Lewis to start / Manuel out

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets give EJ another yr, give him time to develop. But we definitely need to sign a veteran.

Matt Schaub

Mick Vick

Josh McCown

I prefer Schuab he's a seasoned veteran that knows how to win. If Ej flops or suffers another injury, Schaub can lead us to the playoffs. We should also keep Thad for our 3rd string QB.

Schuab can be a bridge to whoever we draft in 2015.

Lets give EJ another yr, give him time to develop. But we definitely need to sign a veteran.

Matt Schaub

Mick Vick

Josh McCown

I prefer Schuab he's a seasoned veteran that knows how to win. If Ej flops or suffers another injury, Schaub can lead us to the playoffs. We should also keep Thad for our 3rd string QB.

Schuab can be a bridge to whoever we draft in 2015.

Will everyone still be saying that if Thad comes out and lights it up on Sunday?

Will everyone still be saying that if Thad comes out and lights it up on Sunday?

Why not? Thad is a nice 3rd string Qb that's still developing, Schuab will be a great insurance policy for Ej. Ej is hopefully our future Qb if he can stay healthy and develop over the off-season

The Bills had 6 Qb's on our team over the course of the season. Hopefully we learned our lesson. Especially when it comes to Kevin Kolb. We can't depend on injury prone bk ups anymore

Good question. If he plays well I for one hope that they keep him AND draft an early round quarterback. Very early.

That said, I look forward to seeing Thad play on Sunday. Many disagree, but I enjoy it when QBs take off and run. Thad is very good at this imo. I would like to see him pick up more than 50 yards running, to include key first downs and hopefully a TD or 2. :)

I'm glad that we get another look at Thad. He was playing at a level that was just as high as EJ IMO and I love his desire and intensity. Let's give him another shot to see where he is at and to see if he is really a solid 2nd string or not.

I'm glad that we get another look at Thad. He was playing at a level that was just as high as EJ IMO and I love his desire and intensity. Let's give him another shot to see where he is at and to see if he is really a solid 2nd string or not.

I looked at QBR numbers and this isnt very true. EJ has had some up and down weeks but all of his weeks except the Tampa games were far better than Thad and Tuels weeks.

Not surprised, why risk further injury, and exacerbating a tender knee during another dead end season? Smart call. I'm still hopeful versus the fish as Thad took it to them last time we faced off. And now we're in Orchard Park.

Here we go, BILLS!

EJ Manuel: "It didn’t look like I'd be able to protect myself"

Q: How do you feel?

A: A little sore today. Just a little sore.

Q: Were you hoping Monday that this might come around?

A: Definitely. Earlier, going into today, I still wanted to give it a shot, see how I felt. I guess just the way I was looking, it didn’t look like I’d be able to protect myself moving laterally and things like that.

Q: Obviously this is disappointing right?

A: Yeah it is. We just wanted to continue to build on what we did last week. Obviously I didn’t get a chance to play the Dolphins the first go-round, I wanted to play them the second time, but coach made the right decisions for the team to help us win.

Q: When you don’t have a history of injuries, at this point, are you just kind of like what the heck is going on?

A: Tell me about it. When it happened in the game, I just kind of said to myself, ‘is this really happening again?’ I just taped it up and kept playing, but obviously the onset after something like that happens it’s going to get stiff and sore on you, so that’s a part of it. Nonetheless, I get a chance to play against New England and finish the season strong.

Not surprised, why risk further injury, and exacerbating a tender knee during another dead end season? Smart call. I'm still hopeful versus the fish as Thad took it to them last time we faced off. And now we're in Orchard Park.

Here we go, BILLS!

Agreed... they shut him down on Wed because they aren't in the playoff race. If they were, they would have waited until Friday or Sat to determine whether he could go. No reason to risk it and obviously it isn't serious because they all say he is a go for NE. If it was serious, they would say day to day. Why not roll with Thad? He is mobile, beat Miami last time, the OL has been very shaky so let the kid run around.

Can I posit a theory here?

May be the Bills don't want him to regress in his confidence. May be they don't want him to face a new opponent in the Dolphins and potentially dip. May be they want him to finish the season on a high note facing the Patriots in round 2, a game they may be feel confident he can succeed in...

May be they think that losing the Miami game with Thad starting is less detrimental to the long term plan than losing with EJ and having him question himself.

Can I posit a theory here?

May be the Bills don't want him to regress in his confidence. May be they don't want him to face a new opponent in the Dolphins and potentially dip. May be they want him to finish the season on a high note facing the Patriots in round 2, a game they may be feel confident he can succeed in...

May be they think that losing the Miami game with Thad starting is less detrimental to the long term plan than losing with EJ and having him question himself.

All of this and his knee isn't 100%. HE wanted to play, and probably could have if he had to. Plus if he has a good game against NE that is HUGE going into the offseason. If he played this week on a tweaked knee and hurt it more or had a bad game, the NE game is up in the air on either how well he would do or how Thad would do. EJ already played them once pretty well, Pettine knows NE like the back of his hand, I think they feel confident with Thad this week and EJ next week. If EJ was 100% OR we were in the playoff race, he would play Miami. Neither are true, so I don't see an issue with this. The downside is he doesn't get the game experience and will not have played Miami at all his first year. But I think the upside outweighs the downside. There are player,system,coaching changes every year in the NFL so just because you played a team one year doesn't always give you a huge advantage when you play them the next year. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Bruising his confidence doesn't seem like an issue for EJ. Look at the way he bounced back vs the Jags. Geno Smith would still be moping after a start like that.

But I'm pretty sure, too, that Marrone won't play EJ next week if he's still feeling the knee. No sense in ruining him.

In the meantime I look forward to seeing what Thad Lewis can do.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot