Woody Johnson delivers ultimatum to Jets leadership, praises Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Pecos Bills said:

Bills have been to 6 AFCCGs in the past 35 years.

Twice as many as the Jets.

Who cares?

AND THE YANKEES WON 27 CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Edited by Gugny

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

The Sabres are the sacrifice we need to keep Terry Pegula busy and not meddling in the football operations.

Night and day difference between orgs. 

At least we have the 2023 world NLL champions Buffalo Bandits 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This is where you see what kind of an idiot Johnson is. First off, I fully acknowledge that Wilson has looked bad. No argument.

However, they picked him so high because they saw some talent in him. And truthfully, that potential is still there IMO. They have done nothing but jerk the kid around almost refusing to give him proper grooming. They stuck him behind one of the worst OLs I have ever seen and then blamed Wilson for not winning. They messed this kid up. While he was never going to be a Mahomes or Allen, they totally destroyed any shot of him being a decent NFL starter.

Then on top of it, they go ahead and the owner says something like this that eliminated any (small) value Wilson still had on the way out. No wonder Wilson reportedly wasn't interested in playing the last few games for the Jets. 

I really hope he ends up somewhere that can help him recalibrate a bit. 

Wilson is a bust.  He was overdrafted to begin with and the staff didn't have much to work with.  He came with an attitude & alienated a lot of the players in the locker room by the middle of his 2nd season.  

It wasn't the coaching staff that messed up Wilson.  In Bills terms he's the 2nd coming of EJ Manuel, only Manuel never copped an attitude that lost the locker room.  .  

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

They did Wilson the same way the Browns did Mayfield. These 2 organizations are almost identical in the idiotic moves they make.  They deserve everything they get.

Wilson never won a playoff game or even got his team into one.  Mayfield won a playoff game with Cleveland.  

The Jets did Wilson like the bust he is.  

• Dislike 1

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

Wilson is a bust.  He was overdrafted to begin with and the staff didn't have much to work with.  He came with an attitude & alienated a lot of the players in the locker room by the middle of his 2nd season.  

It wasn't the coaching staff that messed up Wilson.  In Bills terms he's the 2nd coming of EJ Manuel, only Manuel never copped an attitude that lost the locker room.  .  

Wilson also showed growth and maturity last season in the way he handled his benchings. Took full blame. Complete 180 from the year before. Jet insiders have said multiple times how well liked he now is inside the locker room. 

And sorry, if you can't see they way they messed up the dudes confidence with all the "benched, unbenched" they played with him and by hiring that idiot Hackett...I don't know what to tell ya.

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Wilson also showed growth and maturity last season in the way he handled his benchings. Took full blame. Complete 180 from the year before. Jet insiders have said multiple times how well liked he now is inside the locker room. 

And sorry, if you can't see they way they messed up the dudes confidence with all the "benched, unbenched" they played with him and by hiring that idiot Hackett...I don't know what to tell ya.

I know what I can tell you.  I listen to the NYC sports radio stations & have a much better picture on Wilson's lack of development than you have.  He got benched due to lousy play. If his attitude improved, then why did he want to sit out the end of this season?  The guy on the bench can be well like when he's not screwing up things on the field.  Big deal, he stopped blaming others this year. 

Hackett sucks, but so does Wilson.  A perfect storm of bad QB/bad OC.   

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I know what I can tell you.  I listen to the NYC sports radio stations & have a much better picture on Wilson's lack of development than you have.  He got benched due to lousy play. If his attitude improved, then why did he want to sit out the end of this season?  The guy on the bench can be well like when he's not screwing up things on the field.  Big deal, he stopped blaming others this year. 

Ok, so being spoonfed NYC media's opinions  makes you better informed. Got it. That really helps me know how seriously to take your response. Thanks for saving my time here.

• Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They told him he would be traded in the offseason and he would be inactive the rest of the year. Sounds like he made a business decision, just like the Jets did when they benched him for Boyle.

And its a non-story too because he did start two games after that and promptly got hurt behind the ***** Oline they gave him

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Ok, so being spoonfed NYC media's opinions  makes you better informed. Got it. That really helps me know how seriously to take your response. Thanks for saving my time here.

I am better informed & hardly spoonfed.  The more information one has, the better to come to an informed conclusion.  You'll see I was right when Wilson becomes the next EJ Manuel.  

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I am better informed & hardly spoonfed.  The more information one has, the better to come to an informed conclusion.  You'll see I was right when Wilson becomes the next EJ Manuel.  

This is now the second time that unprompted you felt the need to tell me you are "better informed"...without ever taking a moment to ponder where and from whom I get my information from.

Now, I'm not by any means a young man anymore. However, through age often times comes wisdom. Life lessons, so to speak. One of the most accurate life lessons I have learned is that the individual that has to publicly crow about how much more they know than everyone else more times than not is the least knowledgeable person in the room. Often times they are just a loudmouth blowhard. Now, I'm absolutely not saying that this applies to you as we have never met in person to my knowledge and it's impossible to form accurate opinions on a person from online interactions. So, definitely not saying that you are in fact a loudmouth nor a blowhard. But it would be very interesting to meet in person and see if this theory holds true. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Lol the Jets haven't made the playoffs in 13 seasons. They are rivaling the Bills drought

When they hit 17 years, or if we win two super bowls, then we can stalk smack. 

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This is now the second time that unprompted you felt the need to tell me you are "better informed"...without ever taking a moment to ponder where and from whom I get my information from.

Now, I'm not by any means a young man anymore. However, through age often times comes wisdom. Life lessons, so to speak. One of the most accurate life lessons I have learned is that the individual that has to publicly crow about how much more they know than everyone else more times than not is the least knowledgeable person in the room. Often times they are just a loudmouth blowhard. Now, I'm absolutely not saying that this applies to you as we have never met in person to my knowledge and it's impossible to form accurate opinions on a person from online interactions. So, definitely not saying that you are in fact a loudmouth nor a blowhard. But it would be very interesting to meet in person and see if this theory holds true. 

Geographically, I have an advantage in obtaining knowledge of NY teams.  That's just the facts that you refuse to acknowledge. If you are living in the NYC area, I'll admit you have better sources, but if you don't live with reach of the NYC media, maybe you're the blowhard. 

12 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Geographically, I have an advantage in obtaining knowledge of NY teams.  That's just the facts that you refuse to acknowledge. If you are living in the NYC area, I'll admit you have better sources, but if you don't live with reach of the NYC media, maybe you're the blowhard. 

You do realize in today's day and age you can stream pretty much anything from pretty much anywhere? And I don't understand the name calling. I specifically said I wasn't referring to you as a blowhard.

I mean, I'm starting to think that if your hearing comprehension is as terrible as your reading comprehension you may just not be as informed as you claim. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Honestly, I know this will be unpopular but I would consider having him here as QB3 and see if the improvement in coaching and talent around him can help rebuild him. And I think being in the room with Josh would give him a different approach. Maybe turns into a good backup.

QB2 even. 

I see flashes in Wilson. 

Not starter flashes, but he can be a backup for sure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

You do realize in today's day and age you can stream pretty much anything from pretty much anywhere? And I don't understand the name calling. I specifically said I wasn't referring to you as a blowhard.

I mean, I'm starting to think that if your hearing comprehension is as terrible as your reading comprehension you may just not be as informed as you claim. 🤷🏼‍♂️

You're making a fool of yourself.  You insult me because I claimed a geographical advantage in knowing what's going on with NYC sports teams, then claim I'm the one calling you names.  Here's some advice, stop digging that hole you're in.  

1 hour ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

All this means is that Hackett has a year to find some other sucker to hire him as OC..

or,

the Jets being the Jets, they fire Saleh and elevate Hackett to HC.

"Wow! Come on ya’ll. Nate Hackett as Jets HC!  Holy Sh*t”

😁

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Woody Johnson once again proving why the Jets will crash and burn... two comments that are very telling:

• On GM Douglas and HC Saleh: "The discussions I've had in the last couple of months, they've seen me about as mad as I can be with what was going on, with the offense particularly," Johnson said, according to reports. "We have all this talent, and we have to deploy talent properly. So I think they all got the message. This is it. This is the time to go. We've got to produce this year."
  • On Aaron Rodgers: The Jets have been criticized for giving Rodgers too much power within the organization, but Johnson said he values the input.

"He has strong opinions on the way the team is built, and we are digesting exactly how to interpret that," he said. "You need an interpreter a little bit there, but I couldn't be more impressed."

In essence he is allowing Rodgers to subvert the GM and the HC because he is impressed by him. Just WOW.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39487773/got-produce-year

Further evidence that the Jets are a total s... show and will continue to be.They are likely to be hyped to the max again this year, but they will crash and burn just as hard.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

You're making a fool of yourself.  You insult me because I claimed a geographical advantage in knowing what's going on with NYC sports teams, then claim I'm the one calling you names.  Here's some advice, stop digging that hole you're in.  

I have literally not insulted you once. You have, however resulted to namecalling. I've actually gone out of my way to say how I'm not insulting you. No personal attacks. It's weird to lie like that. You can reply to this or not. Makes no difference. I'll just add you to the ignore list and *poof*. Like a miracle you disappear.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I have literally not insulted you once. You have, however resulted to namecalling. I've actually gone out of my way to say how I'm not insulting you. No personal attacks. It's weird to lie like that. You can reply to this or not. Makes no difference. I'll just add you to the ignore list and *poof*. Like a miracle you disappear.

Good put me on ignore I could care less that you will no longer reply with ignorance.  Now I'm not calling you ignorant, just your posts. That's the game you're playing.  

7 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean if his answer to the oncoming flames is to douse himself in gasoline...

Nitromethane. why half arse it. Get full on 
 Woody is a real treat.

I actually feel bad for Wilson. it was bad from the get go as he was going to be the scapegoat instead of Saleh (he couldn't develop him ) after the rodgers event game One

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I liked the part where Johnson said that it was unacceptable that they weren't better with all that talent on offense.

Bad OL, 1 WR and no QB...........but yeah.......ALL THAT talent.  😂

Woody should have reviewed Saleh's receipts and fired him after the 2022 season............but I'm glad he didn't.

I mean.... Breece Hall is pretty special.

58 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Good put me on ignore I could care less that you will no longer reply with ignorance.  Now I'm not calling you ignorant, just your posts. That's the game you're playing.  

Just FYI,  it's couldn't care less. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Just FYI,  it's couldn't care less. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/grammar/could-couldnt-care-less

Could vs. Couldn't

We define could care less and couldn’t care less on the same page, with the single definition “used to indicate that one is not at all concerned about or interested in something.” We do not put these seemingly disparate idioms on the same page in order to save space, or so that we might cause you pain. We do it because one is simply a variant of the other, and they are used in a synonymous manner.

• Dislike 1

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/grammar/could-couldnt-care-less

Could vs. Couldn't

We define could care less and couldn’t care less on the same page, with the single definition “used to indicate that one is not at all concerned about or interested in something.” We do not put these seemingly disparate idioms on the same page in order to save space, or so that we might cause you pain. We do it because one is simply a variant of the other, and they are used in a synonymous manner.

Just FYI, it's couldn't care less.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, eball said:

Burn, Jests, burn. 🔥 

Couldn’t agree more E-Man.  The Jets will always be the Jests until they have new owners.  Some owners just  Don’t know how to get out of their own way.  Jerrah is another.

For Wilson’s sake, I love the idea of him becoming the backup for the Giants, and with the way their QB plays and gets hurt,  I’d love for Wilson to come in and win three straight.  If anyone can get a lot out of him, Dabbs can do it.  I know they had a crappy year, but their fundamental flaw is Daboll forgot what McBeane did.  They made the playoffs by accident in 2017, but purged old talent and bloated contracts to remake the Bill team.  6-10 as everyone knows taking their lumps drafting Allen and Edmunds, turned into 10-6, and that’s only because they had nothing to play of in the last game with the Jets.  If we played the starters we would’ve been 11-5.  That was a mistake as they lost their rhythm and it showed in that loss to the Texans.  You guys know the rest in 13-3, 11-6, 13-3, and 11-6.

Daboll needs to follow the playbook, purge bad contracts, buy a line like the Bills did and keep working the problem until they have a solid O Line.   They also need a QB.  Jones is t going to get it done.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.