Speculation: Tim Tebow could be traded, Bills mentioned

Just Jack

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we've seen the best of Tebow in college. Last season Tebow completed 47% of his passes - driving his receivers nuts,

For the record, his WRs drove Tebow nuts as they dropped I think an average of 6+ per game with Tebow at QB.

It was laughable how many drops they had.

It's funny you mention bias because you obviously have one against Fitz. Any non-Bills fan would laugh at your premise that Tebow is better than anyone at throwing a football.

I evaluated Fitz his entire time in Buffalo, all the while wanting him to be of HOF caliber, but he has sucked the entire time.

If anything, my bias gave Fitz the benifit of the doubt, and he STILL failed that miserably. Without my Bills bias, I would view Fitz worse than I do now.

And Dareus is 23, Aaron Williams 22, does it mean they will be better by 25? When these guys reach 25 and still have major question marks what tricks can we teach them to improve their game?

I said the same thing about our 30 year old former backup quarterback when they hired a coach to correct his accuracy and "mechanics" last summer.

For the record, his WRs drove Tebow nuts as they dropped I think an average of 6+ per game with Tebow at QB.

It was laughable how many drops they had.

I evaluated Fitz his entire time in Buffalo, all the while wanting him to be of HOF caliber, but he has sucked the entire time.

If anything, my bias gave Fitz the benifit of the doubt, and he STILL failed that miserably. Without my Bills bias, I would view Fitz worse than I do now.

I like Tebow but you sound like a Tebow apologist. Decker and Thomas are one of the better receiving duos in the game. Fitz has struggled and will never be a top QB, but he is a much better Qb than Tebow. Tebow would struggle to have the 15 td passes Fitz has in 7 games in an entire season.

Here is the end all be all for this thread:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a low end NFL starter and would make a terrific backup NFL QB.

Tim Tebow, if not for his "intangibles" (ie. "he's a football player," let's make him the "protector" on our punt team/let's sell a few jerseys) would NOT BE ON AN NFL ROSTER. In other words, he's not good enough to be a 3rd string NFL QB.

Done. Over. Stop.

Tebow equals a joke. If OBD gets him it's just an attempt to sell the tens of thousands of unsold seats we have in December.

Tebow is a freaking side-show clown circus. If he keeps it up he'll have played for every team in the NFL in 10 years. All the while "rescuing" ticket sales and selling "Tebow" #15 jerseys.

He's nothing more than a towel waiving Merriman clone who should be banned to the sidelines. Probably will be a great coach like Harbaugh someday.

I'd like to add to that PP. may we not all forget that many of Firz' TDs are the result of Freddy, CJ and Stevie creating rediculous plays after the catch. Just a tidbit of info there.

I'm not sure where you're getting this from. Let's take Sunday's game for example. One of Fitz' TD passes was to Fred. One was to Donald Jones and one was to Stevie Johnson.

In the win against KC, he hit Chandler on a 10 yard TD and SJ caught a pass and ran in untouched for a 49 yard TD.

Which TDs in particular are you talking about? If a WR makes a good run it's not a good pass by the QB?

If you can think of a lucky TD pass by Fitz, I'd like to hear about it.

Fitz ain't great, but truly he isn't anywhere near as bad as yall make him out to be.

Don't go there. Who are the free agent QBs next year?

Honestly, I don't take this rumor (or is it merely speculation) seriously...but if for some reason it did come to fruition, I would seriously think of jumping ship on this team. I assume the move would be made because our HC wants Tebow... and I have nothing against Tebow (other than the fact that he isn't very good)... but how many friggin gadget players and wild-cat guys does he need to play with? Gailey's jacking around with the talent we have, IMO, already had 2/3rds of "Bills Nation" labeling CJ Spiller (likely the most valuable player on this roster at this point) as a bust and wasted pick. Gailey has too many things going on, to the point, where it seems like he can't even tell what is working and what is not half the time. As the rest of the league trends away from the wild-cat fad, the Bills seem to be, for whatever reason, embracing it...I don't hate it, but it really hasn't done a hell of a lot for the Bills.

I'm not sure where you're getting this from. Let's take Sunday's game for example. One of Fitz' TD passes was to Fred. One was to Donald Jones and one was to Stevie Johnson.

In the win against KC, he hit Chandler on a 10 yard TD and SJ caught a pass and ran in untouched for a 49 yard TD.

Which TDs in particular are you talking about? If a WR makes a good run it's not a good pass by the QB?

If you can think of a lucky TD pass by Fitz, I'd like to hear about it.

Fitz ain't great, but truly he isn't anywhere near as bad as yall make him out to be.

Reddog, the majority of Steve Johnsons' yardage, at this point (the one TD this past Sunday not withstanding, against a defense as bad as ours) are coming from 6 yard passes to the sideline (over or underthrown so there is no chance of any YAC), or 6 yard passes in the middle of the field, which Johnson can get some YAC. Johnson (and Graham for that matter) seem to always have their man beat, but have to adjust to Fitz' passes, to minimize what they can do after just making the catch.

He did have a much better game this past week...it was more like Fitz of 2010-2011..you know, play decent, but with 2 or 3 passes where you just can't believe he threw that ball...first 6 weeks of this season, there were far, far too many of those type passes in each game.

Fitz had an "ok" game against Arizona, but, the one play that just sticks out to me, was that awful 3rd and 6 where he had Freddie wide open, no pressure at all, and just threw it high and wide of Jackson...for no real reason. It was only one incomplete pass on the stat sheet, but it helped to make the end of that game far more interesting than it should have been. Good, not great, QB's don't miss that pass. I think the Bills should be more concerned about finding a guy who can make that pass, than finding another wild-cat toy for Gailey to play with..

Trade Brad Smith back to the jets for Teabow even up .

He would be perfect for B/Lo , we are always the under dog as is Teabow , he is a team guy & i think the more you tell him he can't the harder he would work to prove them all wrong .

He can't be any worse than what we got !!!

So just to be clear: if Tebow were the QB for the Bills so far this year he'd be higher than 3rd in the NFL in TD passes?

So just to be clear: you think Fitz being 3rd in TD passes is better than the team having a winning record? Then you must be the happiest Bills fan in the world right now. Good for you.

Considering we've been blown out in every loss except Ten, you have no choice but to pass when you're behind. His TD stat is inflated and apparently the only stat Fitz loyalists can point to.

but, Chan was his coordinator in Kansas City.

Yep. And Thigpen was his… wait… what?

He is a better passer than Fitz. Let that sink in for a minute because it is actually true. Fitz is that bad.

I'd take him in a heartbeat

What?

Tebow equals a joke. If OBD gets him it's just an attempt to sell the tens of thousands of unsold seats we have in December.

Tebow is a freaking side-show clown circus. If he keeps it up he'll have played for every team in the NFL in 10 years. All the while "rescuing" ticket sales and selling "Tebow" #15 jerseys.

Agreed.

Trade Brad Smith back to the jets for Teabow even up .

He would be perfect for B/Lo , we are always the under dog as is Teabow , he is a team guy & i think the more you tell him he can't the harder he would work to prove them all wrong .

He can't be any worse than what we got !!!

Why would we trade away the better player for the worse player?

I'd take him over Fitz. Sure he may end up sucking even worse than fitz, but we already know fitz sucks, so may as we'll try something new. If he's worse than fitz, we'll get a better pick and hopefully a better QB.

I'm sure that someone has brought this up, but...how long has Jackson been 'on the team'? Eight weeks or so? Are you willing to open 2013 with TIMTEBOW!!! as your starting QB? If Chan won't let a 'conventional' QB even hold the clipboard on Sunday what do you think he's going to do if he has to redesign an entire offense around a gimmick QB?

Come to think of it I'm being too generous. TIMTEBOW!!! will have to sit until opening day 2014 before he'll be ready to play.

/

That's like 175 in dog years.

I've been meaning to ask. Who/what is stevestojan? I've seen people use it in posts to supplant some other prohibited words. Is it an inside joke, or do they just not like you?

This.

This entire discussion reminds me of the Flutie debate. This isn't about skill. It's about leadership, something this team sorely needs.

If Tebow is such a gret leader, why has one team dumped him and another thinking about it? It seems to me this is more a sign that he is a devisive influence rather than a leader.

Hell yes!!!

If given the chance, the guy knows how to win. Not to mention that his leadership skills are off the charts.

Anyone ever see how fired up he gets? When is the last time we saw Fitz get fired up?

If the price was right, I would trade for him in a second.

CBF

Hell yes!!!

If given the chance, the guy knows how to win. Not to mention that his leadership skills are off the charts.

Anyone ever see how fired up he gets? When is the last time we saw Fitz get fired up?

If the price was right, I would trade for him in a second.

CBF

Oh my God.

So just to be clear: you think Fitz being 3rd in TD passes is better than the team having a winning record? Then you must be the happiest Bills fan in the world right now. Good for you.

Considering we've been blown out in every loss except Ten, you have no choice but to pass when you're behind. His TD stat is inflated and apparently the only stat Fitz loyalists can point to.

Read what else I wrote. I'm not a "Fitz loyalist." But he's not a clown complete with clown makeup and clown shoes like Tebow. And FWIW, only 4 of Fitz's 15 TD's are during garbage time.

Good, get some one on this team that shows some intensity on the field and is a natural born leader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUymUOl7rgc

:thumbsup:

Tim Tebow has something Fitz and Tavaris Jackson don't have, a natural burning desire to win, and will accept nothing else. Tebow is a winner! The Jets are afraid to use him right now for fear they might hurt Mark Sanchez's vagina. :lol:

I don't shiv two gits if the guy throws it backwards between his legs as long as he hits the receiver. Tebow even won a playoff game against the Steelers!! In 2011 He took over a 2-5 Denver team and went 7-4 getting them into the playoffs

I highly doubt Nix is even awake at this time of year tho, or Wannstooge would have been fired already :bag:

I'd take him over Fitz. Sure he may end up sucking even worse than fitz, but we already know fitz sucks, so may as we'll try something new. If he's worse than fitz, we'll get a better pick and hopefully a better QB.

is this some kind of sick joke? lol.

Tebow to Bills is mentioned only by speculation of the writer, nothing more.

I personally though would love to see Tebow in Buffalo, because this season is basically done and good time to experiment. How about for Tavaris & Fitz for Tebow?

That way we can "scare" the opponents, they won't know which wildcat offense we will be running between Tim & Brad! Lol.

Background- Tarvaris Jackson is not yet activated. If we trade for Tebow now, no way Gailey feels comfortable with him as a QB for 4-6 weeks. Tebow will add little to this season. Why give up a draft pick for such minimal gain ?

If we get him to be a gimmicky player and not a QB, we already have Brad Smith. I don't see what Tebow will add over his skills beyond a very competitive streak.

Secondly, if we trade for him now hoping to use him next season, it is even more silly. First of all, we don't know if this current coaching staff will be around next year. The next staff is quite likely to be averse to Tebow. Looking at it another way, this may be a deterent to coaches coming to Buffalo if they feel they will have to walk into a circus. As it is, we have a tough time getting premium coaching talent. This will make matters worse.

Thirdly, this will be about as blatant a marketing move as Donahoe ever did. Lame lame attempt to boost ticket sales when the basic driver of sales -winning-is absent.

Finally, much as we have grown weary of Fitz, the biggest problem right now is the D. Till we find a solution to that problem(s), we will not win.

ANd I am not even going to discuss the lack of QB'ing skills that others have already pointed out in this thread

Bottom line - I realize that much of this is speculation but come on guys ! Tebow will not help us in the win column.

If Tebow is such a gret leader, why has one team dumped him and another thinking about it? It seems to me this is more a sign that he is a devisive influence rather than a leader.

Given the choice, anybody in their right mind takes Manning. And this is total speculation about the Jest. What changed in Denver last year that led to a noticeable difference in play? Heart.

I'm not saying it would help this year, but since this is all speculation, look at the 2011 Broncos. A talented, yet underperforming defense. An offense built around 2 talented RBs. A down year for the rest of their division. Sound familiar?

Edited by sodbuster