Joe Brady Officially Promoted as Bills OC!

KDIGGZ

• KDIGGZ changed the title to Joe Brady Officially Promoted as Bills OC!

So I have mixed thoughts on this. I thought he did a pretty good job in difficult circumstances. I would like to see how he could do. On the other hand, it's clear that this process was clearly a sham, and that's not good. It's too important of a position and time for Josh and this franchise. I would have liked to seen others interviewed other than those for the Rooney rule, experienced former OC as well as up and comers.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

I don't like it.

Would like a better coordinator for offense

Can't wait for the extra tackle and run cook into a brick wall predictably every first down next season

They didn't even try

I’ll give it chance, but I think this is the case of a head coach with a very particular vision. He wants a coordinator where he gets more input in how the offense functions. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

I mean he wasn’t totally fair to completely evaluate him after taking over mid season and he did some good things. But this is the safe, non go all out for a SB move that McDermott loves. Why not interview Moore or EB? 

hopefully, Brady will do great things with a full offseason. But it was crazy how the passing game regressed. Hoping for the best though. 

• Like (+1) 8

I hate this. I don't necessarily hate that Brady got the job. But I hate that the team didn't even attempt to complete a full and exhaustive search. We're just running it back. McDermott loves playing it safe. It's what holds him back as a coach more than anything.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

They must think he can do the job. OR....there's nothing out there who could do any better. I'm ok with it. Let's figure it out boys

Or any proven coach won't be told how his offense needs to look 

• Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I hate this. I don't necessarily hate that Brady got the job. But I hate that the team didn't even attempt to complete a full and exhaustive search. We're just running it back. McDermott loves playing it safe. It's what holds him back as a coach more than anything.

It’s not just McD.  I keep looking for ANY sign of accountability in either of Pegula’s sports franchises and I haven’t seen a single one since Kim’s unfortunate health issue.  Seems like the Bills and Sabres are both flying on autopilot.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean he wasn’t totally fair to completely evaluate him after taking over mid season and he did some good things. But this is the safe, non go all out for a SB move that McDermott loves. Why not interview Moore or EB? 

hopefully, Brady will do great things with a full offseason. But it was crazy how the passing game regressed. Hoping for the best though. 

I’m still a little disappointed in the KC loss to have coherent Bills related thoughts, but the passing aspect worries. Brady actually did a good job, but we don’t know if he can scheme a reliable passing game. We scored points, and played good ball, but I don’t know if that’s a sustainable style long term. 

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I’ll give it chance, but I think this is the case of a head coach with a very particular vision. He wants a coordinator who’s inexperienced so he gets more input in how the offense functions. 

It's the marking of a control freak imo

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

As they should. 

People want a young, highly respected offensive mind with a big time resume and got one.

Whiners gunna whine, feed them to the pit. 

I cannot wait to see what Brady does with an offense that HE installs and runs concepts he develops. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Or any proven coach won't be told how his offense needs to look 

True. However,any coach who is "proven" never had a JA17, and therefore should adapt his kitchen according to the food in his fridge

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It’s not just McD.  I keep looking for ANY sign of accountability in either of Pegula’s sports franchises and I haven’t seen a single one since Kim’s unfortunate health issue.  Seems like the Bills and Sabres are both flying on autopilot.

What does “accountability” mean?

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You do know other teams are hiring coaches right now. Do you expect Brady or Babich to wait around until the Bills decide?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What if Lewis turns out to be a better OV than Brady? 

What ifs….. The interview was not serous, it was Joe Brady’s job for the start. Just a formality. Our offense should look good with a few more weapons next year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I’ll give it chance, but I think this is the case of a head coach with a very particular vision. He wants a coordinator who’s inexperienced so he gets more input in how the offense functions. 

I'm just curious, who would've been a better hire, putting McDermott aside

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.