To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

I guess I'm just wondering what exactly it is that EJ has done this year to show you he's below average?

I'm genuinely curious, because I tend to watch QBs fairly critically, and to me, he's been fine. That's the word I use: "fine". Not great, not very good; "fine", as in "good enough to win the game by making some big throws when he needs to and limiting mistakes".

I believe that if you're going to say he's below average, it's prudent to supply supporting rationale. Would you mind providing it, since I am too lazy to go through 16 pages in search of it?

I've seen several "franchise" QB's schitt the bed this season so I'm really wondering if what some people expect from EJ is realistic. 400yds a game, no incompletions, 5 TDs? The reason EJ isn't slinging the ball is because he doesn't have to. He's playing with a lead. You don't make high risk plays when you are winning.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to set the record straight.......I have repeatedly stated that EJ will NEVER be a FRANCHISE QB (Top 10).

and that his "upside" will be just inside Top 20.

I'm not backpedaling.

Unfortunately the search function only seems to go back to May(in TSW archives)......so it seems I have no way to back up what I wrote. Oh well, can't win em all.

By what means will you determine his ranking? Your own opinion or is there some quantifiable means? QBR?

After you've determined the method what will you do if he's the 11th or 12 ranked QB? Will that be considered a failure?

Just curious. You keep preaching this line so I'm assuming you've put a lot of thought into the entire process by which you'll do this.

there are two easily checked ratings for QB's. "passer rating" and "total QBR". last year EJ was NOT in the top 25 for either. id say the average of the two would suffice for a fair rating.

Top 10 = Franchise QB

Top 11-15 = above average, probably gets you into playoffs.

Top 16- 20 = good, give more time if has upside.

over 20 = not good enough, keep looking.

EJ is not even close to being considered a failure. unfortunately for bills fans , he is being rushed into action because of past management neglect of the QB position.

trading down to pick up EJ & kiko was a good deal. I would do it again.

I just see EJ as barely top 20 talent. hope he proves me wrong.

there are two easily checked ratings for QB's. "passer rating" and "total QBR". last year EJ was NOT in the top 25 for either. id say the average of the two would suffice for a fair rating.

Top 10 = Franchise QB

EJ is not even close to being considered a failure. unfortunately for bills fans , he is being rushed into action because of past management neglect of the QB position.

As I said before, most folks consider YPA to be the most defining statistic for QBs.

Top 10 = Franchise QB

This is interesting. Who do you consider to be the top 10 QBs in the league right now?

@NickelCityBills

Week 2 wCP through Sunday night's game. Manuel in middle of pack but in good company

BxlR1-gIgAAFKGo.png

I wonder if the Packers are saying that Aaron Rodgers sucks? Or Falcons and Matt Ryan? Niners, Lions, etc...?

I've seen several "franchise" QB's schitt the bed this season so I'm really wondering if what some people expect from EJ is realistic. 400yds a game, no incompletions, 5 TDs? The reason EJ isn't slinging the ball is because he doesn't have to. He's playing with a lead. You don't make high risk plays when you are winning.

Some interesting stats I cam across:

Bills have scored more points than any other team in the division

Bills have given up less points than any other team in the division

They have scored the 5th most points in the league

Can we please not continue to pretend that the offense has done nothing this year?