2024 WR Draft Class

24 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think we should expect a small move up.  They've done it the last couple of years now.  And if going WR you have to think after 4 go and the draft gets into the 20s the FO will get nervous - and rightfully so.  And as you mention the possibility of KC moving up (or Carolina) needs to be considered.

Bills hop the Cowboys Part III

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think we should expect a small move up.  They've done it the last couple of years now.  And if going WR you have to think after 4 go and the draft gets into the 20s the FO will get nervous - and rightfully so.  And as you mention the possibility of KC moving up (or Carolina) needs to be considered.

Expect a maximum move up of 2 spots for their 4th … like the last couple of years you mention ..

3 minutes ago, Process said:

4.21???? Dude just made himself millions in those 40 seconds. 

He's growing on me.  Returns punts too.  A bit worried he wasn't the #1 at texas, but, Cooke wasn't the #1 at UGA either I guess.  How did Texas ever lose with him and Mitchell at WR?

6 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Yet they felt the need to jump us all the same 🤷

They jumped a number of teams not just the Bills...including Denver which did draft a wide receiver in that round.

5 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

He's growing on me.  Returns punts too.  A bit worried he wasn't the #1 at texas, but, Cooke wasn't the #1 at UGA either I guess.  How did Texas ever lose with him and Mitchell at WR?

What has you saying "he wasn't #1"?

Adonai Mitchell in 2023 - 55 receptions for 845 yards and 11 TDs

Xavier Worthy in 2023 - 75 receptions for 1,014 yards and 5 TDs

If you want to say he wasn't a true Outside WR that just stayed on the boundary, that's fair. I do have concerns with only being used 60% of the time on the Outside, in conjunction with his diminutive build. However, considering he just proved to be the fastest timed WR EVER - I'm now more willing to take the risk.

But when it comes to usage, he was the #1.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

5 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

One thing I like that cover1 pointed out is he was productive since his freshman year. He mentions in his Combine interview taking a bubble screen 70 yards to the house against Oklahoma first play of the game his first year.

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think this is likely as well. But only if their guy is still there and around what pick. If it’s pick 24 and Thomas or Mitchell (whoever their guy is) is still there then you make a move. If it’s looking like those guys are gone by 20, you may have to give up too much to get there. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

One thing I like that cover1 pointed out is he was productive since his freshman year. He mentions in his Combine interview taking a bubble screen 70 yards to the house against Oklahoma first play of the game his first year.

You know who else scored first touch as a true frosh?!?

Sammy Watkins 😱

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Okay, I want Worthy now.

He’s not a pure burner either, he’s a legit WR.

He reminds me a lot of Jameson Williams to my untrained naked eye.  Minus the ACL tear.  I'm more in the let's draft a true outside WR camp but it would be fun watching him catch all the WR screens Brady loves to call.

34 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He reminds me a lot of Jameson Williams to my untrained naked eye.  Minus the ACL tear.  I'm more in the let's draft a true outside WR camp but it would be fun watching him catch all the WR screens Brady loves to call.

Agreed. I've been against him through the process because he didn't have True Outside usage in College and is a really small build.

However....

Him being not only fast, but being THE fastest recorded WR in Combine history (combined with Troy Franklin showing that he actually doesn't have close to matching speed, as I thought) - that changes things for me and makes me more open to more of a projection (just for him and that kind of speed though, not McConkey).

That said, Brian Thomas Jr. would still be my first choice outside of Marvin Harrison Jr., Malik Nabers, and Rome Odunze (who will be long gone).

• Like (+1) 1

Ladd will replace Gabe.  Ladds ceiling is #1 WR IMO

Ladd, Diggs, Shakir....we add a burner in draft, we add WR in FA, and we restructure Hardy. 

Thats my prediction today

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

People might not like McConkey at 28, but what do they know about him?  He runs a 4.4, he catches everything, he has been ultra productive, and he runs crisp routes.

15.4 yards per reception, and YAC- that is what the Bills need!

Look, McConkey is my 6th rated WR in this draft, but 5 stellar WR will be selected before Buffalo.  And no way in hell do I want McConkey to slip to the Chefs.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Pete said:

right now, Im guessing Thomas and Mitchell are long gone by our pick.  Im calling it now.  Ladd McConkey at 28

Thomas could be gone. Worthy could be gone. Thomas, Worthy, and Mitchell? I doubt it. I find it very hard to believe we'll only have a shot at the 7th WR in the Draft. Odds are probably pretty good we'll move up a few picks from 28. 

McConkey is 5'11", 185, and has a 36" vert (Worthy had a 41" at 6'1", for example).

He doesn't have the measurements that scream True Outside WR in the NFL. His weaknesses from NFL.com also don't fit on the Outside:

- Modest play strength could create issues in beating press.

- Alarming number of deep ball-tracking drops in 2022.

We'll have a shot at the 5th WR. We can definitely land the 6th WR. McConkey isn't a great fit for us and will be, at best, the 7th WR off the board from NFL teams. And personally, I have him no higher than my 8th guy.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1