Trubisky Released

HurlyBurly51

9 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I'd take him back.  What say you?

Yea so would I. I doubt he can command the size of backup deal he had here before. But he is definitely better than Kyle Allen and so I'd be in on him if he wanted to come cheap. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

What has Trubisky done in the last 4 seasons to make us think he is better than any other back up caliber player?

My answer is nothing, maybe he has proven to be below that level. 

I do think there is value in finding an experienced starter from a power 5 late in the draft. 4 years of very low rookie contract $$.

Edited by The Cincinnati Kid

10 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

Find a physical QB who can play WR who appears to have good hands for catching snaps to reduce chances of fumble.

Maybe that QB can do the run up middle as well.

Saves a roster space.  Make sure there is a candidate on PS squad for injuries.

How about a WR who can play QB? Isaiah Williams (Illinois) is likely to be available between the 5th and 7th rounds, and is actually very high on my "Underrated WR" rankings. This interview is worth a watch; seems like a process guy, with a little bit of James Cook slippery, a QB brain, and high production as a WR. Definitely one to watch:

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

How about a WR who can play QB? Isaiah Williams (Illinois) is likely to be available between the 5th and 7th rounds, and is actually very high on my "Underrated WR" rankings. This interview is worth a watch; seems like a process guy, with a little bit of James Cook slippery, a QB brain, and high production as a WR. Definitely one to watch:

Eh, reminds of a poor man's Khalil Shakir. He was mainly used like Isaiah McKenzie, little shovels and WR screens. That's a pass for me. 

18 minutes ago, H2o said:

Eh, reminds of a poor man's Khalil Shakir. He was mainly used like Isaiah McKenzie, little shovels and WR screens. That's a pass for me. 

Well, I can see that, but also, we have some spare picks late in the draft (see below). Might be worth a flier over a Luke Tenuta or a Dez Lewis... Just sayin'.

Screen Shot 2024-02-13 at 8.50.20 AM.png

1 hour ago, H2o said:

6th or 7th round flier, sure. But he was the guy I thought had the best chance to really help himself at the Shrine Bowl and he was a disappointment. Don't see a lot explosion from him, looks like a relatively slow slot guy. Now that doesn't mean he can't play, Beas was a slow slot guy - but he was an UDFA for that reason.  

27 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I'd replace McD with Trubisky.  Hear me out...  He has never lost to Mahomes as a coach. 

And he has a tenuous link to Kyle Shanahan.... which makes you God around here these days in that Shanahan and Lynch traded out of the spot where the Bears picked Trubisky. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I’d rather roll the dice on a promising rookie. Idk why these lucrative back up spots go to proven trash

I think this IS a draft to take a shot on a day 3 rookie. But most of them don't pan out. So you have to have a vet as well. If a rookie goes to camp and wins the #2 job, great! 

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think this IS a draft to take a shot on a day 3 rookie. But most of them don't pan out. So you have to have a vet as well. If a rookie goes to camp and wins the #2 job, great! 

Tyrod is now available and is ten times better than Trubisky as a backup. Just sayin' ...

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Tyrod is now available and is ten times better than Trubisky as a backup. Just sayin' ...

I am not sure he would re-sign here would he? But I wouldn't hate the idea of Tyrod. I actually like the idea of Mason Rudolph if he shakes free. If you get the cut loose version we saw for the Steelers this year that is a guy you can win some games with if needs be.

I'm fine with bringing Trubisky back on a team-friendly deal.  He's better than Kyle Allen and could keep the team afloat for a few weeks, if Josh were injured.  I don't see Mitch going into KC and willing the team to victory, but could he beat the Jests or Pats in Buffalo?  Sure.  He's a good fit for the Bills' system and situation, better than he was for the Steelers' and the Bills were not going to (and are not going to have to) pay him what the Steelers were paying him.  I also advocate drafting a day-3 QB to develop as a potential future backup.  Kind of like a Jake Fromm who doesn't suck.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, NoName said:

Zach Wilson is better than Mitch and Kyle Allen.

Exactly.

I've always liked Wilson. I just thought that he should have stayed at Brigham Young for another year before he went pro.

Then he gets picked by the Jets and that was it. 

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not sure he would re-sign here would he? But I wouldn't hate the idea of Tyrod. I actually like the idea of Mason Rudolph if he shakes free. If you get the cut loose version we saw for the Steelers this year that is a guy you can win some games with if needs be.

I think Mason Rudolph will be the starter in Pittsburgh next year. I also think that someone will try to revive Mac Jones' career. Atlanta? He's better than anyone they currently have on the roster at QB. The OC they just hired is from the Shanahan coaching tree via McVey. I think Mac Jones could do the Tua/Purdy thing. The Pats tried to insert Mac into the Brady offense. That was never going to work. But he could be a point guard. I like this idea the more that I think about it.

He is not a good QB, 

He looked like he didn't know the playbook. Got benched for Rudolph. If he gets another job I'd be surprised. He needs to send Beane and Allen a xmas card every year for the 20 million dollar gift that they got him from Pittsburgh. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.