Marquise Brown going to the Chiefs

Yeah, I had a feeling this was going to happen based on his last Twitch stream. He was streaming Mahomes highlights and saying that he was "going to text Creed (Humphrey) in the morning".

I'd like to think this might take them out of the conversation for WR in Round 1. But with MVS and Hardman as FA's, Toney being, well, Toney, and Skyy Moore seeming either a late bloomer who hasn't bloomed or a bust - they still have a lot of work to do even with Hollywood.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'd like to think this might take them out of the conversation for WR in Round 1. But with MVS and Hardman as FA's, Toney being, well, Toney, and Skyy Moore seeming either a late bloomer who hasn't bloomed or a bust - they still have a lot of work to do even with Hollywood.

No chance unfortunately …

Gotta get the better guy this time 

“Chiefs never give Mahomes any WR help”

Tyreek Hill

MVS 

RD2 Pick

Trade for a former RD1 Pick

Juju

RD2 Pick

Hollywood Brown

All while having an All-Time Tight End

Not all of that has worked out, but this narrative has.. and will always be.. hilarious

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

If the Bills would have signed Brown, Samuel would have gone to KC. It was always going to be this way.

too bad.  We could have done both if we wanted with Hollywood on a 1 year deal and still drafted someone.

But, Hollins is a well rounded big guy who can actually make plays and block. Which is more than we got from Sherfield

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

too bad.  We could have done both if we wanted with Hollywood on a 1 year deal and still drafted someone.

But, Hollins is a well rounded big guy who can actually make plays and block. Which is more than we got from Sherfield

That would make zero sense in terms of roster construction. 

We need to stagger WR contracts. 

Diggs is here this year and then who knows.

Shakir has this year and next on his rookie contract. 

Samuel on a 3 year deal. 

RD1 WR gives us 5 years, RD2 4 years. 

It always made sense to draft a guy high.  It’s beyond time we did that.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

$19m for both? I doubt it. And with Diggs and Samuel in house, I doubt Brown would want to be a possible WR3 when he can be unequivocally WR1 in Kansas City. 

When it comes to FA decisions, it's as much about what their role and usage is going to be as it is the money. 

Looks like this is gonna be a 1-year rental with him getting some incentives. Basically playing for a contract. Dirt cheap in the grand scheme of things and doesn't mean KC still won't make a play for another WR (possibly trading Sneed for one). They'll for sure take a WR with one of their first two picks.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

$19m for both? I doubt it. And with Diggs and Samuel in house, I doubt Brown would want to be a possible WR3 when he can be unequivocally WR1 in Kansas City. 

When it comes to FA decisions, it's as much about what their role and usage is going to be as it is the money. 

sign them at the exact same time  “surprise guys!!” 😂

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Tyreek Hill

MVS 

RD2 Pick

Juju

RD2 Pick

Hollywood Brown

Not all of that has worked out, but this narrative has.. and will always be.. hilarious

It’s worth noting that they commit to a lot of interchangeable small speedy inside guys. Even without Tyreek they don’t miss much. They never have anybody with size on the outside with much of any production. 

This is partially why I thought the Davis criticism was over blown. Not that we don’t need more weapons. But we have seen a number of offenses built around the TE and crisp route running. Diggs/Kincaide is a good enough pairing going forward. We need role players outside of 1 or 2 super stars. Davis is tremendously valuable as a role player. Big strong and speedy on the outside, with enough physicality to be a great run blocker. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

It’s worth noting that they commit to a lot of interchangeable small speedy inside guys. Even without Tyreek they don’t miss much. They never have anybody with size on the outside with much of any production. 

This is partially why I thought the Davis criticism was over blown. Not that we don’t need more weapons. But we have seen a number of offenses built around the TE and crisp route running. Diggs/Kincaide is a good enough pairing going forward. We need role players outside of 1 or 2 super stars. Davis is tremendously valuable as a role player. Big strong and speedy on the outside, with enough physicality to be a great run blocker. 

Fair, but Diggs/Kincaid need to actually play like superstars when it matters for this to work. 

Kincaid was just a rookie, so no issues there.  

Diggs keeps showing us who he is when it matters.  I struggle to call anyone elite when they don’t step up in the biggest moments. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah unless you’re a Chiefs fan , it most certainly is. 

Then don't let them get guys like Hollywood Brown or Xavier Worthy. They pick last almost every year and they still have the best roster in the league 

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

except Josh throws picks at a high rate whenever Gabe is targeted

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Tyreek Hill

MVS 

RD2 Pick

Juju

RD2 Pick

Hollywood Brown

I really wouldn't count Valdez-Scantling and Juju, but the organization has tried.  Certainly more than Buffalo has.  

I think the Chiefs wanted Samuel and pivoted to Brown when Curtis signed. Curtis is a more complete receiver and Hollywood is more a vertical threat.

Both signed for about the same amount of money difference was probably Curtis got 3 years when the Chiefs probably wanted less.

I’ll take it Curtis is a better receiver and Hollywood does what the Chiefs were looking for. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

(Brown has played over 100 more snaps than Samuel over the last two seasons)

Now do the year before that. Or don't cherry pick stats and do their whole careers. Chiefs got the better player for the better deal

• Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

except Josh throws picks at a high rate whenever Gabe is targeted

There was a chart a few months back that like 30 percent of Josh’s ints where when Gabe was in the area. As to who is to blame for that who knows.

It is notable that after Gabe left the Dolphins game Josh didn’t have an int the rest of the year and that included performances against two top 5 defenses. 

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Now do the year before that. Or don't cherry pick stats and do their whole careers. Chiefs got the better player for the better deal

We filled a need, and so did they. The differences are fairly negligible in the scheme of things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Tyreek Hill

MVS 

RD2 Pick

Juju

RD2 Pick

Hollywood Brown

Mahomes' receivers in the last four Super Bowls: 

Mecole Hardman, Tyreek Hill, Justin Watson, MVS, Richie James, Justyn Ross, Rashee Rice, Kadarius Toney, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Skyy Moore, Marcus Kemp, Gehrig Dieter, Byron Pringle, Demarcus Robinson, Sammy Watkins. 

Post-Tyreek, it's been especially terrible. 

2 minutes ago, beebe said:

Mahomes' receivers in the last four Super Bowls: 

Mecole Hardman, Tyreek Hill, Justin Watson, MVS, Richie James, Justyn Ross, Rashee Rice, Kadarius Toney, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Skyy Moore, Marcus Kemp, Gehrig Dieter, Byron Pringle, Demarcus Robinson, Sammy Watkins. 

Post-Tyreek, it's been especially terrible. 

Sure doesn’t seem like the best roster in the league kinda stuff. 

• Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Debatable

Samuel is bigger, faster and catches a higher % of balls

Brown has a cooler nickname and played with better qbs

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

?

It's not cherry picking. Samuel was injured for most of the 2021 season, playing just 84 snaps.

I don't agree that Brown is the better player. He does his one trick very well. I wanted a more versatile WR2 which is why I zeroed in on Mooney, Reynolds, and Samuel before FA. Now the door is open to draft a WR with dominant physical traits in the 1st round and plant him on the outside.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Will be his first year in a true pass-first system. 

brown.png

Edited by beebe
  • Like (+1) 1