Bills interested in Deebo Samuel per Mike Giardi

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I am open to this depending on compensation (you aren't getting any of my next 4 picks this season)... and I would still want to get a WR at 33.  

Truthfully this guy is one of my favorite players to watch in the league, and he'd be an absolutely lethal player in this offense.  I think Brady/McD/Beane know this so you have to consider it if you can make the math work.  Doing it means Shakir is probably playing a bit more boundary, and other Samuel is probably used a bit differently.  

No it doesn’t? Deebo is not a slot WR

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No.  If we keep 33 take a WR regardless of acquired player

I've asked you this before (for other trades you've brought up), but when you're not dreaming/fantasizing about trades and back to reality....

How do we fit Deebos cap hit under our current situation?  Unless 49ers convert almost all of his $20m salary to bonus (hence they eat more dead cap), it's just not possible as I see.it.  On top of that, if 49ers ate more dead cap, it will likely take more than pick 33 to get him.

I'll let you explain now.

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Mr Cover 1 Greg T has been wrong several times.  He beat it to death that it was “IMPOSSIBLE” to move Diggs

so I absolutely expect us to acquire a vet WR now

I think their coverage reviews got so big so quickly they feel this pressure to be constantly pushing out content.

Their content was so "information" based as in just breaking down the general responsibilities of certain coverages and basic reads that when they give an opinion or thought it has this weight of "reporting". Which leads to this "well Cover 1 says..." but they don't have the knowledge or inside line to support that kind of regular content creation. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think you should be able to get Deebo for relatively cheap in terms of trade compensation. You can always make it work cap wise. I do think your WR room gets a little redundant but Deebo is good and you'd still be drafting a WR tonight in my opinion. I'd rather have Aiyuk but I would assume the 49ers would rather have him too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, stlbills13 said:

I think you should be able to get Deebo for relatively cheap in terms of trade compensation. You can always make it work cap wise. I do think your WR room gets a little redundant but Deebo is good and you'd still be drafting a WR tonight in my opinion. I'd rather have Aiyuk but I would assume the 49ers would rather have him too

I’d give a 3 and 5 for Deebo and take AD at 33 or trade down again

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The days of free agent wide receivers are over. This is silly. They really want to trade a valuable pick AND pay a guy a boatload of money?

They days of FA WRs are clearly in their prime, in case you haven't noticed.

Just now, dma0034 said:

As a few have said: I just don't see if it a cap standpoint. I think the Bills pick Mitchell and another WR in the 2nd or 3rd. 

whether you see it or not, a legit league reporter has stated we have interest.

obviously, the Bills know much more than all the so called cap experts on here and on X

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

That would be a hell of a deal for Beane. Trade down and collect the picks to trade for Deebo all the while you really only moved down 5 spots. Turning the 28th pick into Deebo and Mitchell would be exceptional

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Not my preference with the pick, but I wouldn't be mad about it at all.

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

obviously, the Bills know much more than all the so called cap experts on here and on X

Fair enough. Obviously Beane has way more knowledge than I ever will with cap space

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFanJ said:

Getting Deebo Samuel would be a homerun for this team.  If they can keep the 33rd pick to draft DeJean and also get Deebo -- wowza!!

Yeah whenever I read fans talk about top players with stuff like “hard pass” and “meh” all I can think about were fans saying the same thing about Randy Moss when the Pats got him from Oakland. “They can have him!”  

There’s a reason you buy low and sell high. It’s because the masses buy high and sell low. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Trading for Deebo = 0%

Trading for Aiyuk = 25%

Drafting Franklin or Mitchell = 75%

I’m in on Aiyuk and Mitchell,  totally out on Franklin. 

Can someone please help me understand why you'd want any rookie this side of MHJ (the most ready made rookie WR we've seen other than JJ & Chase since like Julio Jones/AJ Green), over DEEBO FREAKIN SAMUEL?!!

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

You're incorrect about the NFL cap rule....

sorry pal, even if we're interested or not

1 minute ago, appoo said:

Can someone please help me understand why you'd want any rookie this side of MHJ (the most ready made rookie WR we've seen other than JJ & Chase since like Julio Jones/AJ Green), over DEEBO FREAKIN SAMUEL?!!

They don’t know what they want and should be placed on ignore. 

6 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

the redundancy being that they are pretty flexible as opposed to one trick ponies doing the same thing does help though 

25 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Aiyuk is more likely IMO

Work with two huge niner fans and saying that aiyuk is the one they'll keep. Samuel they want to move. Old, injury prone, costly. 

I don't want Samuel. I wouldn't hate aiyuk if price is ok. Neither truly interest me. Higgins is peerless price clone, too.

25 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Aiyuk is more likely IMO

Work with two huge niner fans and saying that aiyuk is the one they'll keep. Samuel they want to move. Old, injury prone, costly. 

I don't want Samuel. I wouldn't hate aiyuk if price is ok. Neither truly interest me. Higgins is peerless price clone, too.

44 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Yeah this feels like obvious BS

I'm like 75% sure we'll be taking your boy from Oregon tonight. We are not at the spot in our team's life cycle where we should be trading for a weathered WR that we have to commit major cap space to. Drafting a couple young studs tonight makes way more sense.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

I think people are vastly overrating how productive a rookie WR will be (especially one in the 2nd round). For every Puka Nacua, there are 30 rookies that perform just okay (even good ones).

If we traded for Deebo, I would expect he would out produce every rookie WR in this class (even the MHJ) for this upcoming season. Now, whether we can fit him capwise...I'm not so sure.

• Agree 1

I don't understand how NFL analysts, all of NFL twitter, and four pages worth of posts on this thread don't seem to be acknowledging the following:

The Bills CAN'T trade for Deebo. Literally cannot do it. 

The only way it would work is if San Fran said "we'll pay most of his salary this year", which...why would they do that?

Failing that unlikely scenario, the Bills' salary cap situation makes it literally impossible for them to trade for Samuel, Aiyuk, or Higgins right now. They can't afford it.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Eh the Bills get dangled as bait in a lot of these trade discussions. But the trades we end up pulling off are never the ones we're rumored to be in on. Nobody had us trading for Diggs. Nobody has us trading up for Elam or Kincaid. We tried trading for Von Miller before the Rams did - nobody reported this until after fact.

I would wager the 49ers are dangling the Bills and/or Patriots as potential trade partners to incentivize the real trade partners to increase their offer. I could actually see the Pats making this move, it makes sense for them. Maybe the 49ers are putting it out there that their division rival with a slightly higher 2nd round pick is also in the conversation.

I would just be really surprised if us trying to trade for Deebo Samuel or any player leaked into the media because it's never happened.

• Agree 2