Bills Offensive Coordinator Interviews have started according to Jeremy Fowler

JoeF

22 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He was the passing game coordinator I believe, for a team that passed extremely efficiently and broke every NCAA record. 

They’ll leak as they happen, we have to wait…

I don’t like waiting, 🍸🚬🚬🍸🚬🚬🍸🚬🚬🍸🍸🍸🍸

3 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I think there’s some better options out there than Brady but will McDermott make a change.  I just don’t see it happening.  

When you consider the game plan the Bills used against KC, which clearly had McD's fingerprints all over it as it was designed to protect his injury ravaged D, it's Brady's job to lose. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

So when are they calling Eric Bienemy?

If there's anybody out there who knows more about the Chiefs... 

This would be an interesting interview.  Last year I would have said "hell no" but Bienemy did a good job in Washington in spite of not having much to work with.  For Bienemy it might be his best shot to parley this job into a head coaching job.  I suspect that when Ben Johnson is hired by the Commanders Bienemy will become available. 

I won't throw myself into the falls if it's Brady.  But I hope they bring in a talented, creative passing game coordinator if it's him.  

And, yes, I know the Bills have a few former offensive coordinators on staff.  But I'm frustrated by this suboptimal, predictable offense that can't seem to scheme guys open.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

McBeane have a weird tendency to make decisions based on what appears to be a best-case scenario way of thinking.  My concern is that Brady would be another of their “hope for the best” maneuvers, most of which have not panned out.  I am not against it but I would want them to hedge by adding some experienced voices to the mix, even beyond what they’ve already got in Boras and Kromer.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Glad they are leaving no stone unturned.

I hear they are also building a robust analytics department....

If they are actually interviewing people from the OUTSIDE, for real, I'll be impressed.

I thought Brady would already have the permanent job by now.

I'll be shocked if they bring in a big name or someone with some clout; McDermott will want an underling he can walk on.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

My evaluation of Joe Brady..

Pros:

1. Coaching style: Brought more energy/juice to the off room- including getting Josh back into a groove and fewer turnovers

2. Playcalling: liked we had better balance and used Cook/Kincaid in more ways.  Better rhythm overall

3. Ability to improve: we've yet to see him install "his system", did a good job working within the existing system

4. Diverse scheme: we haven't seen it fully yet, but Brady has experience in effective and good schemes in the past

Cons:

1. Passing game: struggled down the stretch vs expectations

2. Retread: hasn't been successful everywhere he's been.  fired from Carolina

I think he gets the job for 3 reasons:

1. Continuity/familiarity

2. We haven't seen "his scheme" yet, and he runs an offense that McD likes

3. WR2/weapons: not blaming everything on WR2, but when you want to run a short/intermediate attack (with select downfield shots), Gabe doesn't fit at all/we didn't have many options other than rookie Kincaid

Get a legit WR in round 1 and another FA.  We need to do a better job in FA at finding a weapon to use/worth the $ (Beane has invested, albeit low $s, that add up and haven't panned out)

I'll add a pro: the players say Brady's very collaborative.  He seeks input from both the players and position coaches.  I think that's great.  

But I worry about Con #1.   Even with that feedback, he couldn't scheme guys open.  And receivers ran imprecise routes.  When Josh Allen is your QB, your passing attack should be more consistent and potent.   

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'll add a pro: the players say Brady's very collaborative.  He seeks input from both the players and position coaches.  I think that's great.  

But I worry about Con #1.   Even with that feedback, he couldn't scheme guys open.  And receivers ran imprecise routes.  When Josh Allen is your QB, your passing attack should be more consistent and potent.   

And did Allen really show growth under Brady?  

• Like (+1) 1

We need a grown up OC. No slight on JB, but Josh needs and deserves an experienced and creative OC. Josh grew under Daibold, and has leveled out since he left. This video is the opposite of the Kurt Warner video of the Bills offense. Creative, players are open and the defense is left watching. Mind you mahomet makes some f-great throws but nothing Allen can't make. 

https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0016dhWb3jM49u65rk6AXatyqGe1CFX8LtkZHkvFZD16SL6KV31wcilgC_4RTN-9Ujg6P7QLvlT9_W8exd4QB5K_GkwOVYoyLdi6XbYviHZBL5uc9RtNmUSxCwR4Eq5BRvYsOLs2YTq9ruel_W828onrQ6tTjcIZLaZq8qkPownTrg=&c=rtSpLpxp6u2U6FYuF3IPQedgZj2EtNVhpF3MQ3_jLLm8g7CqrA1cJw==&ch=ExBvTzyFdeGSuxDZVPjd8-IEc5uyFjZgfn52KRZDhtI-_RmgQFRZow==

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

And did Allen really show growth under Brady?  

I'd say he returned to Daboll's Allen for the most part, especially in the play offs, then the floor of Dorsey's Allen, who looked completely lost.

Saying that, I think Josh was leading in TDs when Dorsey was sacked.

2 hours ago, BBFL said:

The only guy I have confidence in is Josh. Need someone who’s able to help him by scheming wide open throws. That comes in part with talent at the receiving end but rarely do we see a guy wide open for the YAC… Something everyone was clamoring for last off season. It didn’t change. 

Shanny, McDaniels, Reid and Johnson all produced offenses high in that category with questionable talent outside their #1 targets…

Agreed. Additionally you get an established OC /former HC and maybe you can keep him for years because he'll want to win championships having scratched the HC itch.

It is also funny that we act like Brady was not here for Dorsey's failures. He was part of it as QB coach. Get in some fresh blood. Keep Brady if you want to by giving him a pay bump and asst OC title, passing game coord, or something. 

• Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

McBeane have a weird tendency to make decisions based on what appears to be a best-case scenario way of thinking.  My concern is that Brady would be another of their “hope for the best” maneuvers, most of which have not panned out.  I am not against it but I would want them to hedge by adding some experienced voices to the mix, even beyond what they’ve already got in Boras and Kromer.

Yeah I could see Pete Carmichael Jr. coming over, among some others. And I really like Brady, but it is certainly feels like the path of least resistance. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He was the passing game coordinator I believe, for a team that passed extremely efficiently and broke every NCAA record. 

They’ll leak as they happen, we have to wait…

granted with great weapons and a great qb but at some point you have to get rid of that energy that he was a coffee guy. He got his chances after that quickly for a reason.

There is no way that Joe Brady stays here in a reduced role. He’s getting HC interviews. If the Bills don’t keep him, he’ll get one of the 14 current OC openings pretty quickly. Ken Freaking Dorsey has interviewed in Cleveland and Philadelphia. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Low Positive said:

There is no way that Joe Brady stays here in a reduced role. He’s getting HC interviews. If the Bills don’t keep him, he’ll get one of the 14 current OC openings pretty quickly. Ken Freaking Dorsey has interviewed in Cleveland and Philadelphia. 

Then I'd say let him go.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

That is what we say about everyone. Yet Daboll is the only one finally did get a job. 

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Brian Johnson was getting head coaching interviews and then got fired as the OC in philly in the same week

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.