NFL draft rumors 2024

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

This is one of the reasons why i feel like Beane will make a bigger move if he can - the not moving up much for Addison (they may have had Kincaid rated higher though) and the Elam pick - being patient cost us McDuffie and let KC jump us. I'm just hoping we have someone who is willing to move

They are really high on Van Dermark, I'm not sure we will pay 2 tackles either as it is Brown's last year on his rookie contract...That is the only reason I am going there. There luterally is no one else on this team we can toss in. Elam is about as worthless as Zack Wilson

Spencer Brown was a whipping boy until last year. Most of us wanted an upgrade at RT.  It’s possible Joe Schoen would have a value of a 3rd round pick on Spencer Brown

1 hour ago, Estro said:

I predict Franklin is on the board at #60. I don't think he's going as high as a lot of people think. 

The Bills brought him in for #60 — and the billboard message to the league that they’d deal down to get him in the 2nd. Soooo, now Beane gets a call from Arizona about #35, and by the end of that conversation green Gannon is giving the Beanester #4, and Nabers is sizing up his draft night Bills cap.

25 minutes ago, Process said:

Jeremiah has Worthy BTJr and Mitchell all making it to 28.

Hard to imagine no WRs get picked from 11 to 27 but this would be a dream scenario. 

Now we’re getting somewhere. Wait til one or two of the Big 3 make it to #10 🤯

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Spencer Brown was a whipping boy until last year. Most of us wanted an upgrade at RT.  It’s possible Joe Schoen would have a value of a 3rd round pick on Spencer Brown

Offensive line is the hardest position to develop in the modern NFL.. there is a complete lack of NFL quality lineman coming from college to the pros compared to 20 years ago 

The schemes colleges run make it harder to transition to the NFL game... It generally takes two three four years for a non Blue Chip lineman to get it

Spencer also lost a year of football in college due to covid... And battled through injuries in the pros early in his career which hampered development 

Physically he has every single thing you want... Including a strong work ethic 

He might not peek till he is 29 or 30... But he looks like a guy who could be a future All pro due to his traits which is why you definitely don't give up on him 

he can definitely be Josh's bookend right tackle because he has a mean streak and protects Josh.. and he's a phenomenal athlete who can move the pocket with Josh

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Offensive line is the hardest position to develop in the modern NFL.. there is a complete lack of NFL quality lineman coming from college to the pros compared to 20 years ago 

The schemes colleges run make it harder to transition to the NFL game... It generally takes two three four years for a non Blue Chip lineman to get it

Spencer also lost a year of football in college due to covid... And battled through injuries in the pros early in his career which hampered development 

He might not peek till he is 29 or 30... But he looks like a guy who could be a future All pro due to his traits which is why you definitely don't give up on him 

he can definitely be Josh's bookend right tackle because he has a mean streak and protects Josh.. and he's a phenomenal athlete who can move the pocket with Josh

Complete lack of judgment in those who want to add Brown to the mix in order to get the WR they covet. Who is going to plausibly replace him in the lineup? The Bills invested the time to develop him, and now they should what, put La'el Collins in there to replace him? Van Demark did not look good on the right side in the snaps he took at RT. 

I've yet to hear an intelligent reply to these concerns from the enthusiasts for pay any price to get a top 3 WR.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

This is one of the reasons why i feel like Beane will make a bigger move if he can - the not moving up much for Addison (they may have had Kincaid rated higher though) and the Elam pick - being patient cost us McDuffie and let KC jump us. I'm just hoping we have someone who is willing to move

Slightly off topic, but we were never going to take McDuffie regardless. He’s a slot corner, not a boundary corner, and we already had an excellent one in Taron Johnson.

In fact the 2 all pros this season for the slot corner position were Taron Johnson and McDuffie.

Edited by DapperCam

52 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Complete lack of judgment in those who want to add Brown to the mix in order to get the WR they covet. Who is going to plausibly replace him in the lineup? The Bills invested the time to develop him, and now they should what, put La'el Collins in there to replace him? Van Demark did not look good on the right side in the snaps he took at RT. 

I've yet to hear an intelligent reply to these concerns from the enthusiasts for pay any price to get a top 3 WR.

Agreed... Van demark is another very good athlete who was very raw 

He needed two or three years of development at least... Which a lot of NFL teams don't have the patience for... The bills on the other hand have shown they will give players two plus years of development 

But as you said I think he is built for the left side not the right... And putting in Collins for Brown or trading brown would be 3 years of hard development gone to waste 

When he's finally turning a corner 

He has height , length , he has a boxer straight to engage and reroute pass rushers... He is a Mauler in the run game... He could run block zone or man schemes and he is athletic enough to learn pass protection with reps

I know it's hard developing linemen over two or three or four years... But he could potentially be a perennial pro bowler and Future all pro with his traits

If anything you resign him now to a four or five-year deal way cheaper before he really ascends... Which I will predict is this year

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

They are really high on Van Dermark, I'm not sure we will pay 2 tackles either as it is Brown's last year on his rookie contract...That is the only reason I am going there. There luterally is no one else on this team we can toss in. Elam is about as worthless as Zack Wilson

I know they like what they have seen of him on the left side, not so much the right. Where that takes this, nobody knows😂😆🤣

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Which is why I personally extend him now before that contract really explodes. I always knew his back is what hampered him early and if that is an issue of the past (hopefully the Bills medical have a good beat on this) this guy is still nowhere near his ceiling. At his height he could still fill out and easily play over 350 without losing any athleticism. Pay two tackles please!

6 hours ago, Process said:

Jeremiah has Worthy BTJr and Mitchell all making it to 28.

Hard to imagine no WRs get picked from 11 to 27 but this would be a dream scenario. 

Not that hard for me to imagine to be honest. My view has always been the maximum that go before the Bills is the top 3 and 1 other. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Estro said:

I predict Franklin is on the board at #60. I don't think he's going as high as a lot of people think. 

If Worthy is being mentioned as a 1st rounder, I think Franklin is right behind him so I still think 60 is no way. The draft is crazy but I think he goes top 40, 45ish at the lowest. See all you crazies tonight😆

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

He names roughly a third of the league. Thanks, Pete. 

more outstanding reporting....the same people who say the Bills may trade up, trade back or just stay at 28

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

He names roughly a third of the league. Thanks, Pete. 

Daniel Jeremiah also said Denver is more likely a trade back candidate as well 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Spencer Brown is going nowhere.  Why would the Bills want to create a gaping hole at one of the most important and difficult positions to fill?  They aren’t nearly that foolish.

• Like (+1) 2

Count me in with the group that would be extremely annoyed to see Spencer Brown traded in any fashion.  

Downside:  

Contract Year and Back Injury History

Upside:

Was an average to above average RT last year, who has unlimited potential

I'm certainly ok with taking a wait and see approach with him this season, even if it ends up costing us a few million more per year, but unless someone is blowing us away with an offer, you don't trade a good young RT with tons of untapped potential. 

https://walterfootball.com/nfl-hot-press-2024-nfl-draft-week-rumors-thursday.php

For months, I have had the Jets taking Georgia tight end Brock Bowers with the 10th-overall pick, and that outcome sounds like is a real possibility for the Jets. However in speaking to sources with the team, it sounds like drafting Bowers at No. 10 is actually Plan C. Jets general manager Joe Douglas badly wants to trade down in the first round. Douglas wants to acquire a second-round pick, and if the Jets trade down, it sounds like their top target would be LSU wide receiver Brian Thomas Jr. The Jets want to get a second-round pick to add depth to their offensive line, or possibly take another wide receiver.

If the Jets are forced to stick at pick No. 10, they would prefer to draft Washington wide receiver Rome Odunze, who the decision-makers like more than Bowers. The Jets feel they need another wideout because Mike Williams is coming off an injury, plus they want another playmaker to attack defenses. They feel they would be in serious trouble if Garrett Wilson were to go down with an injury, and in a critical year, they would prefer to not be lacking depth at a critical position. That being said, the Jets do not expect Odunze to make it to the 10th pick of the 2024 NFL Draft.

If Odunze is off the board and the Jets are unable to trade down, Bowers is likely to be their pick. It sounds like the Jets are comfortable with his medical, and they feel he could be an excellent weapon for Aaron Rodgers. They like the tight ends they have, so they do not feel they are desperate at the position. Hence, the Jets prefer Odunze if both would be available. It will be fascinating to see if the Jets can pull off Plan A with a trade down, manage to exeucte Plan B by selecting Odunze, or are forced into Plan C and take Bowers.

Some team sources think Alabama edge rusher Dallas Turner could slide some in the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft. Some franchises had some medical issues come back on Turner, which could lead him to going lower than the consensus has been during the pre-draft process.

Sources said the New York Giants are unlikely to take a quarterback in the early rounds 2024 NFL Draft. That would be different if the Giants were in position to land one of the top three: Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, and Drake Maye. All three are expected to be gone after the opening three selections. It sounds like the Giants do not value J.J. McCarthy that highly. Michael Penix Jr. would be a potential pick if he got to the Giants’ second-round pick, but Penix is not expected to make it close to pick No. 47 on Friday night. Sources said the Giants are very unlikely to take other possible second-day quarterbacks like Bo Nix or Spencer Rattler. It sounds like the Giants plan to fill other positions over taking Nix or Rattler on Day 2 of the 2024 NFL Draft.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, DJB said:

Did this information come out before or after Daniel Jeremiah mocked Odunze to the Jets saying they have a lot of interest in him?

Because colour me skeptical 

Charlie Campbell has been reporting for a while now that the Jets pick is down to Bowers or Odunze.

I really don't understand the amount of pushback I get on his reports. Is it just because Walter Football as a website kind of sucks? Because I get that, but his track record is his track record.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, DJB said:

Did this information come out before or after Daniel Jeremiah mocked Odunze to the Jets saying they have a lot of interest in him?

Because colour me skeptical that this website had it first 

Not coincidentally, among the players that could reasonably make it to 10 Odunze is the player that would have the highest trade value. Basically they’re telling the NFL to come get him if he makes it to 10. 

For the Bills it means they have to get to 9 if they want him - if he makes it there. 

Edited by BarleyNY

4 minutes ago, DJB said:

Because colour me skeptical that this website had it first 

To echo Happy, Campbell is good and plugged in.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Charlie Campbell has been reporting for a while now that the Jets pick is down to Bowers or Odunze.

I really don't understand the amount of pushback I get on his reports. Is it just because Walter Football as a website kind of sucks? Because I get that, but his track record is his track record.

Walter Football has had a bad rep for like 10 years. Some of their stuff back in the day was laughable.

Charlie Campbell has had some very accurate mock drafts recently but it’s hard to forget the old, bad stuff.

They are like the Bo Nix of NFL media.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I've watched Bowers quite a bit living in Atlanta.  He's really good, but more in the Kittle sense (IMO).

Where we drafted Kincaid to be a Kelce type.. route running, hands and spatial awareness in zone coverage.  Bowers doesn't strike me as a "feel" Tight End, more of a bruiser/athlete who has speed and power. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Jets would be very foolish not to go OT with that first pick…no way their tackles hold up for 17 games, much less beyond 2024.  

And the Alabama CBs are hugely overrated.  Would not be surprised if they both fall out of round 1.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

While Walter football does look like it was built in 1998 I find his info very reliable. 

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Walter Football has had a bad rep for like 10 years. Some of their stuff back in the day was laughable.

Charlie Campbell has had some very accurate mock drafts recently but it’s hard to forget the old, bad stuff.

They are like the Bo Nix of NFL media.

It isn't just his mocks. His hot press rumors consistently come true. Off the top of my head one example I can think of is Jermaine Johnson. He was commonly mocked in the top 10 by most people, at worst top 15. The day before or of the draft Charlie Campbell reported Johnson was likely to slide to the bottom of the 1st round because of major character concerns. Nobody else was reporting this. Lo and behold he slid to #26.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It isn't just his mocks. His hot press rumors consistently come true. Off the top of my head one example I can think of is Jermaine Johnson. He was commonly mocked in the top 10 by most people, at worst top 15. The day before or of the draft Charlie Campbell reported Johnson was likely to slide to the bottom of the 1st round because of major character concerns. Nobody else was reporting this. Lo and behold he slid to #26.

Consistently? You mean like when they reported Sam Darnold/Lamar Jackson were gonna stay in school and not declare?

https://walterfootball.com/NFL-Teams-Hear-Darnold-and-Jackson-Inclined-to-Return-to-School_NHP.php

Spoilers… they both were drafted in the first round after that “rumor.”

GTFOH with that “consistently come true” bs

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Many of their rumors are common sense type information. 

Were they right about Johnson? Maybe or maybe they threw something against the wall and got lucky.

These  guys aren’t anything more than a couple of dudes hanging in moms

basement “reporting” and piggybacking more reputable sources 

My two cents…..

the problem in trying to move up high is test you are going to have to match QB pricing for picks becsuse other teams are looking to trade up for QB.  There could be 6 QBs drafted in top half of the draft

it seems like the top 3 are also in the top of the draft then others may be in  25-40 range.

buffalo could trade up a few spots to get the player they want. I don’t see the fantasy trade up occuring.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LLCoolCy said:

If the Bills top 5 WRs are gone this could be the trade back partner. Moving 28 to 36 and getting a 3rd? seems sensible business. 

This has been my best case scenario all along. Trade back with Washington since they desperately need a LT, in exchange get one of their 3rds. Then double dip at WR in the 2nd, trading up from #60 if necessary to make sure we get our guy.

Trade could look something like this to match the draft value chart:

Washington receives:

Buffalo receives:

Come away with something like Legette & Franklin, and still have a high 3rd round pick plus a full complement of day three picks to fill out the roster.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This has been my best case scenario all along. Trade back with Washington since they desperately need a LT, in exchange get one of their 3rds. Then double dip at WR in the 2nd, trading up from #60 if necessary to make sure we get our guy.

Trade could look something like this to match the draft value chart:

Washington receives:

Buffalo receives:

Come away with something like Legette & Franklin, and still have a high 3rd round pick plus a full complement of day three picks to fill out the roster.

Good plan. If the Commanders are desperate, though, I'd drive a little harder of a bargain: I'd offer 28, 144, and 160 for 36 and 67. Moving up 8 is substantial. I'd then trade 67 and, say, 128 to move to the 50s and get the second receiver that we should be drafting. We can take Cole Bishop or D-line at 60 (depending on our plan for Justin Simmons); CB/LB at 133 and 163 (CB depth scares me; sequence depends on who is available); and developmental o-line/d-line in the sixth and 7th. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Good plan. If the Commanders are desperate, though, I'd drive a little harder of a bargain: I'd offer 28, 144, and 160 for 36 and 67. Moving up 8 is substantial. I'd then trade 67 and, say, 128 to move to the 50s and get the second receiver that we should be drafting. We can take Cole Bishop or D-line at 60 (depending on our plan for Justin Simmons); CB/LB at 133 and 163 (CB depth scares me; sequence depends on who is available); and developmental o-line/d-line in the sixth and 7th. 

My thought process all along has been using the 2025 2nd we got in the Diggs trade to move up into the low 50s. I think that would be enough to get it done. The idea being that you use the pick we got for a WR to draft his replacement. There are like 7 WRs that are worth being picked between 28 and 55. I want two of them.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

My thought process all along has been using the 2025 2nd we got in the Diggs trade to move up into the low 50s. I think that would be enough to get it done. The idea being that you use the pick we got for a WR to draft his replacement. There are like 7 WRs that are worth being picked between 28 and 55. I want two of them.

I'd save that 2025 second if possible because next year looks to be a GREAT edge draft, and they'll need one -- and presumably ammo to move up given that they have Josh freaking Allen as their qb. But I'm not averse to trading it either for the right deal.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I am fully down with trading back with washington if they have not moved up by 28.  I bet they only give 40 and 78 though and buffalo would give 28 and 144

this allows them to take two wr, an O an D lineman, Corner, Running back and a kicker by the end of the weekend.

if they blow out the whole draft for 1 wr I will see it as a major bummer.  If they use next years 1 I will be sick.  That is insanity for a wr.

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'd save that 2025 second if possible because next year looks to be a GREAT edge draft, and they'll need one -- and presumably ammo to move up given that they have Josh freaking Allen as their qb. But I'm not averse to trading it either for the right deal.

amen to that.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The only thing that makes me want to keep that 2025 2nd is that it would make for excellent insurance should we need to make a move at the trade deadline to cover for injuries for a key player. Beane has made moves the last 2 years. 

Would also be a great asset to keep in case the rookie WR isn't quite ready and we need more help there in season. Having 2 2nd rounders is money in the bank IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I am fully down with trading back with washington if they have not moved up by 28.  I bet they only give 40 and 78 though and buffalo would give 28 and 144

this allows them to take two wr, an O an D lineman, Corner, Running back and a kicker by the end of the weekend.

if they blow out the whole draft for 1 wr I will see it as a major bummer.  If they use next years 1 I will be sick.  That is insanity for a wr.

amen to that.

To be fair, if Rome Udonze gets past 10 (unlikely, in my view, but we'll see), I would have no problem using our 2025 first to move up and get him. He's going to be great, I think.

• Agree 2