Police searching for Rashee Rice in connection to accident - Now officially charged

SCBills

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

cops don't charge.

the DA won't have to "cook up" much---just go to the tape....

Leaving the scene of an accident (on camera!) where one victim of his driving decisions was sent by ambulance to the hospital isn't verrrrry careful aftermath handling...

Yeah I know. But you get the pojnt. 

9 hours ago, H2o said:

You notice how all three of them stepped out of the passenger side of the vehicle. The last one seemingly Rice who hopped across the center console to get out, and they immediately start walking away. 

garmin must be legitimately thrilled by this exposure 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Lamborghini was a rental. Signed a lease agreement stating only he could drive it. He's reported to have sent a text to the leasing company shortly after the crash, admitting he was involved and offering to pay for the Lambo. Yikes.

https://www.tmz.com/2024/04/02/rashee-rice-admit-drive-lamborghini-dallas-car-crash/

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Paying for the car, going into a "rehabilitation seminar" (2 hour sit-in seminar that amounts to nothing), taking a defensive driving course and getting suspended for 1 game is my guess as the punishment.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Paying for the car, going into a "rehabilitation seminar" (2 hour sit-in seminar that amounts to nothing), taking a defensive driving course and getting suspended for 1 game is my guess as the punishment.

Pretty much guarantees he was the one driving it, not just because he was the only one that was supposed to, but come on you rent that car you're the one that's going to ***** drive it.

Also just incredible that he seems to somehow be practically responsible on both sides of this race he was most definitely driving the rented car and owned the other car, and what are the odds that this went something like "Hey I rented this fast car can you drive my car and we can race?" if it wasn't the entire purpose in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Pretty much guarantees he was the one driving it, not just because he was the only one that was supposed to, but come on you rent that car you're the one that's going to ***** drive it.

Also just incredible that he seems to somehow be practically responsible on both sides of this race he was most definitely driving the rented car and owned the other car, and what are the odds that this went something like "Hey I rented this fast car can you drive my car and we can race?" if it wasn't the entire purpose in the first place.

So in this scenario, was he Cole Trickle or Rowdy Burns?

o20qm3.gif

16 hours ago, Jdragon2 said:

Don't do illegal *****. Then you don't gotta worry. 

And yes I realize that isn't your point, but they aren't goin round using it on people just living life.

feel free to hand over your rights, but not everyone elses

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

feel free to hand over your rights, but not everyone elses

You hand over your rights when you cause harm or will cause harm to others. That is basically the legal definition. 

Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it violates your "rights." 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

the point is they have what they need on him.  how many crimes are videotaped?

in 2024? almost all of them. it is almost surreal. Go back to the 60's. Go back to the early 80's. people would be blown away at the activities of our culture and the desire to express everything for verification. it's gross.

19 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes I remember those college days and being a loyal customer of Classic Luxury Rentals too and those $1,750 daily rental fees.😉  Rashee must have come from a very rich family.

My car from college didn't cost $1,750 total let alone that much per day. I remember being at the gas station asking myself how much money I had left vs how much a Subway sub costs so I could do the math to see how much gas I could afford. But I'm told I am privileged because I got to go to college (loans) and could afford a car (barely) so I guess it's all relative.

50 minutes ago, boyst said:

in 2024? almost all of them. it is almost surreal. Go back to the 60's. Go back to the early 80's. people would be blown away at the activities of our culture and the desire to express everything for verification. it's gross.

lol.  stop.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

lol.  stop.

hyperbole is fun.

but seriously, it never ceases to amaze me browsing social media and seeing the numerous crimes blatantly posted by the individuals committing them.  There is an entire IG profile for a man who drives a supposedly stolen modded up Z06 wrecklessly, outrunning cops, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

hyperbole is fun.

but seriously, it never ceases to amaze me browsing social media and seeing the numerous crimes blatantly posted by the individuals committing them.  There is an entire IG profile for a man who drives a supposedly stolen modded up Z06 wrecklessly, outrunning cops, etc.

Kia Boys here in ROC.

• Like (+1) 1

I think two things can simultaneously be true:

On the one hand: Rice was almost certainly driving one of the cars. He was involved in or caused an accident causing bodily harm to another person and then fled the scene, which is a misdemeanor potentially punishable by jail time.

On the other hand: He has good legal representation, money, is a star athlete, and some of the specific fine points of the incident may be difficult to definitively prove. And thus, he may get off with a fairly light punishment.

I simultaneously think that Rice is fully guilty AND that very little will come of it either legally or in terms of league punishment. Somewhere from 2 to 6 games suspension is what I expect.

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think two things can simultaneously be true:

On the one hand: Rice was almost certainly driving one of the cars. He was involved in or caused an accident causing bodily harm to another person and then fled the scene, which is a misdemeanor potentially punishable by jail time.

On the other hand: He has good legal representation, money, is a star athlete, and some of the specific fine points of the incident may be difficult to definitively prove. And thus, he may get off with a fairly light punishment.

I simultaneously think that Rice is fully guilty AND that very little will come of it either legally or in terms of league punishment. Somewhere from 2 to 6 games suspension is what I expect.

"Leaving the scene of an accident involving death or serious injury is a third-degree felony, punishable by 2 to 10 years in a state prison. If the injury is not serious, it is a felony punishable by up to one year in a county jail or up to five years in a state prison and/or a fine of up to $5,000."

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"Leaving the scene of an accident involving death or serious injury is a third-degree felony, punishable by 2 to 10 years in a state prison. If the injury is not serious, it is a felony punishable by up to one year in a county jail or up to five years in a state prison and/or a fine of up to $5,000."

Thanks for the correction. Felony, not a misdemeanor.

I stand by the rest of my post. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

little will come of this legally?

Yes, for the reasons that I stated.

The legal system somehow seems to have a way of working differently for people with money and for star athletes.

I know you feel differently and are projecting a different outcome. It's okay. We can agree to disagree on this topic.

• Like (+1) 1

He says he's sorry....

Rashee Rice: Police say they've now spoken with NFL player about hit-and-run : NPR

"I take full responsibility for my part in this matter and will continue to cooperate with the necessary authorities," he added. "I sincerely apologize to everyone impacted in Saturday's accident."

The people they hit are already getting lawyers.

5 minutes ago, beebe said:

it's 10.8 grams. that's equivalent to 0.38 ounces. which is nothing, and certainly doesn't rise to felony.

these aggregator accounts are awful. 

Great optics for the Chiefs. The couple he hit are in for some coin. 

15 minutes ago, beebe said:

it's 10.8 grams. that's equivalent to 0.38 ounces. which is nothing, and certainly doesn't rise to felony.

Which is probably why he fled the scene.  Likely would have been tested for DUI.

So all you Texas legal experts, what's worse?

-- leaving the scene of a wreckless driving accident where injuries occurred to avoid possible DUI

or

-- staying at the scene of a wreckless driving accident where injuries occurred with possible  DUI

Edited by wjag
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, wjag said:

Which is probably why he fled the scene.  Likely would have been tested for DUI.

So all you Texas legal experts, what's worse?

-- leaving the scene of a wreckless driving accident where injuries occurred to avoid possible DUI

or

-- staying at the scene of a wreckless driving accident where injuries occurred with possible  DUI

With a couple of quick Google searches, it seems that those guys knew the law very well. The possession charge is a class B misdemeanor as is leaving the scene of an accident. Both of those carry small fines and up to 180 days in the county jail. In Rice's favor, I did see that Dallas County has not been prosecuting low-level weed possession cases in recent years. A DUI accident with injuries, OTOH, is a third-degree felony that comes with 2-10 years in prison. The reckless driving is also a class B misdemeanor unless the other party is injured or they can prove that there was racing involved. All told, leaving the scene was a heartless but probably wise move in this case. He's still in a lot of trouble because there where injuries and it's pretty clear that they were racing. All that said, IANAL but I am an academic librarian so I'm pretty good at looking stuff up.

• Like (+1) 1

Why isnt this ***** in jail? Leaving the scene of an accident! Reckless driving, endanger other lives!  Avoiding a DUI? Anybody else would be in jail right now. Why isnt this guy in jail?

22 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

With a couple of quick Google searches, it seems that those guys knew the law very well. The possession charge is a class B misdemeanor as is leaving the scene of an accident. Both of those carry small fines and up to 180 days in the county jail. In Rice's favor, I did see that Dallas County has not been prosecuting low-level weed possession cases in recent years. A DUI accident with injuries, OTOH, is a third-degree felony that comes with 2-10 years in prison. The reckless driving is also a class B misdemeanor unless the other party is injured or they can prove that there was racing involved. All told, leaving the scene was a heartless but probably wise move in this case. He's still in a lot of trouble because there where injuries and it's pretty clear that they were racing. All that said, IANAL but I am an academic librarian so I'm pretty good at looking stuff up.

Probably called his lawyer while spinning in the car!

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Why isnt this ***** in jail? Leaving the scene of an accident! Reckless driving, endanger other lives!  Avoiding a DUI? Anybody else would be in jail right now. Why isnt this guy in jail?

Probably called his lawyer while spinning in the car!

When your lawyer is on 'speed dial', you're livin' the vida loca...😈

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Well that's not a good look.

1) In due course, pot will be legal everywhere in America, as it should be, though backward states like Texas may be the last to adapt.

2) If we are going to start caring about pot and enforcing anti-pot policies among ALL NFL PLAYERS, there will not be anyone left to play football.

Abandoning an accident scene with injured people who were receiving medical care is a serious offense.

The pot thing is not worth discussing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

Being a criminal is not about intelligence level.  These idiots were smart enough to leave the scene with their guns.  On top of the accident and drugs, being under the influence with guns would have been way worse.  Leaving the scene needs to be way more of a punishment than it is.

• Like (+1) 1

For what it's worth, I've since seen the "this much pot is a felony!" part redacted, and the correction noted that it is in fact a misdemeanor.

Nevertheless, between the pot and his admitting that he was driving the Lambo, chargeable offenses are starting to pile up for Rice.

The main questions are: How lenient will the judge be, given that he's a start athlete? How effective will his lawyer be in pleading the deal down to a lesser offense and avoiding jail time?

I think that the key determining factor in Rice's NFL career going forward will be whether or not he serves time in jail. If he winds up, say, paying a fine and settling out of court with the victims and doing community service, I think he'll get a 2-6 game suspension, do the usual Mea Culpa token apology tour, and go on with his career. If he serves time in jail, all bets are off.

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

1) In due course, pot will be legal everywhere in America, as it should be, though backward states like Texas may be the last to adapt.

2) If we are going to start caring about pot and enforcing anti-pot policies among ALL NFL PLAYERS, there will not be anyone left to play football.

Abandoning an accident scene with injured people who were receiving medical care is a serious offense.

It's not worth discussing from a moral or ethical standpoint, but it may complicate things for Rice from a legal standpoint because it happened in Texas.

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

For what it's worth, I've since seen the "this much pot is a felony!" part redacted, and the correction noted that it is in fact a misdemeanor.

Nevertheless, between the pot and his admitting that he was driving the Lambo, chargeable offenses are starting to pile up for Rice.

The main questions are: How lenient will the judge be, given that he's a start athlete? How effective will his lawyer be in pleading the deal down to a lesser offense and avoiding jail time?

I think that the key determining factor in Rice's NFL career going forward will be whether or not he serves time in jail. If he winds up, say, paying a fine and settling out of court with the victims and doing community service, I think he'll get a 2-6 game suspension, do the usual Mea Culpa token apology tour, and go on with his career. If he serves time in jail, all bets are off.

Betcha he wishes that he had been drafted by the Cowboys right about now. Joe Mixon got away with SO MUCH because the past two Hamilton County prosecutors are season ticket holders. 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

It's worth discussing when your seen fleeing from the scene of a crime and had been operating a motor vehicle with 10 grams of weed in the vehicle.

The legality of weed, I couldn't care less, the possibility of driving while intoxicated and avoiding getting caught by leaving is kind of a red flag for me.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Yeah, because he probably wasn’t higher than a kite when this happened.

Not worth discussing at all.

• Haha (+1) 1