Det @ SF Game Thread (Please keep the Bills stuff out of this thread)

Simon

I came into the game thinking the 49ers would be the only team capable of beating the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. But now I'm thinking the Lions could do it. Ben Johnson vs Steve Spagnuolo is a heavyweight fight. I just wonder if the Lions defense is talented enough to slow the Chiefs down?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They don't have a true #1. Their offense is primarily just a coaching masterclass. That and an elite OL.

Not having a true #1 WR doesn't seem to matter much. They have 2 backs who can catch, 1 of whom have legit speed, and a great young TE.  

And, as you point out, a very good OL who can get out and block for all these guys.

EDIT: I had a brain-fart when Williams did that end-around and put him down as a back not WR :blush:

Edited by Jon in Pasadena
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I came into the game thinking the 49ers would be the only team capable of beating the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. But now I'm thinking the Lions could do it. Ben Johnson vs Steve Spagnuolo is a heavyweight fight. I just wonder if the Lions defense is talented enough to slow the Chiefs down?

How much if this is down to the Lions being great and how much is the 9ers being woeful? That might answer your question.

Holy crap, Lions are 3 quarters away from the Super Bowl. Just incredible.

I remember when Campbell was hired and did his presser about eating knee caps and I thought "just another meathead coach like Mike Tice". The job he's done with the front office building that team is incredible. If they win this I'd love it so much if they beat KC, even though I can't see it

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Their Safety is good

I remember when a bunch of people and bobbleheads on TV were talking trash about the Lions taking Gibbs. He and Montgomery are now one of, if not the best RB duos in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The Lions beat them in Arrowhead to open the season. Of course they can beat the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, RobbRiddick said:

Holy crap, Lions are 3 quarters away from the Super Bowl. Just incredible.

I remember when Campbell was hired and did his presser about eating knee caps and I thought "just another meathead coach like Mike Tice". The job he's done with the front office building that team is incredible. If they win this I'd love it so much if they beat KC, even though I can't see it

Most meatheads are D guys but Campbell is a meathead O guy. Maybe makes a big difference!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

uhh.

amon st. brown is outstanding.

I don't consider slot receivers to be true #1s. Kupp in his prime is the only slot player I've ever seen good enough to earn that label. But yes St. Brown is certainly an outstanding slot WR. And Gibbs has speed. But for me mostly it is just elite coaching that has the Lions performing this well. Not even Sean McVay made Goff look this good. Ben Johnson may be a super early career version of Andy Reid, he has been that good. I expect his offenses will still be dominating the league 20 years from now.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

the lions have the exact personnel on offense to beat the chiefs.

they also have the unique aspect in Goff who has beat Mahomes twice and is 2-0 vs him. 

and I will add in that Campbell played against Reids teams in Philly for years and understands the toughness it takes to beat him, same with spagnuolo.

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They already beat them once this year

So much for the vaunted SF D line. Let's see if they can make adjustments to put pressure on Goff. Goff is far from mobile and they have get him moving in the pocket to have any chance 

Edited by Dubie54

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.