2024 WR Draft Class

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Because like I said, the Combine records are littered with Track stars that didn't translate to the next level.

I want to see that he can do things at the same level where it counts compared to everyone else. 

If he were to drop a ball or wasn't the best gauntlet of the bunch, not the end of the world. It's not going to drop him. Just show you can do the drills at a solid level.

Straight line speed is great. But I want to see he's a complete WR and a guy with competitiveness. If you're good at it, you should have no reason not to do it. It would raise him even more if he did.

On one hand, I get it from an Agent standpoint. He still has his Pro Day to show these things. But that's a completely controlled environment and lacks the comparison to the rest of the class.

Just disappointing to see.

If I was his agent I'd pull him immediately.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Because like I said, the Combine records are littered with Track stars that didn't translate to the next level.

I want to see that he can do things at the same level where it counts compared to everyone else. 

If he were to drop a ball or wasn't the best gauntlet of the bunch, not the end of the world. It's not going to drop him. Just show you can do the drills at a solid level.

Straight line speed is great. But I want to see he's a complete WR and a guy with competitiveness. If you're good at it, you should have no reason not to do it. It would raise him even more if he did.

On one hand, I get it from an Agent standpoint. He still has his Pro Day to show these things. But that's a completely controlled environment and lacks the comparison to the rest of the class.

Just disappointing to see.

I don't think it really matters.  If he runs a 4.21,  it's a good bet that he's going to run the other drills reasonably well.  And there's also the game film and productivity.  In terms of athleticism,  the only real question was whether or not the rumored downfield speed was real.  And now we know that it is. 

The only real concern I have with him is that he's 165lbs and it IS a pretty significant one. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Agreed,  and it's highly unlikely that a guy who posts a time like that is going to fall on his face in the other agility drills.  Maybe he doesn't post the best times of the group,  but they're almost certain to be good.  There's not much else he's going to gain from it,  either,  and there's always the risk of a freak injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't think it really matters.  If he runs a 4.21,  it's a good bet that he's going to run the other drills reasonably well.  And there's also the game film and productivity.  In terms of athleticism,  the only real question was whether or not the rumored downfield speed was real.  And now we know that it is. 

The only real concern I have with him is that he's 165lbs and it IS a pretty significant one. 

His weight doesn’t matter. Andy Reid is probably seeing DeSean Jackson all over again. I think he goes to the Chiefs. They already have their X in Rice.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I get it. Especially from an agent standpoint, as I mentioned.

Doesn't make it any less disappointing to not see how he compares to the other guys in the class in a shared environment.

I understand it, but you still want to see it. I'm sure GM's are probably the same way. Expected him to be shut down, but would have rather seen a whole show.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

His weight doesn’t matter. Andy Reid is probably seeing DeSean Jackson all over again. I think he goes to the Chiefs. They already have their X in Rice.

I'd consider it an injury red flag,  but I'm not sure it would scare me away at 28.  Just get a damn playmaker.  If they want a more traditional #2 WR,  they can follow up in R2 or 3. 

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

*whispers…..waiting until 3/17 when his bonus kicks in to see if we can package Diggs and a few picks for another 1st*

🫢😆

I really want 2 of these guys 

He's not going anywhere. Beane volunteered without asking yesterday that "I know everyone (in the media) worries about Stef Diggs but he's going to be here and we're happy to have him and are hopefully going to add weapons to him"

3 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Xavier Worthy WR from Texas set the combine record in the 40 at 4.21

Thanks for the update!

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

My dude, I think you're really setting yourself up for disappointment with the non-stop 28 AND 60 posts.

We usually fill 2 starting holes in Round 1 and Round 2. And with the amount of money we don't have this year and the amount of holes we have, it's more likely than ever this year.

Between Diggs, Round 1 WR, Kincaid, Shakir, and Knox - the next WR we take is looking at theoretically at best - 5th in targets and reps. The kind of reps that player would have isn't something you spend a 2nd on.

Meanwhile the odds that we'll need a Starter at another position like DE, DT, S or at least a DE or DT that would be 3rd in rotation who would be seeing the field FAR more is almost a given.

I do think we'll double down later. But if you're going to get upset if we only take 1 at 28 - probably best to prepare yourself for that now.

Starter at 28, succession planning at #60

2 minutes ago, julian said:

Identify a WR you believe will make a difference year one and eventually replace Diggs and trade up to get him.

I believe this is what will happen.

Most WR who produce year one are helped by playing time/snap counts. Case in point Nuka and Addison last year benefitted from injuries to Kupp and Jefferson respectively. Flowers wasn't competing with many others with Andrews down etc. If we can get a rookie that can get 40-50 catches and 500-600 yards and 4-5 TDs with a healthy Diggs and Kincaid then we had a good pick. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Ian Rapport just said he talked to an exec who said that they think Xavier Worthy could be the 4th WR off the board after his run.

In that scenario, it could push Brian Thomas Jr. to within striking range for us as WR5 - which would be huge!

If this is true, which it could be a lie to get Thomas Jr to fall a little bit, I do not believe Thomas still makes it close to 28 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Starter at 28, succession planning at #60

We have other holes besides WR, double backing in Round 1 and 2 foolish. I'm okay going Round 1 or 2 and then Round 5 or 6 or 7 for another guy. Yet it looks like we'll have holes at DE,DT, S that need to look at early picks too.

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

If this is true, which it could be a lie to get Thomas Jr to fall a little bit, I do not believe Thomas still makes it close to 28 

Thomas, Mitchell and Legette could be in the mix at 28 we should consider pending what happens in UFA.