Sexy Rexy interviewed for Cowboys DC position

BuffaloBill

5 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

As much of a joke as he was here, he's not a bad defensive mind. His problem was he tried way too hard to pivot away from Schwartz's defense without the right personnel 

He seemed to have run a rather complicated scheme then over the years other teams figured it out, so Rex made changes, but then was to the level was too hard for players to think quick enough and react.  Probably would work good in Madden  on computer simulation.

On 2/7/2024 at 12:12 PM, Bruffalo said:

As much of a joke as he was here, he's not a bad defensive mind. His problem was he tried way too hard to pivot away from Schwartz's defense without the right personnel 

He was a  idiot. He took a good defense with strong pass rush skills and destroyed it. Having Mario Williams wasted when he had to drop back in pass coverages was the ultimate proof of Rex's idiocy. 

Cowboys would love him. Maybe he'll bring Rob along for the ride....

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Everyone remembers the clown show when he's a HC, but would be really be so bad as a DC?

Genuinely asking, I don't remember. 

He was pretty broadly perceived as a good defensive mind in his time before the bills and even with the bills.  I think he can be an effective coordinator still, but needs to be paired with the right HC to maintain team culture and discipline when in the presence of a very casual, player friendly coach.

17 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Not happening unfortunately (for the story value)

Word is they're going with Zimmer 

Rex keeps missing out lately. Denver last year and Dallas this year. 

Zimmer was there before I think. With Parcells possibly?

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Everyone remembers the clown show when he's a HC, but would be really be so bad as a DC?

Genuinely asking, I don't remember. 

His scheme worked a hundred years ago and he’s made zero adjustments.

On 2/7/2024 at 12:10 PM, BuffaloBill said:

Rex Ryan may return to the coaching ranks.

If hired, he will make an interesting addition to Jerry’s world.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/07/sports/rex-ryan-interviews-for-cowboys-defensive-coordinator-job/

No doubt that Dallas has talent on the roster already so not a rebuild.

Good for him. I think I am one of the 7 Bills fans that is a fan of Rex Ryan. I just think he was a bad fit in Buffalo. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Good for him. I think I am one of the 7 Bills fans that is a fan of Rex Ryan. I just think he was a bad fit in Buffalo. 

Hiring him here was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen for both sides and I've spent a lot of time on this forum.

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

IMO they should’ve promoted Schwartz to HC at the time. He had that defense firing on all cylinders . 

It was Pegula’s first shot at making a big splash head coaching hire and he just couldn’t resist making the big splash over doing the smart thing, in promoting Schwartz. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Now that we're in the off season, someone should come up with a thread for the 'All Time - All Star Clueless Team', players, coaches, GMs, owners.  Wrecks Ryan would be right up there, based upon his own estimation of his skills, abilities, and humility. 🤨

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Now that we're in the off season, someone should come up with a thread for the 'All Time - All Star Clueless Team', players, coaches, GMs, owners.  Wrecks Ryan would be right up there, based upon his own estimation of his skills, abilities, and humility. 🤨

Jamarcus Russell - starting QB and team captain. 

I wonder what would be on a Subway sandwich named for Rex Ryan? 🤔

There's another off-season thread for you: 'Subway Sandwiches Inspired by NFL Players and Coaches'.

The Rex Ryan:  Triple baloney on plain white roll, lots of mayo.  Before the 'sandwich artist' making it delivers it to the customer, they drop back the extra ingredients into the bins. 🤨

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.