Senior Bowl updates

HappyDays

46 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I already crossed him off my list lol. Half his 1 on 1 reps he'd get open and then turn around and run into the DB. The NFL Network guys were cracking up at how dumb his routes were.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just inject all this Senior Bowl coverage directly into my veins. Ever since Madden first introduced franchise modes and drafts and offseason development (basically ever since football became more broadly appreciated as an advanced strategy game/RPG with playable breakout battles/melees) I've been hooked on the roster-building machinery of an NFL offseason. 

Just so happens to have corresponded perfectly with the Bills drought era, oddly enough. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Legette was a one year wonder in college.  That automatically makes him somewhat more of a gamble than a WR who had three years of productivity at a big name school.  When you get to the tail end of the first round, however, there are bound to be a few more risks than drafting in the top five.  If the Bills are interested, they will need to do their due diligence in order to assess his coachability and his ability to address the shortcomings in his college game.  I compared him to DK Metcalf, but I was only thinking about physical characteristics.  He was listed at 6'3" in college.  If he's shorter than that, it kind of negates that physical comparison.  He's still got speed and he's got some body mass that can translate to power.

Darius Robinson seems to be the guy really getting a lot of pop. Some of the clips of him rushing he looks faster than I thought he looked on his Mizzou film. If teams believe in his ability to win around the edge he is going to fly up boards because he has the power and violent hands.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I already crossed him off my list lol. Half his 1 on 1 reps he'd get open and then turn around and run into the DB. The NFL Network guys were cracking up at how dumb his routes were.

These are really great vertical reps though. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Darius Robinson seems to be the guy really getting a lot of pop. Some of the clips of him rushing he looks faster than I thought he looked on his Mizzou film. If teams believe in his ability to win around the edge he is going to fly up boards because he has the power and violent hands.

Seems like a McB type pick.  I want WR, but if he’s the guy, I don’t hate it as long as we can trade up into rd 2 and snag a WR (preferably Polk, he’s my rd 2 WR draft crush this year).  Maybe trade down a few spots and draft robinson and then teadr up for WR.  Easier said than done, I know

Robinson is impressive.  

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah either really great reps for the WR or really terrible reps for the DBs, it wasn't even close.

Yeah, there's definitely a bit of that that you have to keep an eye on with these things. I think the first one at least is just good WR; really strong stutter step and explosion there to freeze the corner and leave him behind. The second one was maybe bad CB.

Bummer. Was really enjoying watching Pearsall and Wilson this week.

11 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Legette was a one year wonder in college.  That automatically makes him somewhat more of a gamble than a WR who had three years of productivity at a big name school.  When you get to the tail end of the first round, however, there are bound to be a few more risks than drafting in the top five.  If the Bills are interested, they will need to do their due diligence in order to assess his coachability and his ability to address the shortcomings in his college game.  I compared him to DK Metcalf, but I was only thinking about physical characteristics.  He was listed at 6'3" in college.  If he's shorter than that, it kind of negates that physical comparison.  He's still got speed and he's got some body mass that can translate to power.

He officially measured 6 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I could definitely see Robinson to the Bills @28

He stood out in the Missouri games I watched.   But not late first round type, IMO.   I was thinking more 3rd-4th round during the season.   But some guys move up and edge players who have good workouts always get overdrafted.

Not a very good DL class in general.   I see lot's of rotational players, not many guys you want on the field 70-80% of the snaps.   The people who would consider Sweat in round 1 probably would have been happy with Mazi Smith in round 1.    And then were unaware he was on the field for Dallas when the Bills ran for like 300 yards against that front.

• Like (+1) 1

Don't think any of the WRs looked awesome today, but Brenden Rice was probably the best of the bunch. Rice and my sleeper Javon Baker both got hurt at some point as well; Baker ended up not returning. Rice did return.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, HappyDays said:

A couple nice reps from Legette here:

wish legette would catch with his hands more... the last video he does and its pretty, but the 2 before he catches it with his gut, even the one he jumps to catch..... team is going to have to scrub that from his game. would be a little worried it leads to early drops for him

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Don't think any of the WRs looked awesome today, but Brenden Rice was probably the best of the bunch. Rice and my sleeper Javon Baker both got hurt at some point as well; Baker ended up not returning. Rice did return.

My ideal draft scenario is Franklin or Legette R1, then someone in the mold of Polk/Rice/Baker in R2 or R3. I want elite physical skills in R1, then round it out with a route running or possession receiver on day two.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My ideal draft scenario is Franklin or Legette R1, then someone in the mold of Polk/Rice/Baker in R2 or R3. I want elite physical skills in R1, then round it out with a route running or possession receiver on day two.

We don't have a 3rd this year. We traded it for Douglas. 

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He stood out in the Missouri games I watched.   But not late first round type, IMO.   I was thinking more 3rd-4th round during the season.   But some guys move up and edge players who have good workouts always get overdrafted.

Not a very good DL class in general.   I see lot's of rotational players, not many guys you want on the field 70-80% of the snaps.   The people who would consider Sweat in round 1 probably would have been happy with Mazi Smith in round 1.    And then were unaware he was on the field for Dallas when the Bills ran for like 300 yards against that front.

Yea I have a 3rd on him. My biggest question was speed and bend. He did look FAST on those videos yesterday. Not sure I think first round but I absolutely can see him going round 2 if he has a good process now up to the draft.

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, there's definitely a bit of that that you have to keep an eye on with these things. I think the first one at least is just good WR; really strong stutter step and explosion there to freeze the corner and leave him behind. The second one was maybe bad CB.

Bummer. Was really enjoying watching Pearsall and Wilson this week.

Did they say why for any of these guys?

57 minutes ago, section122 said:

Did they say why for any of these guys?

For Pearsall, Wilson, and Jackson Powers-Johnson, I presume they just feel like they proved themselves and didn't want to risk disappointment the rest of the way.

Rasheen Ali got hurt and will require surgery and several months of recovery. Not sure about Brade, Mustapha, and Brennan Jackson.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He looks like a guy if he happy with in rd 2 if we can get a WR rd 1.  

are there any 1Ts that you’re looking at in rd 3-5.  

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Trading up for Polk is my current hope for rd 2.  Looks like a late first rounder to me.  

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

For Pearsall, Wilson, and Jackson Powers-Johnson, I presume they just feel like they proved themselves and didn't want to risk disappointment the rest of the way.

Rasheen Ali got hurt and will require surgery and several months of recovery. Not sure about Brade, Mustapha, and Brennan Jackson.

Surprised by Brade. He is a guy for whom I feel playing in a game at the Senior Bowl is going to be better for him than testing numbers at the Combine. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Seems like it might be a really deep receiver group. The smart play might be safety round 1 then back to back receivers in 2 and 3. 

Of course, it depends who is on the board, but I doubt there is a S at #28 that will be a better idea than the WRs who will be available. And if they do go D in the first, it will be DL most likely. S is a need, but they will bring in a free agent (it's a good year at the position), and add someone from the draft.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I have a 3rd on him. My biggest question was speed and bend. He did look FAST on those videos yesterday. Not sure I think first round but I absolutely can see him going round 2 if he has a good process now up to the draft.

I agree, looked great but man that guy looked stiff moving laterally in practices that I saw this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.