2024 WR Draft Class

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I've been wondering about this. Granted, I think that if Beane has the ammunition to go up a few spots and get Brian Thomas (or perhaps higher) he might. But if Thomas is gone by the teens without getting a sniff, and Troy Franklin, Coleman, Mitchell, Legette AND Howard are all there at 28 they might kick back into the mid-30s to get a third.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ok I’m off the Brian Thomas train and all in the Rome Odunze train. 

Question will be whether we’ll pay the ticket price for the Rome train.

i do love how excited he gets, though. Gets you pumped. 

• Agree 1

If we could somehow end up with Brian Thomas Junior and Cooper Dejean, that would be great.  We would have to spend a little capital to trade up, and of course Dejean would need to fall to the 2nd round, for this to be remotely possible. It would fill our 2 biggest needs, with (2) of the best players at their position.  Assuming we use Dejean as some type of safety/CB hybrid role.  I'm sure McDermott and stuff could find a creative way to implement him. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ok I’m off the Brian Thomas train and all in the Rome Odunze train. 

They are both great prospects. Odunze has had the opportunity to show much more than Thomas (probably because of Nabers). In terms of demonstrated ability and risk mitigation. Odunze is a significantly better prospect. He’s just not a raw talent, however impressive.. He’s a superb and refined technician who instinctively knows how to play the position. At the combine he showed, for those who didn’t already know it, that he is a mature young man and a very coachable player. He absolutely belongs in the first group with the other two.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Unless Odunze falls into the mid-teens, which is not totally impossible IMO, I don't see any way this can happen.  Teams drafting in the top 9 are not going to want to move back to 28, even for a first round pick next year.  People need to understand that the Bills' 2025 first round pick is a devalued asset...anyone acquiring it will have to assume it will be a late-first round pick and the 2025 draft is not expected to be as strong as this one, plus (obviously) the pick can't be used until next year, which devalues it further... 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that it’s POSSIBLE that you could give them something like 28, 128, 2025 1st and the Minnesota 2025 2nd. The fact that it’s the Vikings pick that we got for Diggs is helpful. If Darnold is their QB most people probably think that pick is in the top 10 of the round. If they think that the Bills regress a little they might be thinking: 28th this year, 128th, 20ish and 40ish next year. That’s starting to get warmer.

Of course they’ll throw out a big ask but if you put that offer on the table I think that they’d say yes. They’re trying to create a bidding war for McCarthy (which is hilarious to me). 

Maybe. But I think it's going to cost more than that. The price for Atlanta to go from 27 to 6 for Julio Jones was a 1st, 2nd, and 4th in 2011 and a 1st and a 4th in 2012. 

So i'm not sure that a 1st and a 4th this year and a 1st and 2nd next year would be enough to go from 28 to 4 when it cost more to go from 27 to 6 for Atlanta.

I think the 3 1st's asking price isn't equal from picks 5-32. I'd guess with where we're picking, they'd probably want more to move from 4 to 28. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

considering how many short passes to the flat / screens that Joe Brady seems to run… Worthy could be a serious weapon for us.  Not only that, he has shown ability to stop/start, create separation and lose DB’s on routes. He is also a vertical threat

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Man, I do not want us to draft Worthy. I just don't see him working out in the NFL. I've also been against Keon Coleman, but I'd much rather have him than Worthy.

20 minutes ago, 947 said:

Man, I do not want us to draft Worthy. I just don't see him working out in the NFL. I've also been against Keon Coleman, but I'd much rather have him than Worthy.

If someone like Tank Dell who is shorter, slower and maybe even lighter than Worthy can be good in the NFL…. Why can’t Xavier?

He is not a one trick pony

IMO he is better than Tank Dell right now.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Maybe. But I think it's going to cost more than that. The price for Atlanta to go from 27 to 6 for Julio Jones was a 1st, 2nd, and 4th in 2011 and a 1st and a 4th in 2012. 

So i'm not sure that a 1st and a 4th this year and a 1st and 2nd next year would be enough to go from 28 to 4 when it cost more to go from 27 to 6 for Atlanta.

I think the 3 1st's asking price isn't equal from picks 5-32. I'd guess with where we're picking, they'd probably want more to move from 4 to 28. 

It depends on the demand. If teams ACTUALLY want McCarthy that bad (again hilarious) the price will be higher. If teams are smart that Bills offer is reasonable. The Cards can jump back up and get one of the top 3 in this scenario and still have extra draft assets if they wanted to. It’s not likely but not impossible either.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Unless Odunze falls into the mid-teens, which is not totally impossible IMO, I don't see any way this can happen.  Teams drafting in the top 9 are not going to want to move back to 28, even for a first round pick next year.  People need to understand that the Bills' 2025 first round pick is a devalued asset...anyone acquiring it will have to assume it will be a late-first round pick and the 2025 draft is not expected to be as strong as this one, plus (obviously) the pick can't be used until next year, which devalues it further... 

Chicago is the only top 10 team who I can see would as they will likely want more this year. Which means you’re giving up 60 to get there. 

Edited by BBFL

5 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Chicago is the only top 10 team who I can see would as they will likely want more this year. Which means you’re giving up 60 to get there. 

what’s their OT situation in Chicago?  Maybe they’d accept….

28, 128, 160, Spencer Brown, 2025 1st, 3rd

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BBFL said:

I agree.  I think Chicago is the only real possibility.  They do not have a second round pick, so pick 60 might tempt them (along with a first or second next year).  The problem is, that regime is on the hot seat and if things don't go well this year, they might not have the opportunity to use next year's draft picks. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 947 said:

Fella over on the Sabres' forum posted a comment I thought was interesting, so I asked if I could post it over here. It's not inside info, but I think it is an informed opinion.

"Talk[ed] to my college football guy. He called McConkey a great #2 receiver and considering he lives under 5 miles away from where Ladd plays and has seen 100% of his snaps, I'm gonna trust him here. Also said he's not a Worthy fan. Thinks McConkey at 28 is probably a tiny reach but would take him there as he will be a hot commodity if available later. Also added the following "I'd also think about what Ladd would look like in KC. He's a receiver that would almost instantly work with Mahomes and Andy Reids offense. If not there, Todd Monken is in Baltimore."

Edited by Dr. Who

I like the idea of a trade down to the early 2nd round and grabbing two WRs.

I don't think trading for one of the top 3 WRs is realistic.  Or at least not a good idea.  

If the Bills give up 28, 60, 2025 1, 2 how do they fix the rest of the team?  Our DEs are Rousseau and Von.  Next year we pay $13mil for Rousseau if we want to keep him.  After that he probably costs $20mil/year and gets a Tremaine Edmunds type contract for someone I think is a good player who is going to get paid like an all pro.  We are going to need at least 1 probably 2 starting DEs.  

Our safeties are Rapp & Edwards.  We have no O-line or CB depth.

We have $5mil in cap space next year with only 38 players on the roster, 2024/2025 rookies not accounted for, and Rasul Douglas & Spencer Brown as free agents we might want to re-sign.  If we trade up to the top of the draft for a WR and have no 1st or 2nd round picks and no cap space how do we even start fixing the defense until 2026/2027?

On 4/11/2024 at 9:00 PM, Adam727 said:

Our safeties are Rapp & Edwards.  We have no O-line or CB depth.

Agreed that safties are a concern but a lot of decent ones still available after the draft. 

We have solid O line depth. Van Denmark and Anderson will contribute this year. Plus we signed Collins. We could get a guy later in the draft though I agree

Not worried on corner because it’s the one position they hit on late guys often. Beane hit on Taron, Levi, Dane, Benford all on day 3 

I do agree with you that we need to go early and often at WR. Josh needs some good young outside WRs. This is the draft to do it 

Edited by NeverOutNick
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

what’s their OT situation in Chicago?  Maybe they’d accept….

28, 128, 160, Spencer Brown, 2025 1st, 3rd

2 1sts, a 3rd, a 4th, a 5th, and our 26 year old Starting RT for Pick 9? 

I was saying that an earlier offer a poster made for Pick 4 was an underpay, but this is an overpay. Not to mention, puts us in a situation where we're starting La'el Collins full time at OT and needing to get another OT.

28 (Round 1), 128 (Round 4), 160 (Round 5), 2025 Round 2 (from Minnesota), and a 2025 Round 3 would be my offer.

That's 419 points from us (considering Minnesota picks where they do this year (and it's likely higher than that) and we pick where we pick this year - next year) and 387 from them. With a 32 point differential hit on picks coming from next year.

*Maybe* I'd consider our other 2nd instead of the 3rd if Beane really wanted Odunze. But I'm keeping that 1st next year, unless I'm trading into the 4-6 range and Spencer Brown isn't going anywhere.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If someone like Tank Dell who is shorter, slower and maybe even lighter than Worthy can be good in the NFL…. Why can’t Xavier?

He is not a one trick pony

IMO he is better than Tank Dell right now.

I think the Bills would need to move UP to get Worthy. With the combine 40 record and legit tape, I don't think he's there at 28. 

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Interesting for Legette people. I feel like Legette could go anywhere from late round 1-3rd. Franklin also.

Yea Harmon started as a fantasy guy but he has been doing these route charting long enough now I think he is one of the best WR evaluators out there. He did this podcast the other day where he went through many of the guys likely there for the Bills at 28 and later. He also comps Odunze to Devante Adams if we were to move up

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I also like Odunze for the Bills.  Has all of the physical skills and metrics to be a #1 WR.  Also played at Washington, so he has experience playing in unpredictable weather, and was a team captain with leadership qualities.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

I’m all in on Odunze, I think he’s going to be the best of the class when it’s all said and done. 

He’s definitely a process guy, so could be there man! 

• Like (+1) 2

I can not believe what people are willing to trade to move up for a wr.

Its total insanity to me.  

They absolutely can not move this years 2 in any scenario that doesn't give them a 2 back and eating Diggs cap number and being in this situation I think dictates they keep that 2 next year from the trade.

They need all the young affordable players they can get.  

I am hoping a EDGE rusher falls to them/a wr they like falls to them or they move back and get a 3 for this year or another high 4 and 5 for this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I can not believe what people are willing to trade to move up for a wr.

Its total insanity to me.  

They absolutely can not move this years 2 in any scenario that doesn't give them a 2 back and eating Diggs cap number and being in this situation I think dictates they keep that 2 next year from the trade.

They need all the young affordable players they can get.  

I am hoping a EDGE rusher falls to them/a wr they like falls to them or they move back and get a 3 for this year or another high 4 and 5 for this year.

yes because wanting to get an elite WR for your amazing QB is so horrid to imagine!!!

Nothing at all dictates that we keep the 2nd we got from Diggs trade. Beane is very likely to use that pick in a package to move up in Round 1 or 2 IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

All along I've been on the Nabers train, but given the unlikeliness of it to happen given the price it would take, I cooled on the idea until a few mins ago.

Please see below, what Adam Schefter says about what some GM's think about Nabers.  He says that NFL teams view Malik Nabers as a stick of dynamite and compare him to Tyreek hill.  It starts at the 22:10  

• Like (+1) 4

10 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

All along I've been on the Nabers train, but given the unlikeliness of it to happen given the price it would take, I cooled on the idea until a few mins ago.

Please see below, what Adam Schefter says about what some GM's think about Nabers.  He says that NFL teams view Malik Nabers as a stick of dynamite and compare him to Tyreek hill.  It starts at the 22:10  

On or off the football field? 😎

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I actually believe it’s very likely to get a WR at 28 and 60 that we all like.

I don't doubt that we can grab two either.

My doubt is that we can grab Franklin and Leggette specifically at 28 and 60.

16 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I'd give up the farm for Nabers as well. Yup, whatever it takes, do it.

On 4/11/2024 at 1:00 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What do you think. eSPN draft simulator. 

IMG_4171.thumb.jpeg.3b228537d8a2d24b6a4a749bcb6ba6a7.jpeg

I’m fine if these are the 2 we got but I’d bet a lot of money that it would be vice versa on order. Franklin is going ahead of Legette 

• Agree 1

I'm for keeping 28 unless someone like Latu, Thomas or Murphy are there 24-28.

But, I am all for trading next years 1st to maybe GB for 41 and 88....unless there's a better deal to be made.

Point is we need 4 picks in the first 100 and our later picks can be used to jockey around if need be. We still have 2 2nds next year.

• Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, nosejob said:

I'm for keeping 28 unless someone like Latu, Thomas or Murphy are there 24-28.

But, I am all for trading next years 1st to maybe GB for 41 and 88....unless there's a better deal to be made.

Point is we need 4 picks in the first 100 and our later picks can be used to jockey around if need be. We still have 2 2nds next year.

Next year’s first might not even be worth pick 41 in this draft.  You are unlikely to get 41+ more for it.  It’s poor business overall trading future picks.

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Next year’s first might not even be worth pick 41 in this draft.  You are unlikely to get 41+ more for it.  It’s poor business overall trading future picks.

I think four picks in the top 100 is unlikely. You could do it if you trade back from #28, and then package mid-round picks and add a 2025 second to move up or something like that. I think the 2025 1st only comes into play if Beane wants to move way up for a top 3 WR. This is probably too expensive a play, but that's the only way I see it happening. The most I would want to invest from 2025 picks is one of the seconds. I would do it to move up from #60 to get two picks in the top 40 or so, presuming there is a player there that is worth that investment.