Speculation: Tim Tebow could be traded, Bills mentioned

Just Jack

What benefit does it give the jets to trade him? They wont get much for him and its not like they are cash strapped.

One of the columists in the Post just wrote about this today.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/no_tebow_trade_0SBXBl85Hpgm0L6GwMYysN

Not only would the Jets get little for Tebow (less than they paid), but they'd look totally foolish for making a big splash upon acquiring him only to dump him a few months later. Considering they acquired him as a PR move, there's no way they'd absorb that kind of backlash in exchange for a low draft pick.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the columists in the Post just wrote about this today.

http://www.nypost.co...5Hpgm0L6GwMYysN

Not only would the Jets get little for Tebow (less than they paid), but they'd look totally foolish for making a big splash upon acquiring him only to dump him a few months later. Considering they acquired him as a PR move, there's no way they'd absorb that kind of backlash in exchange for a low draft pick.

I don't know. Been bouncing in my mind since reading it. If they do it might help Ryan retain his coaching position, but I could see Ryan and their GM let go at the end of the season if they keep tanking...what does it hurt to cast out Tebow when the ship is sinking?

I don't know. Been bouncing in my mind since reading it. If they do it might help Ryan retain his coaching position, but I could see Ryan and their GM let go at the end of the season if they keep tanking...what does it hurt to cast out Tebow when the ship is sinking?

Though I'd love to replace Fitz and we would have an amazing, ball control offense that would force Chan or whoever (Marty Ball!) to run the damn ball, I'd say it would be tough to do with our defense playing like it did. Not sure we could score 30. On the other hand, we wouldn't be giving a short field after an INT time after time.

Lets think about this for just a minute here.

Pros:

-would absolutely make Buffalo relevant in the NFL instantly.

-could actually be better than Fitz (hard to imagine I know)

-would most likely sell the rest of the seasons tickets almost immediately.

-would probably, because of all the media attention, make a push for the stadium lease deals.

Cons:

-he might be worse than Fitz but honestly, who really cares? We already know Fitz sucks.

-COULD become a distraction. Honestly, with all this Mario crap and everything else, who cares.

I really don't see many downsides to the move that would really hurt us as a team or a city. The fact is, he might or might not be better than Fitz, well, most of everyone who's a Bills fan already knows Fitz isn't the guy anyway. He'd make us relevant in the media world instantly and create good Media hype.

I'd say go for it. Like we have all said, it can't get any worse.

He's 25

/

That's like 175 in dog years.

I've been meaning to ask. Who/what is stevestojan? I've seen people use it in posts to supplant some other prohibited words. Is it an inside joke, or do they just not like you?

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

He is a better passer than Fitz. Let that sink in for a minute because it is actually true. Fitz is that bad.

I'd take him in a heartbeat

Yeah, this is a stupid post. I love the passion and effort Tebow brings to the table. Unfortunately, he's not a NFL starting QB. Fitz has 15 tds & completes 60% of his passes and most fans think he's awful. Tebow completes about half of his passes.

He's 25

And Dareus is 23, Aaron Williams 22, does it mean they will be better by 25? When these guys reach 25 and still have major question marks what tricks can we teach them to improve their game?

I think we've seen the best of Tebow in college. Last season Tebow completed 47% of his passes - driving his receivers nuts, and reinventing the limitations of the forward pass to the era of leather helmets. Tim Tebow could be a good H-back, tight end or Linebacker, but a Quarterback he is not.

Edited by BiggieScooby

Yeah, this is a stupid post. I love the passion and effort Tebow brings to the table. Unfortunately, he's not a NFL starting QB. Fitz has 15 tds & completes 60% of his passes and most fans think he's awful. Tebow completes about half of his passes.

And yet, Fitz is a worse passer than Tebow. Anyone who has watched either play without bias would reach the same conclusion. Embarrassing I know, but they have the same elongated wide up, they have the same inability to hit the broad side of a barn, but Tebow can throw a fade route with the best of them while that is Fitz's worst route and throws ten time the number of picks on that route than completions.

Stats are irrelevent, especially across schemes. You don't think Tebow could throw slants and screen passes? Fitz can't even complete a 3 yard out/drag route. Tebow could have that completion percentage with our scheme, and have a total of 15 TDs when you add in his rushing.

And lets not forget the added dimension Tebow brings the running game.

You also cannot deny how he inspires his team mates. It cannot be looked over, even his Broncos team mates were admitting it, like V Miller and....http://www.thebiglea...-of-god-fumble/

Edited by peterpan

And yet, Fitz is a worse passer than Tebow. Anyone who has watched either play without bias would reach the same conclusion.

Stats are irrelevent, especially across schemes.

And lets not forget the added dimension Tebow brings the running game.

You also cannot deny how he inspires his team mates. It cannot be looked over, even his Broncos team mates were admitting it, like V Miller and....http://www.thebiglea...-of-god-fumble/

It's funny you mention bias because you obviously have one against Fitz. Any non-Bills fan would laugh at your premise that Tebow is better than anyone at throwing a football.