reversed call with chandler). I see more poorly thrown balls than balls right on the money. he's been lucky he hasn't been intercepted more.

i'd say the coaches are protecting him from himself by limiting the more difficult deep throws.

having said that, he has played slightly better than mediocre in the first 2 games, which is a very positive sign.

BY PASS PLAY                CMP    ATT    YDS    CMP%    AVG    LNG    TD    INT    SACK    RAT    ATT    YDS    AVG    LNG    TD
Pass Thrown Behind Line of Scrimmage    8     9     37     88.9     4.11     9     1     0     0     120.8     0     0     0.0     0     0
Pass Thrown 1-10 yds            3     4     18     75.0     4.50     12     0     0     0     83.3     0     0     0.0     0     0
Pass Thrown 11-20 yds            5     8     118     62.5     14.75     32     0     1     0     66.7     0     0     0.0     0     0
Pass Thrown 41+ yds            0     1     0     0.0     0.00     0     0     0     0     39.6     0     0     0.0     0     0

Edit: Looks like ESPN needs to update the splits, doesn't include yesterday's game it appears, for these stats.

Edited by Dorkington

i'd call that

What you're seeing fits your preconceived narrative. You are relentless once you become convinced of something and evidence (visual or otherwise) be damned. Most of EJ's passes yesterday were fine with regard to ball placement with a handful being off target along with some throwaways. EJ has played winning football within the confines of the Marrone/Hackett formula.

I have to admit, he was throwing some awful nice balls all day. That one in the 1st quarter to Sammy dropped right between his hands - thrown perfectly.

No it did not, Sammy had it locked and Grimes made an all pro play to strip it. Pay closer attention to the details please.

EJ badly missing both Woods and Sammy on easy in-route throws (Woods on 3rd down) and Sammy (a sure TD) were really bad. But EJ will get there. Footwork still an issue on the quick quick throws. He will get there.

Edited by 8and8Forever

Interesting stat I heard this morning. The Bills ran 14 Red zone plays, 10 of which were runs that gained a total of 12 yards. EJ and Sammy missed on that pass (not sure who read the safety wrong, but they weren't on the same page), EJ missed on the pass to Woods, I believe he threw one away as well, which would leave one other RZ pass (which I don't recall). So while everyone is so quick to slam EJ, I would lean more towards the RZ issues as playcalling, not the play of your QB.

I would lean towards they don't feel Manuel is ready to dominate in the red zone. The offensive coach knows better than we do as to strategy in the red zone.

Edited by Kemp

What you're seeing fits your preconceived narrative. You are relentless once you become convinced of something and evidence (visual or otherwise) be damned. Most of EJ's passes yesterday were fine with regard to ball placement with a handful being off target along with some throwaways. EJ has played winning football within the confines of the Marrone/Hackett formula.

the Bills are playing winning football because of exceptional defense and special teams.

the offense is playing mediocre as mostly evidenced by their play in the redzone.

EJ is still the weakest link on this team. time will tell.

the Bills are playing winning football because of exceptional defense and special teams.

the offense is playing mediocre as mostly evidenced by their play in the redzone.

The Bills' run game averaged 3.4 yards per rush yesterday. They relied on the passing game much more yesterday and the supposed "weak link" did more than his part by making good throws most of the time.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014091400/2014/REG2/dolphins@bills#tab=analyze&menu=gamepass&analyze=playbyplay

The question is would you trade EJ for a RG 3 when healthy?

I will get back to you if RGIII ever becomes healthy.

How many teams have a better combo of WRs and RBs? It ain't many.

Edited by Kemp

The Bills' run game averaged 3.4 yards per rush yesterday. They relied on the passing game much more yesterday and the supposed "weak link" did more than his part by making good throws most of the time.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014091400/2014/REG2/dolphins@bills#tab=analyze&menu=gamepass&analyze=playbyplay

Eat your crow papa. Quit ordering more

Your preseason takes on EJ are no longer valid.

He's accounted for 3TDs and only 1 turnover through two games. He's made good decisions and plays on 3rd down. With the game on the line, he threw a ball up the seam to Mike Williams against the Bears. The guy is playing winning football and doing everything he's asked to do so far.

Overall he has started 12 games in his career and won 6 of them. Let's see what the kid has this week against the Chargers before we get too excited but no one can deny he is improving.

Some folks just refuse to be wrong.

Some people jump on bandwagons after one or two games.

Everyone who posts here wants the Bills to win. Some of us can want this but still see flaws in their most important player.

http://www.nfl.com/g...lyze=playbyplay

Take out CJ's big run, and we're left with a run game that really stalled out yesterday. Miami's front seven played the run very well yesterday, all credit given.