Bills Offensive Coordinator Interviews have started according to Jeremy Fowler

JoeF

Jeremy Fowler

@JFowlerESPN

·

25m

The #Bills are starting their offensive coordinator search in earnest, and interim OC Joe Brady will interview for the full-time job, per source. Brady acquitted himself well over nine games as the play caller, and Josh Allen has vouched for him getting the job.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Jeremy Fowler

@JFowlerESPN

·

25m

The #Bills are starting their offensive coordinator search in earnest, and interim OC Joe Brady will interview for the full-time job, per source. Brady acquitted himself well over nine games as the play caller, and Josh Allen has vouched for him getting the job.

Josh vouched for Dorsey too, and that didn’t go so well, it’s good to get his opinion of course, but he should not be the deciding factor for who gets the job, jmo. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 21
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Josh vouched for Dorsey too, and that didn’t go so well, it’s good to get his opinion of course, but he should not be the deciding factor for who gets the job, jmo. 

Exactly. He’s such a nice guy that he’d have a hard time bus-rolling someone. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Any guesses who the outside candidates will be? 

Alex Van Pelt may be?

Kelly Skipper (current RB Coach) may be?

Dan Orlovsky (I keed) 

Am I the only one that doesn't want Brady?  I was fine with giving him an opportunity, but the passing game was really bad under him.  Like it takes a special coordinator to see that big of a drop off in Diggs.  Brady's only solution to Diggs was screen passes.  Is that the coordinator you want?

He was fired in Carolina.

He gets way too much credit for that LSU offense.  He wasn't even the sole OC.   He was so new in the position, my guess he was more of a coffee runner at LSU.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Brady did a fine job considering the circumstances. He developed the run game and established a bonafide threat with Cook. 

Im ok with him for one more year.

Cook had one great game versus a very flawed Dallas D.  You could actually argue that Cook was better with Dorsey overall.

Cook's last three games of regular season were some of the worst games of the season.

• Like (+1) 2

I hope they interview: 

Joe Brady

Kliff Kingsbury

Kellen Moore

Arthur Smith

Zac Robinson

Brian Johnson

Mike LaFluer

Kingsbury would be my top choice. If you want change, you take a demanding prick and put him in the building. He is not a yes man. 

• Like (+1) 18
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I appreciate what Brady did, but we need to  truly do this in earnest.   I would rather have somone with a more proven track record that can scheme guys open better. 

I would really like  a version of the WCO like Rogers had where he tossed a lot of TD's while throwing less than 10 ints's per season from 2011 -2021. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think anyone that legitimately thinks the job isn't Brady's is fooling themselves. We will see a couple more candidates brought in to fill the Rooney Rule. Maybe one or two others to say "see it was a legit search" and the job will go to Brady. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 7
  • Dislike 3

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Bill Belichick 👀

I actually think we will see BB in this type of role somewhere in the NFL.

By the way, the bills should understand that this is the absolute best OC opening in the league with Josh as QB. They can have the top pick. 

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I appreciate what Brady did, but we need to  truly do this in earnest.   I would rather have somone with a more proven track record that can scheme guys open better. 

I would really like  a version of the WCO like Rogers had where he tossed a lot of TD's while throwing less than 10 ints's per season from 2011 -2021. 

Are you saying you want Nate Hackett back? :death:

50 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I hope they interview: 

Joe Brady

Kliff Kingsbury

Kellen Moore

Arthur Smith

Zac Robinson

Brian Johnson

Mike LaFluer

Kingsbury would be my top choice. If you want change, you take a demanding prick and put him in the building. He is not a yes man. 

If they hire Kingsbury, I’ll probably go out and buy a dog just so I can kick it. 

• Haha (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Am I the only one that doesn't want Brady?  I was fine with giving him an opportunity, but the passing game was really bad under him.  Like it takes a special coordinator to see that big of a drop off in Diggs.  Brady's only solution to Diggs was screen passes.  Is that the coordinator you want?

He was fired in Carolina.

He gets way too much credit for that LSU offense.  He wasn't even the sole OC.   He was so new in the position, my guess he was more of a coffee runner at LSU.

Personally, I don't know what to think of Brady.  But I watch the year-end pressers and try to read between the lines, and I didn't hear a ringing endorsement of Brady from McDermott.  Made me think he is not a lock.  

Any hot, up and coming guy would love to have a chance to call plays for Josh.  I wonder if coordinators like working for McDermott. 

• Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.