Tom Brady appreciation thread

cale

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots* still haven't won it all since they were caught cheating. They probably still cheat in the regular season against lesser, low-life teams like the Bills... Probably because they are less under the microscope. Get to the playoffs and everybody is on to them!

Is a Tom Brady supporter like being an athletic supporter. Be an "athletic supporter!" Oh wait!

Cheaters never prosper, unless you have the NFL helping out. Maybe Tom and his buddy Belicheat need Marlin Perkins to help them out deciphering the word Omaha!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

So if Tom Brady sucks for losing in the playoffs all the time, what does that make Jim Kelly?

To be fair...Jim Kelly was quite good at winning in the playoffs. It was the Super Bowl that seemed to give him problems.

Weaker conference top to bottom, weak division, top notch coach, top notch QB. Not much more.

You can say that again! Bills are the dunces in this class, all the rest have figured out the Pats* in the playoffs since they won it all last!

Maybe the Bills should make the playoffs... They be the only team since the Pats* were caught cheating to NOT figure out that the Pats* like to cheat! I suppose Tom BJ rady would be happy then! LoL

To be fair...Jim Kelly was quite good at winning in the playoffs. It was the Super Bowl that seemed to give him problems.

Yep... And Tom has been to one more w/2 loses and 3 wins. The 3 wins were nailbiters. Count Norwood against Jimbo and Vinetari for Tommy Boy. Yep, he's got 2 more nailbiting wins against Jim in the Superbowl.

Brady does belong in The Hall... That is a must, no brainer.

Tom Brady is an all time great QB who beats the Bills all the time. He's also a major dick.

Bill Belichik is an all time great coach who beats the Bills all the time. He's an even bigger dick than Tom Brady is.

If either was QB/coach of the Bills we would be building statues of them downtown and Jets fans and M!@#$s would be hating on them all the time.

With that out of the way, why does anyone feel the need to come to the defense of these two when Bills fans simply like to rejoice when they fail? Why try to deny us what little bit of joy NFL football still manages to give us from time to time.

The filter gets "mass holes" apparently

Edited by BillsFanNC

Tom Brady is an all time great QB who beats the Bills all the time. He's also a major dick.

Bill Belichik is an all time great coach who beats the Bills all the time. He's an even bigger dick than Tom Brady is.

If either was QB/coach of the Bills we would be building statues of them downtown and Jets fans and M!@#$s would be hating on them all the time.

With that out of the way, why does anyone feel the need to come to the defense of these two when Bills fans simply like to rejoice when they fail? Why try to deny us what little bit of joy NFL football still manages to give us from time to time.

The filter gets "mass holes" apparently

I'm happy they lost. I don't know many Bills fans who aren't happy they lost. But when you come off saying they lost because they suck, because they aren't good, because they need to cheat to win, you sound ridiculous and you dilute the fan base into pure emotional and illogical opinions. That's why I come to their "defense." He's an all time great, you don't need to start saying he isn't because he's a division rival. It's an uneducated and downright sad opinion that ruins your credibility for analysis on anything because you're letting your emotions override the facts. Not talking about you personally, just anyone who tries to argue that Brady isn't a HoF, top QB to ever play.

Edited by FireChan

This is a truly shameful thread. I am as envious and hateful of Brady's success as any Bills fan, but he is great - perhaps the best of all time.

Also, did folks notice that without Gronk, Hernandez and many experienced WRs (heck, a receiving crew similar to what the Bills had this year), that he struggled more than usual?

In my opinion, this suggests that the quality of receivers a QB has at least affects the QB's productivity. Many here don't seem to want to acknowledge that EJ Manuel was young, inexperienced, had lots of missed practice time and had a very young (and currently) pedestrian receiving corp. Give EJ a full season and Colin Kaepernick's receiving options, OL and RB and maybe, just maybe, his stats would be better.

because they need to cheat to win

Hey it's not BillsFanNC who said they cheated to win first, that was Roger Goodell.

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell wrote in a letter to the Patriots explaining his disciplinary action.

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell wrote in a letter to the Patriots explaining his disciplinary action.

Goodell continued, "Bygones."

Friend sent me this link to a Pats forum, thought it might be of some interest.

Brady's playoff performances

I read some of the comments. Obviously a bunch of bandwagoners. Whining that their team was eliminated one game from the Super Bowl. Oh dear. A few people said they should count their blessings and enjoy the ride, but they were drowned out by all the whining. Amazing. I can only hope that the Patriots miss the playoffs sometime soon just to see what kind of reaction that gets. Edited by Gray Beard

I doubt the Pats were the first team to win who cheated, they were just the first to to win who got caught cheating.

I recall a story from back in the late 70's Raiders were playing the Steelers, Madden was still the coach, Raiders finished their practice, ready to hit the showers, Suddenly they are called back out to practice against some other formation, why because spy's had sneaked into stadium and watched Steelers practice. Reported back to Big Al, so now they were working on this. Raiders won game BTW

From what I recall Pats were first turned in by their old assistant coach (Mangini was it?) who was now with the Jets' If Pettine goes to Cleveland, I'd bet he has plenty of info he could turn Rex in for doing illegally and likely even Buffalo. But it's kind of an unwritten line that normally isn't crossed, ex-coaches don't tell secrets of old teams. But for some reason the Pat's ex-assistant crossed it. Also kind of interesting that he has not coached since I beleive??

Hey it's not BillsFanNC who said they cheated to win first, that was Roger Goodell.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

I doubt the Pats were the first team to win who cheated, they were just the first to to win who got caught cheating.

I recall a story from back in the late 70's Raiders were playing the Steelers, Madden was still the coach, Raiders finished their practice, ready to hit the showers, Suddenly they are called back out to practice against some other formation, why because spy's had sneaked into stadium and watched Steelers practice. Reported back to Big Al, so now they were working on this. Raiders won game BTW

From what I recall Pats were first turned in by their old assistant coach (Mangini was it?) who was now with the Jets' If Pettine goes to Cleveland, I'd bet he has plenty of info he could turn Rex in for doing illegally and likely even Buffalo. But it's kind of an unwritten line that normally isn't crossed, ex-coaches don't tell secrets of old teams. But for some reason the Pat's ex-assistant crossed it. Also kind of interesting that he has not coached since I beleive??

They all cheated. Jimmy Johnson even fessed up to it after mangini spilled the beans. You think al davis or bill walsh or parcells or shanahan never pulled an equivalent move? If so, there's a bridge i'd love to sell you in brooklyn. There's a reason no one in the coaching fraternity criticizes belichik.

Edited by dave mcbride

They all cheated. Jimmy Johnson even fessed up to it after mangini spilled the beans. You think al davis or bill walsh or parcells or shanahan never pulled an equivalent move? If so, there's a bridge i'd love to sell you in brooklyn. There's a reason no one in the coaching fraternity criticizes belichik.

Do you have a link for this?

One story I'm familiar with was in the 1970s the Cowboys practiced at a practice field next to a 6 or 7 story hotel. Whenever the Cowboys were playing the Redskins, they would rent out every room on the side facing the practice field for the whole week. George Allen was known to send guys there to film practice. I wonder if Marv was ever on this detail? But are we sure that was against the rules back then, or when Madden was coach? Not sure.

No one is happier to see Tom Brady shed tears than I am. But he is still one of the best NFL QBs ever. He could lose every game till he retires and he would still be one of the best. Sorry. Deal with it.

PTR

Hate to say it, but you're right. I intensely dislike him and I'm certain that the devil is now beginning to collect on his debt, but he will go down as one of the all time greats.

For those of you think NEsuccess is tainted:

Opinions of the 4 Steelers Super Bowls featuring some of the great steroids abusers of all time.

This cheating traces back to the 1960's when San Diego was the first to pound steroids and cruise to an easy victory.

For those of you think NEsuccess is tainted:

Opinions of the 4 Steelers Super Bowls featuring some of the great steroids abusers of all time.

This cheating traces back to the 1960's when San Diego was the first to pound steroids and cruise to an easy victory.

steroids abusers is far from SpyGate!

Have they won a SB since the film and all other evidence was burned?

Pure jealousy that Brady has made the Pats great for over a decade.

I'm sure Pats fans get so sad when you guys make fun of Brady.

Pats* fans are obnoxious #@!holes that I don't give two #!@#! about. They cheated to do what they did, flat out. I would never be jealous of a cheater.

steroids abusers is far from SpyGate!

Have they won a SB since the film and all other evidence was burned?

Nope. They've only played in 2 Super Bowls, 4 conference championships and had an undefeated season. What a pathetic franchise. It's funny how people act like winning the Super Bowl is hard or something.

Incorrect. Even after ratting out Ol' Billy B Absentee (from the Super Bowl), Mangini still got the starting HC position in Cleveland and still works in the NFL as an offensive coordinatoor/QBs coach for the 49ers. He's no longer an HC because he's simply not good at it. Two stints showed that to be the case.

Goes to show you that if their was an "unwritten rule" that you don't speak about cheating, no one cared that he broke it against Belichek.

Nope. They've only played in 2 Super Bowls, 4 conference championships and had an undefeated season. What a pathetic franchise. It's funny how people act like winning the Super Bowl is hard or something.

Again,

I believe some may have misunderstood me. let me reiterate - They have done a unbelievable job year after year with practically nothing and succeeded (by tromping on the AFCE bottom feeders). The 6 easy wins from the division has helped them too. YET in the last 8 to 9 years they fell short.

Have they won a SB since SpyGate? In the last 8 to 9 years they fallen short because they don't have to complete team.

Curious

Do you put the Steelers in the same category as they have been (sometimes) deep in the playoffs for most of the last decade?

How about the Raves? The Saints?, Packers?.

It always turns my stomach when Bills fans come out of the woodwork to take a mouthful of Tom Brady. It's like the cuckold who is dead set on making sure everyone recognize the truth and reality that the guy his wife's !@#$ing is superior to himself in so many ways.

Someone had a bad personal experience.