Legal Tampering News (lets try to keep it all in one thread) - Begins today at 3/11 Noon

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Would be something if Beane got Diggs to rework his contract

He doesn't need to get the okay to re-structure Diggs. There's a rework of his deal that can be done that doesn't require his permission. It just seems to be something we don't want to do.

As for a Miller type thing, fat chance. Especially after seeing Ridley's contract today.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He doesn't need to get the okay to re-structure Diggs. There's a rework of his deal that can be done that doesn't require his permission. It just seems to be something we don't want to do.

As for a Miller type thing, fat chance. Especially after seeing Ridley's contract today.

Yes I’m aware. I was referring to the Von Miller rework

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

What Ridley's contract ought to tell folks is that it is imperative to get your really good WR on a rookie contract. But somehow, there's still a contingent that thinks we need to get DE and DL early, because Patrick Mahomes . . . 

Safety update…Still available, young starting caliber safeties. I added their age when the season starts…

Kamren Curl - 25

Mike Edwards -28

Julian Blackmon -26

K’Von Wallace -27

Jordan Fuller -26

Best player available is the 30 year old Justin Simmons. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

How else can you explain the Allen restrux? The money left on the table for this year has very little value over the rest of his contract. Only benefit is $8M kept in his pocket. 

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

I don’t think it can be done again same year. 

You can only restructure once per season, and Josh will certainly get restructured again next year. It shouldn't have to be explained that restructuring every player on the roster for the maximum amount isn't financially prudent, and can quickly create problems in the future. Just because Beane chose a measured response does not indicate that "Pegula is cheap."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If we can only restructure Josh's contract once for this season, then I would be shocked if we signed Armstead or any other significant free agent at this point.  The remaining amount that was available for the restructure seems to be the only realistic avenue to make this happen given the other holes that need to be addressed.

3 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

If we can only restructure Josh's contract once for this season, then I would be shocked if we signed Armstead or any other significant free agent at this point.  The remaining amount that was available for the restructure seems to be the only realistic avenue to make this happen given the other holes that need to be addressed.

They don’t need to make a major move to free money up to sign Armstead… provided they are happy to kick money down the road …

when they signed Floyd last year for $7m… they just added a few dummy years to the deal  and kicked $5m down the road … 

If Armstead is really coming …doubt they pay much more 

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Some rumors on the twittersphere are that Levi Wallace is coming back 

I’d be fine with that.  He can take over the vacancy from Dane Jackson leaving.  I’m sure he’d be pretty cheap too

• Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Some rumors on the twittersphere are that Levi Wallace is coming back 

Wallace posted that on his IG so seems probable

Taron (likely extension)

Douglas  (possible extension or trade)

Benford

Elam (possible trade)

Wallace

Edited by Warriorspikes51

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Taron (likely extension)

Benford

Elam (possible trade)

Wallace

I think Wallace makes a lot of sense given we'd just be looking for an off the bench Boundary CB. He'd probably come at the price we'd be willing to pay for that and has experience in the system.

I don't know if the IG post was a clue though. It was 1 of 10 photo's he posted that looked more to be saying 'hello' to his IG followers.

Elam is going to be here. He really has no trade value and even with Wallace, we'd still need another CB to fill the roster. We'd have to give him away and I don't think that's something we want to do after our investment. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Taron (likely extension)

Benford

Elam (possible trade)

Wallace

Is Douglas’ contract messed up due to the restructure of we move off him?

Were all debating where we can find money for Armstead…

What if we just move off Rasul Douglas and bring in Arik Armstead.  

If we bring back Levi, we have our emergency starter.  Benford locks down one spot.  Hopefully Elam can have a good summer.  Draft a corner or two. 

2 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Even if that’s a little bit true and he wants to hit his head against the wall with your theory, he did it at on a much cheaper scale that doesn’t hurt us one bit. I’m about that. 

Why sign depth players when you’re strapped for cash when you need starters. These guys ain’t gonna make a difference regardless. Save the ***** money until you get what you need first. Look at when they signed Poona last year, then they gotta go sign Douglas mid season. Signed Harty and Sherfield and could used the money for both to sign a more proven player.  It’s the same old *****. I understand they don’t have as much money to spend, but using it more wisely is my issue.  Beane has done it with the oline for years, tries to find guys that had one solid season and hope he can get consistent play out of them. This is who he is. It’s just now at the point he’s trying this ***** with more positions. Getting old

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Safety update…Still available, young starting caliber safeties. I added their age when the season starts…

Kamren Curl - 25

Mike Edwards -28

Julian Blackmon -26

K’Von Wallace -27

Jordan Fuller -26

Best player available is the 30 year old Justin Simmons. 

I like Wallace's versatility in he can play both Safety spots or even nickel CB. Toss in he has a new connection with our nickel DB coach who was also a safety coach in Tennessee.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

i fully expect Levi Wallace back. Surprised we let Jackson walk, though.  Wallace got scapegoated in '21.

I think we also save some of these conversions to bonus for the season to get money for injury signings.

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Contracts including restructure options at the team’s discretion are much more common these days, but not all contracts have them and some of the ones that do have restrictions. Diggs’ contract probably does, but there’s no way to tell for sure without seeing it. 

10 hours ago, QCity said:

You can only restructure once per season, and Josh will certainly get restructured again next year. It shouldn't have to be explained that restructuring every player on the roster for the maximum amount isn't financially prudent, and can quickly create problems in the future. Just because Beane chose a measured response does not indicate that "Pegula is cheap."

There is no rule against restructuring a contract more than once a season. Nor would players or teams want there to be one. That said, I’ve never seen it done. It would point to incompetence on the part of the team - or perhaps an extreme circumstance. 

The Bills chose to restructure Allen’s contract to the extent they did for a reason. It is where they want it and I would be shocked if they did it again this season. 

1 hour ago, boyst said:

i fully expect Levi Wallace back. Surprised we let Jackson walk, though.  Wallace got scapegoated in '21.

I think we also save some of these conversions to bonus for the season to get money for injury signings.

I don't agree with the bolded. I think most people put the blame on the coaching staff, rightly. But it is true that Wallace misplayed his assignment. I think he actually got away pretty lightly with it.

I'd happily take Levi back as a depth corner on vet minimum though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't agree with the bolded. I think most people put the blame on the coaching staff, rightly. But it is true that Wallace misplayed his assignment. I think he actually got away pretty lightly with it.

I'd happily take Levi back as a depth corner on vet minimum though. 

Immediately after the game and the short term shots were being fired in frustration in every direction. Levi Wallace bore a bunch and the team itself blamed him a lot. 

9 minutes ago, boyst said:

Immediately after the game and the short term shots were being fired in frustration in every direction. Levi Wallace bore a bunch and the team itself blamed him a lot. 

You can understand that from the players though to an extent. They are frustrated and they know instantly who has played their assignment incorrectly. I give Levi credit that I have heard him talk about it twice since and he has owned it and not looked to shift blame anywhere else. But in terms of blame from fans in the aftermath I think he was spared because people understandably were focussed on what the strategy was from the point we scored rather than the individual technicalities of what happened on each snap.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Translating Aaron.  "multiple teams interested" = a contract many are going to say WOW and will likely be another qualifying contract for the Compensatory Formula.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

So the Fords like gamblers on their team. Surprised Ridley didn't sign there

They have done a nice job turning the Lions around.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Poyer deal only 1 year/$2m. So we paid more for Rapp and Lewis. Interesting they would not bring back Poyer for 1 more year at that price but think Rapp and Lewis are worth bringing back. 

Poyer is just about done. His legs looked shot last year. He’s still a good player, but Bills are right to move on 

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Poyer is just about done. His legs looked shot last year. He’s still a good player, but Bills are right to move on 

Agree moving on. But at that price I bring him back as an insurance policy and let Lewis walk. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Agree moving on. But at that price I bring him back as an insurance policy and let Lewis walk. 

Id bring him back and let Rapp walk. There is no world in which Rapp is better even now than Poyer. Not. Even. Close.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Id bring him back and let Rapp walk. There is no world in which Rapp is better even now than Poyer. Not. Even. Close.

see below

14 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

somehow i find both are true on this.

the bills are right to move on (and i think we get a replacement in the draft).

but the bills should have kept him and let Rapp walk. I like Neal.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

see below

Poyer is no longer an all pro as he was at his peak, sure. But even now he can play. He was still above average last year. And Rapp was not. 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

see below

Neal was horrible in coverage in most times he asked to play on defense.