Lewis to start / Manuel out

26CornerBlitz

@ChrisBrownBills

Doug Marrone said EJ Manuel sprained his knee in Sunday's game, but obviously finished and said he should be fine for Sunday's game. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

EJ Manuel participated on a limited basis. There is swelling on the knee and it hasn't responded well with treatment. He's out on Sunday

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big deal. Probably tweaked the knee from the previous injury. Sprains can nag all year, as they are rarely given enough time to actually heal. There aren't enough weeks in the season. Just enough to dull the pain and get back out there. Not a major thing IMO.

If he gonna get hurt every time he runs during these games I think he should learn how to stay in the pocket and throw the rock and stop getting hurt all the damn time. :wallbash:

I think he just needs a whole offseason for his knee to heal properly. You never are going to be 100% once the season starts.

Everybody is banged up this time of year....its no big deal

Surprised Marrone mentioned it at all if that's the case.

From Bills Daily:

Manuel Has Sprained Knee: Doug Marrone said on Monday that EJ Manuel suffered a minor left knee sprain in the win over Jacksonville on Sunday. He was able to finish the game and it isn't the same knee he hurt against Cleveland but it is the knee he had a procedure on in the preseason. He is expected to be ok for next week's game against Miami.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Big deal. Probably tweaked the knee from the previous injury. Sprains can nag all year, as they are rarely given enough time to actually heal. There aren't enough weeks in the season. Just enough to dull the pain and get back out there. Not a major thing IMO.

I spent 2 seasons in a row in highschool with a nagging hip pointer. Actually, since summer was basically: camp, it's more like 3. I should have just taken 2 weeks off and let it heal. Instead, I kept playing on it. Finally, I ripped it out completely, including bone flaking off, and then was forced to lose a month.

There's something to be said for being "tough" and "playing through injuries". There's also something else called: being an idiot. :bag:

If he's going to re-injure his knee he needs to sit down. It's simply not worth the risk, for him or the team.

I spent 2 seasons in a row in highschool with a nagging hip pointer. Actually, since summer was basically: camp, it's more like 3. I should have just taken 2 weeks off and let it heal. Instead, I kept playing on it. Finally, I ripped it out completely, including bone flaking off, and then was forced to lose a month.

There's something to be said for being "tough" and "playing through injuries". There's also something else called: being an idiot. :bag:

If he's going to re-injure his knee he needs to sit down. It's simply not worth the risk, for him or the team.

Out of curiosity, did your high school offer you professional treatment round the clock for injuries?

These guys get massages, strength train and have people and technology at their disposal to make healing and pain management much different then regular people.

Edited by Bangarang

I commented on this on another post... Spiller was one defender shy of taking it to the house yesterday, but got caught with a shoe-string tackle just as he was putting on the jets and it looked to me like he had hyper-extended his knee. The knee will be a bit weak, but it should be fine after a few days of rest and a bit of rehab. That kind of tweak for elbows and knees happens in just about every game.

CJ needs to start putting some baby oil on his cleats.

Is Peyton Manning therefore an "idiot" for playing through the high ankle sprain? A sprain usu lingers for a whole season as it isn't long enough to justify the healing time. That's football. An offseason is probably necessary to thoroughly heal, but you're not much more likely to get a more significant injury once you can play through it. If you're cleared to play you're OK.

I'm sure this is the same variety as Kiko's knee injury and he was alright to play. I don't see this as a big deal but I'm sure Marrone wanted to get it out early.

Bills' Manuel suffers third knee injury, should be okay

Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) -- Following their fifth win of the season and the first road victory for their young quarterback, the Buffalo Bills were greeted with some all too familiar news on Monday. First-round pick and rookie quarterback EJ Manuel has a knee injury… again.

Manuel suffered a knee sprain against the Jacksonville Jaguars, but head coach Doug Marrone does not believe it will force their franchise signal caller to miss any time.

"Rather than wait to announce this later on, EJ just sprained his knee. Went through the whole game, and he should be okay," the coach said. "I don't feel like it's gonna be anything. We have time, he's already watching the Miami tape now to get himself ready. But I'd rather just come out and say it."

Out of curiosity, did your high school offer you professional treatment round the clock for injuries?

These guys get massages, strength train and have people and technology at their disposal to make healing and pain management much different then regular people.

Oh yeah. Actually, it was much worse for me: my dad ran one of the hospitals then, and he's an "overplanner" type. I think that was part of it: pointless teenage activity on my part just to enforce my "space", as much as it was being a "tough guy".

I pretty much had my own orthopedic surgeon on call, and believe the cumulative stitches I have from him passed 40, long ago, never mind the nurses, PTs, etc. That guy is like my own personal torturer. When he is "fixing" me he's always egging me on to cry. :lol: He's a weird dude, a huge wiseass, and he usually tells me to tell my dad to F off, which is hilarious. The first time I got to say that was when I was 12. "Hey, it's not me, Dr. X said...to F off"! :lol: But he's fixed me, and "made me better", according to him, for years and years.

It was great in HS, because I realized I could get out of school a lot, due to injuries, and I honestly didn't have too much problem with the pain pills. :lol: So, eventually I was getting over a lot, sometimes 3 times a week. What sucked was: in college, it's a whole other ball game. You have to see the trainer, at this time, for this time, and then you have to get to class, it becomes a drag/like a job. That's the one and only time I got cortizone. My torturer hit the roof when he found out.

And, they try to completely control every aspect of your life, which...is a poor approach in dealing with me. Yep, a true coincidence that the computer always seemed "to go on the fritz" when it was my turn for PT.

Look, I just recently I realized what was missing/why I wasn't working out as much as I should: Nobody yelling and swearing at me. So, I hired a personal trainer. You can't spend most of your life with people yelling obscenities at you, and have it taken away, and expect the same results. This guy swears like I do, which...is perfect. It's not the same unless you have somebody willing to cuss you out the whole hour.

I'm thinking of hiring a job coach for the same reason: somebody who will cuss me out like my 1st project manager.

I don't seem to respond as well, and I certainly drink too much, without somebody around to yell at me. Perhaps I should invest in a wife?

:lol:

Oh yeah. Actually, it was much worse for me: my dad ran one of the hospitals then, and he's an "overplanner" type. I think that was part of it: pointless teenage activity on my part just to enforce my "space", as much as it was being a "tough guy".

I pretty much had my own orthopedic surgeon on call, and believe the cumulative stitches I have from him passed 40, long ago, never mind the nurses, PTs, etc. That guy is like my own personal torturer. When he is "fixing" me he's always egging me on to cry. :lol: He's a weird dude, a huge wiseass, and he usually tells me to tell my dad to F off, which is hilarious. The first time I got to say that was when I was 12. "Hey, it's not me, Dr. X said...to F off"! :lol: But he's fixed me, and "made me better", according to him, for years and years.

It was great in HS, because I realized I could get out of school a lot, due to injuries, and I honestly didn't have too much problem with the pain pills. :lol: So, eventually I was getting over a lot, sometimes 3 times a week. What sucked was: in college, it's a whole other ball game. You have to see the trainer, at this time, for this time, and then you have to get to class, it becomes a drag/like a job. That's the one and only time I got cortizone. My torturer hit the roof when he found out.

And, they try to completely control every aspect of your life, which...is a poor approach in dealing with me. Yep, a true coincidence that the computer always seemed "to go on the fritz" when it was my turn for PT.

Look, I just recently I realized what was missing/why I wasn't working out as much as I should: Nobody yelling and swearing at me. So, I hired a personal trainer. You can't spend most of your life with people yelling obscenities at you, and have it taken away, and expect the same results. This guy swears like I do, which...is perfect. It's not the same unless you have somebody willing to cuss you out the whole hour.

I'm thinking of hiring a job coach for the same reason: somebody who will cuss me out like my 1st project manager.

I don't seem to respond as well, and I certainly drink too much, without somebody around to yell at me. Perhaps I should invest in a wife?

:lol:

Do you really want to buy a rapidly depreciating asset? Your downside exposure is upwards of 50% and your upside is pretty slim. In the pure sense this isn't much of an investment hypothesis. Its a spec buy at best, and I can't figure out what constitutes a profitable exit event. More accurately, I'd say its a hedge against large bar tabs, disposable income, free time and fun.

I was at the game yesterday, hanging where the players get on the bus after the game. I noticed that EJ's Dad was waiting with the players families for EJ to come out, but instead, someone came to get him and brought him into the stadium. Makes sense now, EJ was probably getting his knee checked out so he didn't come out. CJ had a ton of friends and family there, must be from the area.

I was at the game yesterday, hanging where the players get on the bus after the game. I noticed that EJ's Dad was waiting with the players families for EJ to come out, but instead, someone came to get him and brought him into the stadium. Makes sense now, EJ was probably getting his knee checked out so he didn't come out. CJ had a ton of friends and family there, must be from the area.

CJ is from that area

As for EJ, "He's injury prone!" :lol:

Put a big knee brace on each knee as a preventive measure like Joe Willy used to do and stop telling me about every little nick he gets....

Not a bad Idea. Ej has long spindly legs not those thick tree trunks that Cam has. The guy is high cut and he may be prone to leg injuries as a result.

Question....

The big knock on EJ coming out of college was he had slow eyes and had accuracy problems on long passes.

My question is, has there been any QB in the past who have had similar issues or concerns and turned out to be a good QB?

CBF

I think McNabb is the best example in those areas, he was never that accurate for his career. Although, he made up for that with excellent pocket presence, and had a better arm and athleticism than EJ has.