Lewis to start / Manuel out

26CornerBlitz

Per WGR and Marrone.

How does Manuel go from 110% one week to might not play and deflecting questions about it?

Manuels development this year has been nothing short of the worst case scenerio. We really have no clue what this guy has to offer to this franchise going forward to next year. Such a huge question mark. Not good.

That's not exactly what was said. Marrone said he has to get out their and see what Manuel does tomorrow. He went on to say, A. Williams might not play or M. Goodwin. He was making a point of waiting to see what he does on the field tomorrow.

As a thought, maybe Marrone doesn't want to announce the starter so the Pats* aren't sure who to prepare for.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, in the very limited viewing, there have been clues. Some good, others bad. But you're right BBF, we have absolutely no clue what this guy -whose position is the most critical in all of sports, can bring to the table. This has been a complete waste of a season regarding the Bills attempting to solidify the position.

I bet the coaches and front office wouldn't agree. Nor do I.

They have a guy they think they can win with. He'll have a year in this offense under his belt, and barring another injury, should be well poised to perform at a much higher level next year.

I honestly don't care whether Manuel plays or not. The season was already over before the start of this week. In fact, that goes for any player in my mind. If they're not 100%, you don't play them and risk further injury in an irrelevant ball game. 6-10 and 7-9 get you the same view of the playoffs from your sofa.

That's not exactly what was said. Marrone said he has to get out their and see what Manuel does tomorrow. He went on to say, A. Williams might not play or M. Goodwin. He was making a point of waiting to see what he does on the field tomorrow.

As a thought, maybe Marrone doesn't want to announce the starter so the Pats* aren't sure who to prepare for.

No. He asked about Manuel and didn't answer the question and just deflected that Williams, Goodwin etc might not play or someone might get sick tomorrow and they could be questionable for a game..lol. It was obvious deflection and something a politician would do...retracting and deflecting after a week before saying it was 110% that he would be back.

I bet the coaches and front office wouldn't agree. Nor do I.

They have a guy they think they can win with. He'll have a year in this offense under his belt, and barring another injury, should be well poised to perform at a much higher level next year.

A year in the offense...but nowhere close to a full season of playing time in the offense which is by far more important.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I'd be perfectly fine with sitting him, and letting his knees heal. Our season is done, no need to push the guy out there when he's still (clearly) healing.

I agree.

Personally, I am disappointed in many areas of his play and his lack of durability...even considering a rookie curve in that evaluation.

At this point, I see him as having a 1 in 4 chance of becoming the Bills answer at QB but he IS the top propsect on the roster.

So it's a toss-up whether you play him and hope he has a *lights on* game in the clutch versus our main rival/greatest obstacle to success...........or whether you sit him and not risk an RGIII type injury as a result of instability in the knee that might prevent him from competing for the job in the spring/summer.

I hate to agree with Schopp, but if Lewis plays and somehow wins after this. Oh, boy.

The Bills swept the Dolphins this season, but is anyone raving about Thad's performance in either game? No! Schopp is always going on some meaningless "Troll" crusade to get people riled up. I actually listened for 30 seconds today before I turned it off. :wallbash:

I'd rather have Thad play of we wanna take down the Pats. As much as I want to love EJ, I just can't right now. 3 sprained knees in one year. Check down monster. No accuracy on the deep ball. No guts to throw the deep ball at this point. Love his attitude and his "potential". 2 things that don't = wins. I wanna beat the pats. Insert Thad. I believe we have a better chance to win with him playing QB.

Because nobody really cares that they beat the Dolphins. They're a middling team, and Thad didn't do much in either win. Even I, "Bills hater", fully expected them to win with Thad.

Beating the Pats means legitimate hope and change for next year, and if EJ's not a part of that... that's gonna linger.

Because nobody really cares that they beat the Dolphins. They're a middling team, and Thad didn't do much in either win. Even I, "Bills hater", fully expected them to win with Thad.

Beating the Pats means legitimate hope and change for next year, and if EJ's not a part of that... that's gonna linger.

How old are you ?

Many of us care a great deal that we beat the Dolphins.

"a middlin team".............jeez