To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

For Rodak that isn't a bad article and it's hard to argue the Bills need to improve their red zone production (though they are getting points once they are there). But it is "analysis light" (which is about the best you can expect from this hack) as he dumps all the red zone trips into a single basked and treats them as if they were equal. They were not.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look...we dont discuss this in a vacuum.....

- In order to get one of THOSE QB's what does our team have to give up? We need to live in the now where it is hard to get QB like that....they just dont come along that often

- Those QB's are established with now game experience then EJ

- What you hope for is a good QB (which EJ is proving to be) that can be a great QB with playing time....STILL DOESNT HAVE A FULL SEASON

That's not what I'm saying. You can't talk about the QB position without throwing in points defending EJ.

EJ must have been terrible during that 12 win 2 loss Seminoles final season.

He was awful winning those four bowl games, one of only two QBs ever. He never threw accurately. Ever. It's amazing that he was the second all time in ACC completion percentage. And MVP of the Senior Bowl playing with and against his peers. Whoever thought this guy had a chance?

We need to see how EJ plays when we are depending on the passing game to get us back in a game or to keep us in a game. Overall, the team played very well today, which lessened the load on EJ. I get it that he he has not played many games yet, but I see a QB that can improve on his passing accuracy.

See the Carolina game last year. He had to throw in the final two minutes. Bills won. Or the Atlanta game. He threw the Bills into game winning territory twice and untimely fumbles out of his control cost the Bills the game. I think EJ has displayed that ability. He needs to put everything together at one time, but he's going in the right direction. Patience.

The guy can make every throw, is perhaps (okay, very arguably) the most athletic QB in the NFL today (which no one talks about), and has a photographic memory. Hard to top those God given gifts.

Can he divide by zero? Huh? Because I can divide by zero.

He was awful winning those four bowl games, one of only two QBs ever. He never threw accurately. Ever. It's amazing that he was the second all time in ACC completion percentage. And MVP of the Senior Bowl playing with and against his peers. Whoever thought this guy had a chance?

BUM!

OK, seriously? You're using the same argument that Tebow backers use to say that HE would someday be a great pro QB because he had great numbers in college. How did that turn out?

OK, seriously? You're using the same argument that Tebow backers use to say that HE would someday be a great pro QB because he had great numbers in college. How did that turn out?

I believe the point was basing your current assessment of EJ, to any extent, on how he played in college is a flawed analysis. But since that is what YOU introduced that line of reasoning to this thread, isn't it fair game to discuss how well he actually played?

Apples to Orangutans. There are hundreds of great college quarterbacks that it was glaringly obvious they could not succeed in the NFL because of physical deficiencies or liabilities in their bodies or play. Tebow had them. EJ doesn't.

And besides, you were the one that brought up his college career, as evidence of his sucktitude, not me. :wallbash:

Irrespective of what he did in college, it is what he is beginning to do in the pros that is at question here. If you let your memories of him in college influence your analysis of his play now, you simply aren't doing it properly. Some guys regress when the hit the pros. Others continue to develop. That's why some undrafted free agents become solid pro players. How could EVERY team be wrong? Sometimes they just are, that's why.

Put what you previously thought about EJ behind you. That's really history that has no meaning in the NFL. Forget you din't agree with where the Bills drafted him. It means about nothing in the final analysis. Evaluate him on his own merits without the baggage or, quite frankly, the bulls#it.

Nail on the head. Good post.

Chances that Jax takes this advice to heart? Vegas has it at 0%

Right on cue.

And way to unravel your own argument, Jax.

See there is the problem...they are not discussing him. They are ranting over and over again about how bad he is with total refusal to even acknowledge his solid play. They rant as if every game has been terrible when he's only had 2 really bad games and far more sid to good games. It isn't about discussing him, it's about proving a kid with 12 full games at single most difficult position to play in all of team sports is a bust or never going to be good enough. Wake me up when those people actaully have a real conversation that isn't based on a biased agenda to make this kid a failure when he's actually had a promising start.

I think a lot of of fans are caught up in arguing against the inane postings of John from Hement and are being mislabeled as EJ haters. Those of us that point out that EJ floats the ball, Locks into one receiver, is skittish in the pocket, rather protect his QB rating with a 2 yd pass on 3rd and 9 intead of taking a chance are instantly tagged as trolls. I would like make that love nothing better than EJ becoming a franchise QB. To read his postings EJ never throws a bad pass, WR run bad routes and should catch everything regardless of how off target it is. It is always someone elses fault. He is constantly bashing other players yet those that find fault with EJ are trolls? He is obviously a member of EJ's social media team and the fact that the mods let that go on here is disappointing.

Those of us that point out that EJ floats the ball, Locks into one receiver, is skittish in the pocket, rather protect his QB rating with a 2 yd pass on 3rd and 9 intead of taking a chance are instantly tagged as trolls.

Were 2-0. Keep trolling. Not sure why the anti EJ crowd keeps bashing jfh based on his positive outlook. Andrew luck threw it 9 yards instead of 2 on 3rd and 9. Guess what happened? Interception followed by a loss.

You aren't jaws or mayock bro. Thanks for the EJ scouting report. Let's work on that skittishness in the pocket.

The only thing getting spanked tonight is in your hand. And YOU just got PWND.

Are you twelve? Are the your momma jokes coming next?

The reason people are all over you is because you're not trying to provide factual info. You're trying to pass off your opinion as fact and that's wrong. The fact is, the Bills are 2-0 and the QB has been a help, not a hinderance. But in your world of being miserable and wanting to set yourself up to prove you're right and EJ is bad, you're making yourself look like an unintelligent poster with zero football knowledge.

rather protect his QB rating with a 2 yd pass on 3rd and 9 intead of taking a chance.

That is not to protect his QB rating. Listen to Marrone every Sunday after the game and every Monday presser, first thing he talks about is turnover differential. EJ is hearing all week, every week - "the way you hurt this team is by turning the ball over". Taking those dump offs when the pressure comes on 3rd and 9 rather than taking the risky throw down the field is what he is being coached to do. It isn't to protect his QB rating it is the protect the team's W-L record, and so far in the 11 games that EJ has started and finished the Bills are 6-5 and 2-0 so far this season. Not bad going.

Oh and we are tied for 1st through 2 weeks in offensive plays of 20 yards plus.... (I know the run game has contributed to that) so it sounds like being safe on 3rd down isn't costing us too much to me.