Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I have never seen MORE chatter for LESS good reason than that regarding Stefon Diggs.

He has never -- NEVER -- publicly stated his dissatisfaction or desire to leave the team. Never demanded a trade. Never been anything but an A+ teammate, locker room presence, and team leader.

Yes, he's fiery, and he wants the ball. So do all good WRs since the beginning of time. His fire FEEDS this team. Who do you most often see walking up and down the bench, getting in people's faces? That's right. Stefon Diggs.

Yes, he could use some public relations classes on answering questions in a way that invites less speculation. Still, I feel most of the narrative that follows Stefon Diggs is completely unwarranted.

Where's the endless, breathless speculation over George Pickens? AJ Brown? Garrett Wilson? All three of those guys have expressed more public dissatisfaction with their team, yet they don't get one tenth the coverage and speculation that Diggs gets. It's maddening.

I wish everyone would find something else to do and quit creating drama where there is none.

He should catch it more often then (and stop taking himself out of the game). The more he is targeted, the lower his catch % goes.  In games with 10 or more targets, he has a catch % of 56.

Also, this should go without saying/asking, but why would anyone here speak much  about other teams' disgruntled WRs?

Finally, he is absolutely his the sole creator of his own "narrative".  Nothing could be more obvious.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4

38 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He should catch it more often then (and stop taking himself out of the game). The more he is targeted, the lower his catch % goes.  In games with 10 or more targets, he has a catch % of 56.

Also, this should go without saying/asking, but why would anyone here speak much  about other teams' disgruntled WRs?

Finally, he is absolutely his the sole creator of his own "narrative".  Nothing could be more obvious.  

everyone apparently forgot the chaos he caused last off-season with his antics. Even Josh said they were working through some stuff.  

There are multiple people on here who have legit team sources proven many times over that have said the Diggs situation is not good. Screaming at Josh in his face in the room after games over perceived mistakes is unacceptable. 

Many of his interviews, he plays on both sides of the fence intentionally to fan the flames.

This off-season he did so at the Pro Bowl and with Kay. Then took to X. He absolutely knows what he is doing and how it will be perceived.  

Plus he’s become invisible in the playoffs. 

Again, loved the guy since he got here…but I don’t know anymore.  IMO Allen could really benefit from a fresh start 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You’re standing by “never,” then?

No, I'm not. That's why I said "you're right".

If that's the linguistic nit you want to pick, you're correct. He has not been solely and exclusively a saint 100% of every day here.

I'd still suggest that he has been a good soldier and a good teammate and a great leader far, FAR more often than he's ever been any kind of malcontent. It's not even close. The reputation does not match the reality. 

On 3/22/2024 at 4:28 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Dont forger another twenty something in dead cap next year too lol

No, that's either or, not both.  If we trade him after June 1, we get to defer $22M or so of his cap into next season.

If we trade him between now and then, we eat the whole $33M or whatever it is, THIS season - assuming the trade partner picks up his $19M fully guaranteed salary, workout and per-game roster bonuses

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Not cool.  

The theme of every single one of his posts lately is clapping back at people saying he's overrated or toast.

He seems to be pretty motivated to prove doubters wrong. He's been posting training videos on his Insta Story daily. Probably should just ignore them. He's looking a little thin skinned right now.

But I don't take him saying he feels it's incorrect to say he's not important to Josh's success as some major "not cool" slap in the face.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Starting to actively wish we trade him. Even if it costs more money for him to be off the team.

I have liked what Diggs has brought to the field year in and year out. I appreciate all of his dedication and efforts. But, yes his act is wearing thin and as long as we get his production replaced I won't be sad when he goes. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

But I don't take him saying he feels it's incorrect to say he's not important to Josh's success as some major "not cool" slap in the face.

The fact that you had to re-word what he said kind of tells on itself, yeah?

I've never seen another WR claim they are "essential" to their QB's success. Let's call this what it is.

I still think he'll be on the team. My patience with his act is just totally worn thin at this point.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Starting to actively wish we trade him. Even if it costs more money for him to be off the team.

IMO, Diggs comment crosses “a line in the sand” and is direct disrespect toward Josh 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

IMO, Diggs comment crosses “a line in the sand” and is direct disrespect toward Josh 

Of course you do. You take great joy and run here the first chance you can when it comes to anything you read as a potential reason to trade Diggs for Draft Picks this year - as if getting people to agree that we should will make it more likely to happen.

It's been your mission for months, posting about it across multiple threads on the daily.

30 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I've never seen another WR claim they are "essential" to their QB's success. Let's call this what it is.

I still think he'll be on the team. My patience with his act is just totally worn thin at this point.

Did I re-word? I thought I just added a section at the end, after he edited his post with another tweet.

Like I said, I think he needs to just ignore randos on Twitter. He seems to be overly sensitive to people saying he's overrated or toast. 

It's not a great look. I'll admit that. He's coming across as insecure. But I see it as more of the same defending himself against people who say he's not important (or "essential") to Josh or overrated than outwardly declaring he's responsible for Josh's success.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Maybe he's saying "you sure" in regards to Josh benefitting from Diggs?  Maybe he's saying Josh is good even without him? No? Idk

that is possible, but wouldn’t the original comment he responded to then say,

“is he essential to his success? Yes” 

?

33 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Or just ignore his twitter and not kill the cap/weaken the team at the same time?

If I’m Beane, Id honestly just ask Josh Allen what he feels comfortable doing.

Not sure how their relationship is, but when Diggs says stuff like that.. I’m letting Josh determine his fate here.

Hes not good enough when it matter for all this constant bs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not sure how their relationship is, but when Diggs says stuff like that.. I’m letting Josh determine his fate here.

this seems like a logical approach

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

this seems like a logical approach

If only Josh had spoken publicly about his feelings on Diggs recently:

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Wouldn’t expect Josh to say anything else publicly. 

Diggs is going to be here for at least a couple more years.  There is just no justifying anything else with the dead money on his contract.  If Diggs truly wanted out, which I don't think he does, he just has to go to Beane and tell him that he will rip up his current deal, agree to one with no guaranteed money, and then get traded.  But with the guarantees in his current contract, trading or releasing him would be flat out dumb.

All that said, it's the main reason we have to find our future WR1 in this draft.  Diggs, even if he is here, is heading towards WR2 status sooner than later.  We need to nail this pick and find a guy that could possibly be ready by the end of this season heading into the Playoffs that can grow into the new go to guy.

EDIT:  WHELP....  Guess they thought getting him out the door was worth 31 million dollars.  Hopefully there is a plan in place.....

Edited by sven233
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

that is possible, but wouldn’t the original comment he responded to then say,

“is he essential to his success? Yes” 

?

True..true. Man do I just hope Diggs is not arrogant enough to basically throw that kind of shade in Josh like that. Unwarranted ya know. But if I were to guess, I'd say he is that arrogant. Kinda sucks to think though. 

7 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Diggs is going to be here for at least a couple more years.  There is just no justifying anything else with the dead money on his contract.  If Diggs truly wanted out, which I don't think he does, he just has to go to Beane and tell him that he will rip up his current deal, agree to one with no guaranteed money, and then get traded.  But with the guarantees in his current contract, trading or releasing him would be flat out dumb.

All that said, it's the main reason we have to find our future WR1 in this draft.  Diggs, even if he is here, is heading towards WR2 status sooner than later.  We need to nail this pick and find a guy that could possibly be ready by the end of this season heading into the Playoffs that can grow into the new go to guy.

teams eat dead cap every year for players that they want to move on from / don’t want to be on their team anymore.  

it’s very likely he’s gone sometime between now and next summer

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

teams eat dead cap every year for players that they want to move on from / don’t want to be on their team anymore.  

it’s very likely he’s gone sometime between now and next summer

Yeah I don’t see Diggs on this team next year at all, he served his purpose and it’s time to get a young 1st round WR on a rookie contract in here to pair with Kincaid as Allen’s primary targets for the next 8-10 years.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

The ‘constant bs’ are just tweets. Usually cryptic. 

Seems excessive to me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

The ‘constant bs’ are just tweets. Usually cryptic. 

Seems excessive to me. 

He just called out his QB tonight.

That’s how it reads to me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

If he was 24 and not even close to his peak, garbage like this might be a problem.  

But he’s going to be 31.  I couldn’t possibly care less at this point.  

I do believe he’s more just internalizing all the “choker” stuff he’s getting from folks and it’s ****ing him off.  

Enjoy the last 2 years of one of our best WRs the organization has ever had.  No reason to be mad at the guy over nonsense like this.  

He’s much closer to the end and giving us much needed cap space.  Hope we win it before he leaves.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

His act is definitely wearing thin, it’s one thing when you produce and it’s another when you don’t.

With that said, I don’t see any logical scenario where he isn’t with the Bills this upcoming season but a better than 50/50 chance he’s gone in 2025, unless he produces and the Bills win a championship

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This may 100% support your point but I would never subject myself to a 2 min clip from SPEAK.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Not a fan of Shady's talk show, I take it?

No it’s honestly the worst. I hate Emmanuel Acho.

Shady is a blowhard “legend” but that’s to be expected.

Acho is relentlessly bad.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No it’s honestly the worst. I hate Emmanuel Acho.

Shady is a blowhard “legend” but that’s to be expected.

Acho is relentlessly bad.

If you're not watching speak for Joy Taylor you doing it wrong

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He is "essential"!! No other player on the roster is as essential to Josh Allen's success as Stefon Diggs!! Nobody!!