WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ByTimGraham: Buffalo News reporting Marcell Dareus charged w/3 misdemeanors & 4 traffic violations for drag racing and property damage in Hamburg last wk

@ByTimGraham: Marcell Dareus accused of leaving the scene of a property-damage accident, among other things.

I wish he were this disruptive on the field

I know its not a popular opinion but IDGAF and I think he can play fine smoking pot and street racing.

Not if goodell sits him down.

I have never been someone who thinks you need a team of choir boys but this roster has numerous unreliable characters with no real leadership in place with winning experience

Dareus getting hit with a distribution charge has about as much a chance of happening as the cop getting suspended. Not sure why you'd bring that up unless you want to see it happen.

Was he tagged for a drug that the NFL tests for and bans, or spice? Unless it was spice, not germane to the present subject.

If he is holding 28 gms, it's automatic distribution charge. Don't pin this on me. Cops aren't suspended for righteous collars in this country doc.

Also, this has been metioned many times already--it doens't matter if the NFL doesn't test for it. The collective bargaining allows for suspension for any conviction involving illegal drugs. "Spice" is quite illegal to possess in Alabama, which Dareus knew before he was caught. He's just too stupid to not suspend.

Where are all the cheerleaders who said we had to get this guy because "you build up the trenches?". "Don't "waste picks" on secondary or wideout." Well we passed on Patrick Peterson who may be the best db in the league, and aj Greene one of the top wr's. #3 overall on dareus my arse, what a waste

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

has little to no bearing on his ability to play football unless you want to cut him based on some moral position in which case you're delusional, the only difference between dareus and most other young NFL stars is hes dumb enough to get caught. cutting him DOES NOT make our football team better even from a locker room perspective, in my opinion the team would do well with a veteran presence, somebody like ed reed...

Edited by GripnRip

has little to no bearing on his ability to play football unless you want to cut him based on some moral position in which case you're delusional, the only difference between dareus and most other young NFL stars is hes dumb enough to get caught. cutting him DOES NOT make our football team better even from a locker room perspective, in my opinion the team would do well with a veteran presence, somebody like ed reed...

Ed Reed can't run anymore

The point is: if he keeps acting up,getting suspended,he is of no use to the team and lets the owners,fans other players down. He is talented and if he is not available to play,the team suffers. He is not as dependable as he should be for a team game.If the Bills were to cut him, I hope there is enough cap savings to sign his replacement.

I don't think its a moral position so much as worrying about a key player being benched by the Commish.

Not if goodell sits him down.

I have never been someone who thinks you need a team of choir boys but this roster has numerous unreliable characters with no real leadership in place with winning experience

This team is a mixed bag as far as character goes, though I think there is more good character guys than bad. Fred, Kyle, wood, spiller, EJ, and others have strong good character. They don't have that winning nfl experience obviously. But good character leaders.

There is def a character concern in a lot of the younger players though. I was worried about Alonso, but he seemed to have handled him self quite well his first year. A lot of the young players with character concerns haven't done anything bad since being drafted, darius being the exception

The Mike Williams thing is the one that concerns me. I can't seem him as a bill more than a year. This is someone that is 10 times more stupid than darius

This team is a mixed bag as far as character goes, though I think there is more good character guys than bad. Fred, Kyle, wood, spiller, EJ, and others have strong good character. They don't have that winning nfl experience obviously. But good character leaders.

There is def a character concern in a lot of the younger players though. I was worried about Alonso, but he seemed to have handled him self quite well his first year. A lot of the young players with character concerns haven't done anything bad since being drafted, darius being the exception

The Mike Williams thing is the one that concerns me. I can't seem him as a bill more than a year. This is someone that is 10 times more stupid than darius

There may be some good character guys like you cite. I'm concerned that there is pretty much no winning experience on the team. It is easier for guys to lead that have won before, even in a different place. The only guys I can think of that have won anything are spikes and graham and they are newbies.

The point is: if he keeps acting up,getting suspended,he is of no use to the team and lets the owners,fans other players down. He is talented and if he is not available to play,the team suffers. He is not as dependable as he should be for a team game.If the Bills were to cut him, I hope there is enough cap savings to sign his replacement.

He hasn't been suspended yet in his career.

Except when he's suspended and they're paying millions.

At what point do we stop making f-ing excuses for this guy.

Life is about choices, he needs to choose to be a grown up and to play football. If not, he's not helping our team to succeed.

He's becoming our next Marshawn Lynch all over again.

Two points. Number one, if someone else released a Marcell Dareus for what he's done this offseason, 99% of this board would be clamoring for us to sign him. We just signed a guy who has done a lot worse than possession of weed and a drag race and all anyone on this board is talking about is his highlight video. Do you really want the Patriots to sign Dareus and have him grow up and then have to face him twice a year? And more importantly, do you also think we should've released Bruce Smith after he got suspended four games for coke possession?

I read on TheScore that with the charges he's facing, he could be looking at a year in jail. I don't know how a guy who can pretty much get anything he wants keeps screwing up his life over and over.

Well, I was starting to miss the wacky hijinx of Beast Mode, so this is perfect timing.

Where are all the cheerleaders who said we had to get this guy because "you build up the trenches?". "Don't "waste picks" on secondary or wideout." Well we passed on Patrick Peterson who may be the best db in the league, and aj Greene one of the top wr's. #3 overall on dareus my arse, what a waste

I'm not sure this thread has much to do with positional value or secondary vs the trenches- but if by luck it makes you feel validated, I suppose run with it.

This. +1

Two points. Number one, if someone else released a Marcell Dareus for what he's done this offseason, 99% of this board would be clamoring for us to sign him. We just signed a guy who has done a lot worse than possession of weed and a drag race and all anyone on this board is talking about is his highlight video. Do you really want the Patriots to sign Dareus and have him grow up and then have to face him twice a year? And more importantly, do you also think we should've released Bruce Smith after he got suspended four games for coke possession?

His offenses aren't terrible but like I've said, his public response has been really disheartening. Atleast show the awareness in the media that it's wrong even if you struggle with decision making in the heat of the moment come midnight. That at noon he doesn't think it's an issue means its unlikely to change anytime soon.

You obviously keep him but I'm not sure what expectations to have going forward. As long as "he's just having fun" we will continue to see "things just happen." Hopefully this is a little nudge towards the wake up call.

At what point do we stop making f-ing excuses for this guy.

Life is about choices, he needs to choose to be a grown up and to play football. If not, he's not helping our team to succeed.

He's becoming our next Marshawn Lynch all over again.

Sure, that bum Marshawn Lynch. Hmm, whatever became of him?

Unless you're running a Bible school, work with Dareus. He's a good football player and one of the pieces of the puzzle to build a championship team.

P.S Speaking of Seattle, I bet you'd have tried to run Richard Sherman out of town for his televised rant.

If he is holding 28 gms, it's automatic distribution charge. Don't pin this on me. Cops aren't suspended for righteous collars in this country doc.

Also, this has been metioned many times already--it doens't matter if the NFL doesn't test for it. The collective bargaining allows for suspension for any conviction involving illegal drugs. "Spice" is quite illegal to possess in Alabama, which Dareus knew before he was caught. He's just too stupid to not suspend.

After this latest incident, I agree.