Its Pretty Obvious why the Chiefs win every year

gonzo1105

First lets start by saying I hate their guts if only because of how good they are every year and they most years eliminate our Buffalo Bills.  I will also fully recognize that probably this post will get crapped on by most Bills fans but the truth hurts sometimes.

This post will be an extension of another poster bringing it up but the reason why the Chiefs win every year is because they have the most top end players and coaching in the league and they always show up when the lights are the brightest.

Patrick Mahomes- Is the best QB in the league. Comes through 95% of the time with the game on the line and very rarely fails come playoff time. Josh Allen is a very close 2nd but doesn't have the supporting cast that he does.

Creed Humphrey/Joe Thuney, Trey Smith- Individually 2 out of the 3 could be in the argument for the best Center and Guard at their positions in the league and collectively are definitely the best interior line in football.

Travis Kelce- Maybe not the best TE this season and was shut down very early in the Super Bowl but as the game rolled on there was his presence. No bigger than the 22 yard scamper down the sideline to tie the game at the end of regulation. 9 catches for 93 yards.

Chris Jones- Maybe not huge on the stat line tonight but affected the pass and run game all night for the Chiefs. Makes the QB get off their mark. Cost the Bills at go ahead TD in the divisional game, harrassed Jackson and Purdy in both of the other games.

Trent McDuffie- All over the field making tons of plays and have sticky coverage. He might be the best slot CB in the league and he is still very young. Played great tonight.

L'Jarius Sneed- For the most part was good tonight besides giving up the TD to Jennings which was even still pretty good coverage. Gave up 1 TD all season long and could arguably considered the best outside CB in the NFL.

Harrison Butker- Guy has been as good if not better than Justin Tucker these last couple of seasons and there he was again tonight burying at 57 yards FG  and then hitting the 28 yarder to get the game into OT. Tucker probably still the best Kicker but to me its 1A and 1B.

Andy Reid/Steve Spagnuolo- They continue to make adjustments at halftime and win games for their team. Spagnuolo was getting gashed early in the game in multiple ways but essentially shut down the 49ers offense in the 2nd half. The Chiefs also held the Bills to 7 second half points and completely shut down the Ravens in the AFC title game.

This doesn't even include the plethora of really good other players that they have including Pacheco, Rice, Karlaftis, Nnadi, Bolton, Gay, Justin Reid, and Townsend.

To me for the Bills, to get to the Chiefs level, they need to acquire more high end talent. It is simply amazing to me that Josh Allen has almost single handedly willed this Bills franchise to wins against the Chiefs in the playoffs. The Bills have talented players besides Allen but not to the level that the Chiefs. You can argue for Bills guys sure but at most positions the Chiefs have a guy who is better with the exception of LB and WR.

• Like (+1) 16
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Coaching.  Reid is one of the, if not the best offensive minds in the game.  Decades of honing his craft.  And since he's HC, he's not going anywhere (unless he retires).  And Spags is the guy who shut down the Cheaters in the SB twice.

3 minutes ago, MPT said:

No injuries ever?

This as well.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

No injuries ever?

They had injuries including tonight. They were missing Joe Thuney and Derrick Nnadi a starting Guard and DT. They missed Pacheco for a couple of games. Didn't have Bolton for a stretch of the season.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

No injuries ever?

They did miss Thuney tonight. And they lost a Superbowl by virtue of being down both tackles. But sure they have stayed pretty healthy overall for their post season runs.

They keep winning because top to bottom they are the best. A great GM, the best QB, with a very good collection of key pieces around him and a future HoF coach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

They did miss Thuney tonight. And they lost a Superbowl by virtue of being down both tackles. But sure they have stayed pretty healthy overall for their post season runs.

They keep winning because top to bottom they are the best. A great GM, the best QB, with a very good collection of key pieces around him and a future HoF coach.

It helps when the refs don't call holding...

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

When I compare both QBs what stands out is that Mahomes has attitude and discipline. Allen lacks both of these traits. Well, the last time Allen showcased attitude was that first playoff game against the Chiefs. He played is ass off, but the defense let them down. Another issue that obviously an issue.

This year, the defense let the Bills down again. So, it’s why they need to use their first 2 or 3 picks on defense.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

the chiefs are a lot like the patriots dynasty teams.    great D, very smart efficient O.   2nd half is like playing a different team due to adjustments.

back in the day when the bills werent great, there were still games where they gave the pats a run for their money..  yet when the pats had to 

step up and play a much tougher opponent, they seemed to always find a way to step up one more notch, one more gear.

thats the chiefs right now.   Very strong player wise but also very smart and aware of the situation around them.  any deficiencies the coaching 

finds a way to make up for. 

one more thing.   chiefs also usually have luck on their side and health.

Edited by Comebackkid
  • Like (+1) 1

Mahomes is as cool as ice in clutch moments. I hate that he keeps winning and my friends were laughing at me at how upset I got with the 49ers losing (not a team I routinely support) but I have to admit it...

When it's crunch time and the game, the season, the championship is on the line, if I can pick one player to make it happen, it's Mahomes. I hate it but that's the truth.

• Like (+1) 4

The Bills had the Chiefs on the ropes when we had an absolutely shredded defense from injuries.

The Bills defense, barring catastrophic injuries, will be much better next season.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Spagnola is the problem. Reid and Mahomes have had him as DCoordinator in every SB win. They have good players but his system gets the most out of them. Tough to beat Mahomes and Reid when you can only muster 22-24 points a game. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Beast said:

The Bills had the Chiefs on the ropes when we had an absolutely shedded defense from injuries.

The Bills defense, barring catastrophic injuries, will be much better next season.

We say this every year, with some type of excuse on why the Bills didn't get past the Chiefs, but every year nothing changes and the Chiefs are where the Bills want to be. The sole argument you have is that McDermott has been here the whole time and he's not as good as Reid which I don't think anyone would doubt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, MPT said:

No injuries ever?

I remember a couple of years ago when the Bills were traditionally pretty healthy. These past two seasons have been brutal.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Not crapped on by me.  It blows my mind how many Bills fans out there think we have a better roster from top to bottom than the Chiefs do.  Makes me wonder what games these people are watching LOL

I think it’s very close honestly…both teams at full strength leans buffalo imo.  It’s certainly not top to bottom though 😂. If you give us one of Milano/bernard back and they could return any injured player to their lineup it’s a much different game 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

> Patrick Mahomes- Is the best QB in the league. Comes through 95% of the time with the game on the line and very rarely fails come playoff time. Josh Allen is a very close 2nd but doesn't have the supporting cast that he does.

Josh has not been clutch when we needed (at the level of Mahomes).  He could have won the game against the Chiefs...But just like Purdy did not get the TD to win the game. 

> Chris Jones- Maybe not huge on the stat line tonight but affected the pass and run game all night for the Chiefs. Makes the QB get off their mark. Cost the Bills at go ahead TD in the divisional game, harrassed Jackson and Purdy in both of the other games.

We don't have a game changer like Chris Jones,  He made so many plays to keep their defense in the game while the offense was struggling in the first half.  We should have paid him instead of Miller.

McDuffee, Butker, Sneed are draft picks that have panned out...The bills drafts have not been that good...we have got good players but not the ones that are best at their position.

Reid and Spagnola -  FOr them to go on the road and knock the #2 and #1 seeds in the AFCD and  AFCC tells everything about this coaching staff.  They are not afraid at anything including bringing in a yought movement.   MCDermott needs to learn to trust his young players and let them play and make mistakes.  When you depend on the guy sitting in the couch in the playoffs you are doomed.  This is the downfall of McDermott. 

> To me for the Bills, to get to the Chiefs level, they need to acquire more high end talent

The Bills need to draft well and then play them...   This is on Beane and McDermott.  I see 2024 as the last year for both of them if they don't win the big dance., For that they have a lot of hard park to put.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills had the Chiefs on the ropes when we had an absolutely shredded defense from injuries.

I would bet the Chiefs offense will be much better next season too. 

The difference between the Bills and the Chiefs play to win and take chances. Like I said in the Superbowl thread. The difference in the game was KC played to win,  where as  San Fran played not to lose.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

This is as simple and straight to the point as you can get. 

HoF HC

Arguably best DC in NFL

HoF QB

The end. 

Not just HOF worthy. Both Reid and Mahomes are in contention for the best of all time at HC and QB. If they go win one or two more, which is completely possible, if not probable, it won't even be a contest anymore.

It is extremely sucky to be in the AFC right now. But the Bills have beaten the Chiefs in the regular season multiple times now. Nobody else in the AFC has a chance to be a thorn in their side like the Bills do. Just get it done in the playoffs one of these years, please. If we get past then I know we'll win the Superbowl.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Hard disagree on ‘josh has not been as clutch as mahomes’…he’s been every bit as clutch.  The defense just cannot make gamechanging plays and josh has to play a 100% perfect game to win.

mahomes was very far from perfect tonight and got the w regardless because they have a game wrecker on defense that always shows up. I don’t think mahomes has played well for anywhere close to 60 minutes in a Super Bowl and their defense/special teams always have a big impact. Josh has not had that luxury in any playoff game…

heck we would’ve lost to Indy in the first round that year we made the afc championship if Josh didn’t go full Superman.  The defense did everything they could to lose that one 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Hard disagree on ‘josh has not been as clutch as mahomes’…he’s been every bit as clutch.  The defense just cannot make gamechanging plays and josh has to play a 100% perfect game to win.

mahomes was very far from perfect tonight and got the w regardless because they have a game wrecker on defense that always shows up. I don’t think mahomes has played well for anywhere close to 60 minutes in a Super Bowl and their defense/special teams always shows up.  Josh has not had that luxury 

It has to be one or the other man. You first said that the Bills and Chiefs roster are close and that you would actually lean towards the Bills but then in this post you state that Mahomes is afforded the luxury of having a great defense and top end players (Chris Jones). I get you'll fall back on the bills injuries this year but then what are the excuses for the 2021 and 2022 seasons on why the Chiefs made it further when the Bills weren't ravaged by injuries and have a roster that you think is slightly better?

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

They had injuries including tonight. They were missing Joe Thuney and Derrick Nnadi a starting Guard and DT. They missed Pacheco for a couple of games. Didn't have Bolton for a stretch of the season.

Huh!? If we had White, Milano and Von wed smoke them. Maybe you should switch teams!?

• Haha (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Pacheco and Bolton both played most of the year and the entire playoffs.

Pennel was an upgrade to Nnadi.

And apparently you don't need quality guard play when you can just hold on every play.

Basically, none of those guys affected their game. Give us either Milano or Bernard, nevermind both, nevermind the rest of our defensive starters who were out against the Chiefs, and we're probably celebrating right now.

29 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I remember when KC traded up in front us to get McDuffie and thinking “man I hope he sucks and the better player falls to us”.

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

I mean, it sucks that the Chiefs got a good player.

But McDuffie's size and arm length pretty much guaranteed he'd be a Nickel CB. He's a great one at that, but so is Taron Johnson (McDuffie is 1st Team AP, Taron is 2nd) and we already had him in house. 

We weren't in the market for a Nickel CB. We needed a Boundary CB.

Well yeah, it should've been clear for a long time he's the best QB in the league.

"Down year" or not, he was still a 2x SB winner/2 x MVP. Now he's a 3x SB winner out of 4x SB appearances (in only 6 years). But just as the Bucs & Rams showed everyone, you don't have to have the BEST QB in the league.

Just get into the postseason & play your best football at the end of the year. Oh, and having a top 5 QB also helps... but they don't need to be #1 in the league! 😅

7 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

It has to be one or the other man. You first said that the Bills and Chiefs roster are close and that you would actually lean towards the Bills but then in this post you state that Mahomes is afforded the luxury of having a great defense and top end players (Chris Jones). I get you'll fall back on the bills injuries this year but then what are the excuses for the 2021 and 2022 seasons on why the Chiefs made it further when the Bills weren't ravaged by injuries and have a roster that you think is slightly better?

Haha why did you type all this when you already know my answer 😂. If you’re lurking all my posts I have stated multiple times I think we win fairly comfortably with one of Milano/bernard starting over aj klein.  Klein got straight up humiliated by the chiefs.  Dump aj Klein in place of Bolton on the chiefs roster and I’m not sure they make it out of the first round. He’s a practice squad level talent at this stage of his career playing one of the most important positions on the field 

I have never said I’ve thought the bills were ALWAYS better than the chiefs.  Chiefs definitely had the edge the year we went to the afc championship…think it’s pretty even these days though and people are overreacting to back to back absurdly close playoff losses personally 

I respect it if you disagree but i don’t think there’s any inconsistencies in my posts at all 😂

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha why did you type all this when you already know my answer 😂. If you’re lurking all my posts I have stated multiple times I think we win fairly comfortably with one of Milano/bernard starting over aj klein.  Klein got straight up humiliated by the chiefs.  Dump aj Klein in place of Bolton on the chiefs roster and I’m not sure they make it out of the first round. He’s a practice squad level talent at this stage of his career playing one of the most important positions on the field 

I have never said I’ve thought the bills were ALWAYS better than the chiefs.  Chiefs definitely had the edge the year we went to the afc championship…think it’s pretty even these days though and people are overreacting to back to back absurdly close playoff losses personally 

How am I lurking? I created this thread. Of course I'm going to read every post on something that I created.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I remember when KC traded up in front us to get McDuffie and thinking “man I hope he sucks and the better player falls to us”.

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

Remember when we traded down & gave the Chiefs Mahomes?

Should've just traded with the Jets or something, that way you know he'd never amount to anything...

20 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Mahomes is as cool as ice in clutch moments. I hate that he keeps winning and my friends were laughing at me at how upset I got with the 49ers losing (not a team I routinely support) but I have to admit it...

When it's crunch time and the game, the season, the championship is on the line, if I can pick one player to make it happen, it's Mahomes. I hate it but that's the truth.

Yeah that gimme TD after the punt debacle and the final walk-in toss to Hardman were legendary. He really nailed those 4 field goals too. Amazing stuff.

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

How am I lurking? I created this thread. Of course I'm going to read every post on something that I created.

Haha thought it was two different threads…that is my bad.  Still don’t see the inconsistencies at all though man.  None of those playoff teams is winning it all with Klein forced into the starting lineup and I don’t believe that’s even debatable 

21 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Spagnola is the problem. Reid and Mahomes have had him as DCoordinator in every SB win. They have good players but his system gets the most out of them. Tough to beat Mahomes and Reid when you can only muster 22-24 points a game. 

There it is.  Yep.

Their offense is not why they won the SB this season. 

The story of their season was the defense it was the first words out of Reid’s and Mahomes mouth in postgame.  

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Do you remember trading down with KC? 

Mahomes is already a HOF QB and McD chose a CB and a first round pick instead. 

Would he have developed the same with the bills though?  I don’t think we know that for sure.  Josh got straight up thrown to the wolves it’s kind of a miracle it worked out 😂

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

Coaching.  Reid is one of the, if not the best offensive minds in the game.  Decades of honing his craft.  And since he's HC, he's not going anywhere (unless he retires).  And Spags is the guy who shut down the Cheaters in the SB twice.

This as well.

I mean, how often does Mahomes throw to a wide open receiver? Reid is amazing at what he does.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean, it sucks that the Chiefs got a good player.

But McDuffie's size and arm length pretty much guaranteed he'd be a Nickel CB. He's a great one at that, but so is Taron Johnson (McDuffie is 1st Team AP, Taron is 2nd) and we already had him in house. 

We weren't in the market for a Nickel CB. We needed a Boundary CB.

Taron Johnson is nowhere near the cover CB that McDuffie is.  His technique is not that good.  He is a tough smart player.  And a great tackler.  But not at the same level in coverage as McDuffie

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.