Marquise Brown going to the Chiefs

Yeah, I had a feeling this was going to happen based on his last Twitch stream. He was streaming Mahomes highlights and saying that he was "going to text Creed (Humphrey) in the morning".

I'd like to think this might take them out of the conversation for WR in Round 1. But with MVS and Hardman as FA's, Toney being, well, Toney, and Skyy Moore seeming either a late bloomer who hasn't bloomed or a bust - they still have a lot of work to do even with Hollywood.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'd like to think this might take them out of the conversation for WR in Round 1. But with MVS and Hardman as FA's, Toney being, well, Toney, and Skyy Moore seeming either a late bloomer who hasn't bloomed or a bust - they still have a lot of work to do even with Hollywood.

No chance unfortunately …

Gotta get the better guy this time 

“Chiefs never give Mahomes any WR help”

Tyreek Hill

MVS 

RD2 Pick

Trade for a former RD1 Pick

Juju

RD2 Pick

Hollywood Brown

All while having an All-Time Tight End

Not all of that has worked out, but this narrative has.. and will always be.. hilarious

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

If the Bills would have signed Brown, Samuel would have gone to KC. It was always going to be this way.

too bad.  We could have done both if we wanted with Hollywood on a 1 year deal and still drafted someone.

But, Hollins is a well rounded big guy who can actually make plays and block. Which is more than we got from Sherfield

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

too bad.  We could have done both if we wanted with Hollywood on a 1 year deal and still drafted someone.

But, Hollins is a well rounded big guy who can actually make plays and block. Which is more than we got from Sherfield

That would make zero sense in terms of roster construction. 

We need to stagger WR contracts. 

Diggs is here this year and then who knows.

Shakir has this year and next on his rookie contract. 

Samuel on a 3 year deal. 

RD1 WR gives us 5 years, RD2 4 years. 

It always made sense to draft a guy high.  It’s beyond time we did that.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

$19m for both? I doubt it. And with Diggs and Samuel in house, I doubt Brown would want to be a possible WR3 when he can be unequivocally WR1 in Kansas City. 

When it comes to FA decisions, it's as much about what their role and usage is going to be as it is the money. 

Looks like this is gonna be a 1-year rental with him getting some incentives. Basically playing for a contract. Dirt cheap in the grand scheme of things and doesn't mean KC still won't make a play for another WR (possibly trading Sneed for one). They'll for sure take a WR with one of their first two picks.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

$19m for both? I doubt it. And with Diggs and Samuel in house, I doubt Brown would want to be a possible WR3 when he can be unequivocally WR1 in Kansas City. 

When it comes to FA decisions, it's as much about what their role and usage is going to be as it is the money. 

sign them at the exact same time  “surprise guys!!” 😂