Police searching for Rashee Rice in connection to accident - Now officially charged

SCBills

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Right. But in this case, Rice has admitted full guilt, turned himself in, is fully cooperating, and is going the total contrition, "throw himself on the mercy of the court" route.

In these types of cases, it's my understanding that prior legal history and a stance of remorse both play big parts, and Rice has been in absolutely no prior legal trouble, and is at least feigning (if not actually feeling) remorse.

At the end of the day, I STILL expect this to be plead down to lesser misdemeanor chargers, a hefty fine and financial restitution paid, no jail time, and no more than four games suspension. Likely just two.

That's my prediction and I'm stickin to it!

Seems logical.  Honestly - this is sort of how the justice system should work?  Ideally you give someone a sufficient enough punishment to change their behavior, and with no priors and a high profile job, you can be expected to have the fine and stuff to cover all the time lawyers/judges wasted, and restitution for the damages you caused, and some level of - if you're back here on similar charges, you're going to have a much worse time.  

I personally don't want to send everyone to jail for everything.  It's just a problem when having money is the reason that you don't get a charge - not... chances of reoccurrence.  At the same time, insurance companies aren't going to want to pay out when the driver was racing, possibly drunk, with a gun in the car.  So having money can pay some of that, whereas if you were broke doing the same thing?  I'm not sure what else they can do other than put you in jail.  

• Like (+1) 1

I do not expect any jail time etc. It will be a suspended license, probation, fines and community service. Kind of ridiculous if you think about it - because he got lucky no one died he does not end up like Ruggs. So the luck of the outcome is what is more important than the action. You should definitely get more severe punishment if someone dies...but if you do the exact same thing and no one dies it should not be the difference between many years in jail and nothing. That wont stop anyone from actually killing someone next time.

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, muppy said:

greetings.

My thinking is that by fleeing the accident he did save himself the DUI charges that he allegedly could have had otherwise.  It REEKS of being circumstantial he was partying when this all went down

So he did get over on that. How much penalty he saved himself by doing that is an interesting thought.

Maybe, maybe not.  Depends on the circumstances leading up to the collision.  If the DA can prove that he was boozing/smoking, and then driving erratically immediately thereafter, then he might have a problem with any crime analogous to what’s called common law DWI in New York State. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Right. But in this case, Rice has admitted full guilt, turned himself in, is fully cooperating, and is going the total contrition, "throw himself on the mercy of the court" route.

In these types of cases, it's my understanding that prior legal history and a stance of remorse both play big parts, and Rice has been in absolutely no prior legal trouble, and is at least feigning (if not actually feeling) remorse.

At the end of the day, I STILL expect this to be plead down to lesser misdemeanor chargers, a hefty fine and financial restitution paid, no jail time, and no more than four games suspension. Likely just two.

It’s not unheard of for something like this to get resolved through a plea to a misdemeanor, or to multiple misdemeanors.  If that’s your definition of special treatment, then . . . We simply may disagree there. I don’t think it’s outrageous to suggest no jail time for something like this.  Based on what little I know he probably deserves a little alone time, but a big fine, probation with some onerous terms (no drinking, IID, no drugs, no excessive speeding tix, maybe even a curfew), and perhaps some community service probably does the trick, too.  

The problem for Rice remains that there’s a lot of people looking at this case now, and he has a raft of pending felonies that the DA may not wish to resolve through a plea to a misdemeanor.  So this is going to take a little work.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What makes this different was that 4 other innocent people were injured in this street race.  Rice if he pleads guilty, to any one of these 5 felonies, he is going to be sued by the drivers that were injured in the crash.  That will lead civil trials and multi-million dollar lawsuits.  Both of those drivers of the vette and lambo are screwed.

He is done playing in the NFL once he goes to court.  KC will dump him.

Good riddance.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/10/2024 at 4:46 PM, FireChans said:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/rashee-rice-dallas-texas-crash-charges-kansas-city-chiefs-nfl/287-55b4ae10-a0c3-4bc3-b82d-a826d4b80ddf

DALLAS — An arrest warrant has been issued for Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice in connection to his involvement in a multi-vehicle crash on U.S. 75 in Dallas in late March, sources tell WFAA.

Rice, 23, now faces eight charges in the case -- six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury and one count of aggravated assault, according to the arrest warrant. All of the charges are felonies

What’s the nervous level at ?

@Billl

Smoke Signals Smoking GIF by Pierre-Julien Fieux
Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

What makes this different was that 4 other innocent people were injured in this street race.  Rice if he pleads guilty, to any one of these 5 felonies,  is going to be sued by the drivers that were injured in the crash.  That will lead civil trials and multi-million dollar lawsuits.  Both of those drivers of the vette and lambo are screwed.

He is done playing in the NFL once he goes to court.  KC will dump him.

Good riddance.

I don't know that KC will dump him.  Why would they dump him?

Rice will be sued by the drivers that were injured in the crash no matter what.  A civil lawsuit has a lower standard of proof 'more likely than not', and they have all kinds of evidence.

On 4/11/2024 at 10:53 AM, Logic said:

Very nice breakdown, but I'm going to go with a 6-8 game suspension.  

I don't know what the legal standards are to guess prison time or not, but I wouldnt imagine it'd be more than a few months. 

On the heels of Henry Ruggs and Britt Reid, I think the NFL wants this to look "right" and not like a slap on the wrist. 

Rice is so lucky no one died.  I bet he's on the straight and narrow for the remainder of his career.  

Edited by Chicken Boo

On 4/11/2024 at 12:13 PM, ngbills said:

I do not expect any jail time etc. It will be a suspended license, probation, fines and community service. Kind of ridiculous if you think about it - because he got lucky no one died he does not end up like Ruggs. So the luck of the outcome is what is more important than the action. You should definitely get more severe punishment if someone dies...but if you do the exact same thing and no one dies it should not be the difference between many years in jail and nothing. That wont stop anyone from actually killing someone next time.

Injuries count too And there were injuries.

So they found him then..,, 

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’m sure they’ll bury him under the prison, and the Chiefs will tear down the team and relocate to Portland. 

Before this happened, the Chiefs were the Superbowl favorites at +600. Now they’re the favorites at +550.

Edited by Billl

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I don't know that KC will dump him.  Why would they dump him?

Rice will be sued by the drivers that were injured in the crash no matter what.  A civil lawsuit has a lower standard of proof 'more likely than not', and they have all kinds of evidence.

These are all Felony charges and and they are not going to reduce all 5 to misdemeanor counts, if he is convicted of any of the felony charges he's going to jail. 

21 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

These are all Felony charges and and they are not going to reduce all 5 to misdemeanor counts, if he is convicted of any of the felony charges he's going to jail. 

I thought there were 8 felony charges?

1 hour ago, Billl said:

I’m sure they’ll bury him under the prison, and the Chiefs will tear down the team and relocate to Portland. 

Before this happened, the Chiefs were the Superbowl favorites at +600. Now they’re the favorites at +550.

But..

• Haha (+1) 1

Both Von Miller and Rice turned themselves in to the Glenn Heights police department. This is a tiny suburb outside of Dallas. Someone should investigate why nfl players turn themselves in there instead of Dallas police or other bigger suburbs 

2 hours ago, Billl said:

And what does this have to do with all the nonsense you spewed regarding the seriousness of the offenses!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Billl said:

I don’t think anyone believes another POS player will effect their ability to win a championship, if there’s a team who’s shown the ability to win with garbage character, It’s KC.

Ah the Kansas City Chief Offenders continue their stranglehold on immature, dangerous and knucklehead behavior.  Sure the 4 model citizens involved sauntered off as likely Under the Influence, holding some and in possession of firearms.  Ain't got time for dat!

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And what does this have to do with all the nonsense you spewed regarding the seriousness of the offenses!

What’s changed?  They’ll book him, and that will be that.  This was always going to happen.  I’m curious what you think this means for him.  Go on record.  Do you think he serves time?  Will he play in the NFL this year?

• Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, julian said:

I don’t think anyone believes another POS player will effect their ability to win a championship, if there’s a team who’s shown the ability to win with garbage character, It’s KC.

Certainly nobody can accuse the Bills of winning championships with their garbage character guys.

12 minutes ago, Billl said:

Certainly nobody can accuse the Bills of winning championships with their garbage character guys.

No matter how the few of you fans of other teams try, and sometimes succeed in passing yourselves off as posters will good intentions, you always expose yourselves sooner or later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

But when is the trial really going to be though, in a few years?

He will get a suspension but I would bet a lot of money he comes back at some point in 2024

2 minutes ago, julian said:

No matter how the few of you fans of other teams try, and sometimes succeed in passing yourselves off as posters will good intentions, you always expose yourselves sooner or later.

Yea I like Billl but that was low.  

3 hours ago, Billl said:

That's really weak, man. By the way, you never answered my simple follow up question in this other thread:

If you're gonna do nothing but write bad takes, at least do us the courtesy of coming back and admitting you were dumb. Like obviously you're just here as a troll but at least pretend otherwise, you know?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The longer this thread goes on, the worse you're making yourself look, Billl.

I'm even in agreement with you on the fact that not much will likely ultimately come of the Rashee Rice stuff, but...you're just not doing yourself any favors with with your hostility, condescension, and insults here.

Any time someone even insinuates that Rice MIGHT be in for some more serious legal trouble (which, again, I happen to think is unlikely), you turn rude and hostile, if not outright confrontational.

At this point, I'm starting to feel like maybe you should go back to Chiefs Planet. Your demeanor might fit in better there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, julian said:

You mean how you talk *****, and I respond in kind?

1 minute ago, Billl said:

You mean how you talk *****, and I respond in kind?

I simply stated widely reported truths about the many reported scum bags KC has employed over the years and agreed with you after you reminded everyone of the Chiefs SB odds.

Many teams have employed these low character players over the years including the Bills, just try to remember you’re on a Buffalo Bills forum before you decide to remind everyone that the Bills have no super bowls, or just be dick, your call.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

The longer this thread goes on, the worse you're making yourself look, Billl.

I'm even in agreement with you on the fact that not much will likely ultimately come of the Rashee Rice stuff, but...you're just not doing yourself any favors with with your hostility, condescension, and insults here.

Any time someone even insinuates that Rice MIGHT be in for some more serious legal trouble (which, again, I happen to think is unlikely), you turn rude and hostile, if not outright confrontational.

At this point, I'm starting to feel like maybe you should go back to Chiefs Planet. Your demeanor might fit in better there.

That’s BS.  I wasn’t hostile nor insulting to anyone until people started calling me out.  Is the rule here that Bills fans get to insult fans from other teams without response?

4 minutes ago, julian said:

I simply stated widely reported truths about the many reported scum bags KC has employed over the years and agreed with you after you reminded everyone of the Chiefs SB odds

New Era asked for my response to the events.  My response was that he’s not going to serve jail time, and it didn’t impact the Super Bowl odds.  In no way was I being an instigator.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Billl said:

That’s BS.  I wasn’t hostile nor insulting to anyone until people started calling me out.  Is the rule here that Bills fans get to insult fans from other teams without response?

New Era asked for my response to the events.  My response was that he’s not going to serve jail time, and it didn’t impact the Super Bowl odds.  In no way was I being an instigator.

You've taken on a different tone in this thread than I've ever seen from you here before. It's like the mere insinuation that Rice MIGHT face some legal repercussions has put you enough on edge that you shout down anyone who dares to mention the possibility. I get it, he's a very good player for your favorite team, and you don't want to believe that he'll miss any time, so the notion makes you defensive, so you push back against anyone who suggests it. But perhaps you could push back against the notion in a less condescending, less forceful way? Like...it's a message board. There is room for contrary opinion.

Or not. You do you. Just don't act surprised and victimized when, after several pages of essentially accusing anyone with a different view of the legal outcome in this case of being a bonehead, people suddenly get a bit fed up with the Chiefs fan who has decided to make it his job to tell all the Bills fan on a BILLS FORUM how wrong they are.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

@Billl

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Realistically, if I went to Chiefs planet or whatever cesspool you call home, and started trashing Chiefs fans and their critique of Diggs/the trade what would the response be?

Honestly, we all get this is the internet and you're welcome to voice your opinions but there's a thing called tact which you clearly lack.

If you want to have intelligent discussions about football or the Bills in general, this is the place. If you want to talk ***** to people about your favorite team go to fb, insta, or x and #Chiefs #NFL #Bills or whatever your proclivity. 

This is a Bills message board. Get over youself 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I thought there were 8 felony charges?

Some are still pending and not official until the indictment hearing.  The known charges were are at 6 for the collision involving bodily Injury and 1 for serious bodily injury and the other is aggravated assault, there are other charges coming so that number will grow.  I wouldn't be surprised to see vehicular assault added too. They have not added that charge yet.  But the DA is probably still working on additional charges.

On 3/31/2024 at 10:39 AM, Billl said:

Why would anyone be in custody?  It was a traffic accident.  There’s pictures of the drivers walking away on foot.  The cars have damage, but they aren’t mangled or anything.  Sounds like they were being stupid, but nobody’s getting arrested over speeding on the Dallas expressway unless they were driving impaired.

This did not age well. 

I don't know if Rice serves actual time behind bars or not. I would wager a better than decent chance he either misses the entire season or sits out a good 6 games or so on league suspension.

But to think someone who speeds because they are racing another sports car, causes a six car accident and LEAVES THE SCENE, wouldn't be brought into custody is something else. 

All this ugliness would’ve been avoided if @Billl had just said, “wow, sounds more serious than I thought it was gonna be.”

We would’ve all had a nice laugh and moved on.

Sometimes, being able to laugh a bit and a little humility goes a long way.

that’s why I strive to be humble and always admit when I am wrong (which is virtually never.)

• Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

All this ugliness would’ve been avoided if @Billl had just said, “wow, sounds more serious than I thought it was gonna be.”

We would’ve all had a nice laugh and moved on.

Sometimes, being able to laugh a bit and a little humility goes a long way.

that’s why I strive to be humble and always admit when I am wrong (which is virtually never.)

If Rice spends even one night in jail, I’ll come here and self flagellate over how wrong I was.  Lord knows I am long overdue to be wrong about a football-related opinion.

In the meantime, I’ll go on record.  Rice spends zero nights in jail.  He gets diversion and loses his license in TX for a year.  6 game suspension lowered to 4 on appeal.

It is what it is. Rice ***** up and will pay for it. So will The Chiefs. End of story. @Billl probably didn’t know all the circumstances surrounding the matter. Rice will serve a suspension and be back with the Chiefs. That’s the way it goes. We had our Rice years ago when Lynch mowed down that young lady.

Billl and Zerovoltz are good people. Let’s move on.

Edited by Beast
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

If Rice spends even one night in jail, I’ll come here and self flagellate over how wrong I was.  Lord knows I am long overdue to be wrong about a football-related opinion.

In the meantime, I’ll go on record.  Rice spends zero nights in jail.  He gets diversion and loses his license in TX for a year.  6 game suspension lowered to 4 on appeal.

Buddy, you said nobody was getting cuffed or going into custody.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1