Gabe Davis was missed

JerseyBills

Unpopular opinion here but I and many others shrugged Gabe being inactive as no big deal.

I thought he'd be missed in the run game a bit and that's it.

I was dead wrong, there's no doubt in my mind he catches at least 1, if not both bombs to Sherfield,  which would have been game changers... As well as the bomb to Diggs

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

A lot of players were missed.  You could literally name multiple starters. 

but let’s all pile on the coach. His fault.  And his fault for Bass.  It’s all McDs fault. 

Ya, I'm not piling on coach

The D actually stepped up huge late and gave the O multiple opportunities to score/win

• Eyeroll 1

36 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Unpopular opinion here but I and many others shrugged Gabe being inactive as no big deal.

I was dead wrong, there's no doubt in my mind he catches at least 1, if not both bombs to Sherfield,  which would have been game changers... As well as the bomb to Diggs

As I said elsewhere, it’s a possibility but considering the route/communication issues revolving around him all season it’s just as likely he would have been standing in a completely different spot.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

This team needs improvement in the WR room,  all season long even in games Davis played the offence has struggled .  

I’m tired of 14 not showing up when it counts in the playoffs. Whose fault is it going to be this year? He showed up Josh on the sideline last playoffs. Doesn’t show up to camp. Had his brother tweeting saying get him out of here and now this playoff game he puts up a shyt performance. I was a huge fan of Diggs but he losing me. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

As I said elsewhere, it’s a possibility but considering the route/communication issues revolving around him all season it’s just as likely he would have been standing in a completely different spot.

I mean these were essentially go routes so I disagree

12 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

This team needs improvement in the WR room,  all season long even in games Davis played the offence has struggled .  

Absolutely.  Luckily we have emerging stars in Shakir and Kincaid to build around. Would love Pittman from Indy and a day 1 or 2 WR to develop 

I disagree. I actually think the offense had a nice flow the last 2 weeks without him. His other worldly ability to block in the run game wasn't a glaring downgrade and it's almost hysterically ironic that you say that Mr. Drops-a-lot would have made those catches. 

35 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

DeAndre Hopkins was missed.   Should have been a Buffalo Bill the second Diggs restructured his contract this offseason.   

Freaking truer words never spoken.

Flyod was a great signing but still, those zero plays he made in the playoffs made zero difference.

needed to be a stud WR with that money.

34 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If Gabe had played Josh would’ve thrown two INTs.

Zigged when he should have zagged? 🤔😁

The thread title works remarkably well when Davis makes the wrong turn also.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Sherfield sucks as a WR.  Why anyone thinks differently is a mystery.   

As to Davis, the forum's favorite whipping boy, he's been our biggest producer in the playoffs in '21 & '22 with a 70% catch%.  

He had over 40% of our WR receiving yards and 75% of the WR TDs.  Beasley & Sanders had three only two other TDs.  

Either way, this was KC's best road game for their offense this entire season.  That's inexcusable given the circumstances.  Their receivers, most of which suck, were wide open at opportune times for them much like in the 13-Seconds game.  That's a coaching issue.

How TF do you leave Kelce wide f'n open at key moments.  

Mr. Defensive Guru failed again in the playoffs.  I'm curious who gets thrown under the bus this time.  

But hey, the eighth season against tougher competition will be the charm.  Yeah, that's it.  

SMFH 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I mean these were essentially go routes so I disagree

Absolutely.  Luckily we have emerging stars in Shakir and Kincaid to build around. Would love Pittman from Indy and a day 1 or 2 WR to develop 

Chiefs had 8 plays of 20 yards or more and we had 0,  Allen ended up with 186 yards and that was the difference because it was so many passes around the line of scrimmage and WR's not getting separation or just dropping passes. This needs to improved and while running the ball is important this will always be a passing league.  We scored just 7 points in second half,  that is not beating Mahomes. It's pretty obvious that Diggs is not a guy you can count on in big playoff games.  We have no receiver that can turn a 10 yard pas into a 20 plus yard play. More speed is needed

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

I’m tired of 14 not showing up when it counts in the playoffs. Whose fault is it going to be this year? He showed up Josh on the sideline last playoffs. Doesn’t show up to camp. Had his brother tweeting saying get him out of here and now this playoff game he puts up a shyt performance. I was a huge fan of Diggs but he losing me. 

I’m convinced he’s hurt.  His production fell off a cliff round the Bucs/Bengals games.  He wasn’t himself as a player, he was even subdued on the sidelines.

I bet we find out he had cracked ribs or something and played through it like the ultimate team player, which should totally destroy the “selfish diva” media narrative.

37 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

A lot of players were missed.  You could literally name multiple starters. 

but let’s all pile on the coach. His fault.  And his fault for Bass.  It’s all McDs fault. 

McDermotts defenses have folded every playoffs...regardless of who was hurt or not

If Poyer doesn't make a play, that fake punt call goes down as one of the worst calls ever in the playoffs that lost us the game.

Josh had to play a perfect game just to have a chance cause McDermotts D couldn't even put up a fight

But, sure...McDermott is obviously the guy who will get us over the hump. Just give him the perfect team

• Thank you (+1) 2

I missed any receiver that could catch the ball when we need it the most.  We have two true receivers on this team and their names are not Digg's or Davis.  Its Kincaid and Shakir.  

They went away from Kincaid in this game too.  You have to scratch your head on the play calling and execution at the end of this game.

If you know that only the underneath stuff is working all game long and you decide to change that up in the last two minutes of the game, that is why this team fails.  They do not know how to win when it matters with what has been given to them by the opposing team.  

Onto next year,  ughhh.....

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

McDermotts defenses have folded every playoffs...regardless of who was hurt or not

If Poyer doesn't make a play, that fake punt call goes down as one of the worst calls ever in the playoffs that lost us the game.

Josh had to play a perfect game just to have a chance cause McDermotts D couldn't even put up a fight

But, sure...McDermott is obviously the guy who will get us over the hump. Just give him the perfect team

You’re right man.  Injuries didn’t play a part.  

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I disagree. I actually think the offense had a nice flow the last 2 weeks without him. His other worldly ability to block in the run game wasn't a glaring downgrade and it's almost hysterically ironic that you say that Mr. Drops-a-lot would have made those catches. 

The offense averaged 17 PPG the last two weeks of the regular season, both times against crap defenses.  Last week we had only 203 passing yards.  If that's a flow, great, but some points would be nice.  Seemingly unnoticed by McD apologists is that our offense has scored less under Brady and Allen has often been relegated to being a gamer manager.  If not for his rushing we wouldn't even have a winning record.  

It's a fair speculation to think that Brady's done what McD has instructed him to do in the name of " Complimentary Football," and turned Allen into a short-yardage game manager to support his defense.  

Unfortunately McD's defense doesn't work out beyond the Wild Card round in the playoffs.  

The youngster will learn at some point.  Maybe when he's coaching a different team after Allen retires having left career passing yards and TDs on the table.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Kincaid wasn't targeted from the 10 minute mark of the first quarter until there were 8 mins left in the game.  Zero redzone targets.  No targets on the last series of downs.

Still caught all five looks he got all night and led the Bills in receiving yards.  Why don't we use a guy who produces so frequently more?

Gabe and Josh just aren't reading the same book, let alone on the same page.

And they seemingly are never in sync with what Gabe is supposed to do. Lots of what looked like bad passes where Gabe didn't run the route Allen thought he would.

Gabe was missed is the perfect thread title, and it's because he ran a crosser when Josh was expecting him to run a comeback

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

It is KC's best offensive road game of the entire season.  Some terrible defenses played them better, and even injured they were not better than we áre.  

3 minutes ago, NBDawg15 said:

Kincaid wasn't targeted from the 10 minute mark of the first quarter until there were 8 mins left in the game.  Zero redzone targets.  No targets on the last series of downs.

Still caught all five looks he got all night and led the Bills in receiving yards.  Why don't we use a guy who produces so frequently more?

Prob should stop force feeding diggs and realize that 17 to 86 is the new 17 to 14.

Kincaid and Josh are the most important players for this franchise, and #3 is some distance away

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NBDawg15 said:

Part of "complimentary football" apparently.  

59 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

JUST like he caught all the prior deep balls?  Did you forget two games where he and Josh “ were not on the same page”?  Come on , that’s total denial of a huge issue regarding the lack of talent ,AND PRODUCTION, that plagued this wr crew all season. Shakir and Kincaid were the only consistent , reliable targets for josh this season. Every other receiver , Diggs , Knox, cook , sherfield , etc all had multiple drops and lacked consistent production , and Davis was the poster child for inconsistency going multiple games with 0 receptions. So to expect him to have produced now , when his peak was one game two years ago, is pure fantasy and not based on his current level of production. 

Could he have been better than sherfield ,,,maybe ,,,but there is no way you can say that with any certainty and i bet the front office will see it the same way when they let him walk. He is another motor, moss, boogie, Edmund’s type of player you can replace as we’ve easily seen , and is overrated compared to other teams receivers such as the packers younger wr corp. This team needs to quit holding on to mediocre talent  while wasting a rare franchise QB’s  prime years because we all know how rare it is to actually land that important piece in the draft. 

18 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

He’s missing five key starters 

I agree Davis was missed but 2021 Gabe Davis. He has not been that guy since the 13 seconds game. a few flashes here and there but cancelled by drops and running the wrong routes.  We desperately need a stud WR on this offense for the deep threat. Its too bad that hasnt materialized for Davis.

56 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Chiefs had 8 plays of 20 yards or more and we had 0,  Allen ended up with 186 yards and that was the difference because it was so many passes around the line of scrimmage and WR's not getting separation or just dropping passes. This needs to improved and while running the ball is important this will always be a passing league.  We scored just 7 points in second half,  that is not beating Mahomes. It's pretty obvious that Diggs is not a guy you can count on in big playoff games.  We have no receiver that can turn a 10 yard pas into a 20 plus yard play. More speed is needed

Agreed except I feel Shakir could, has that juice and very twitchy, think he'll be a stud next year

36 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

JUST like he caught all the prior deep balls?  Did you forget two games where he and Josh “ were not on the same page”?  Come on , that’s total denial of a huge issue regarding the lack of talent ,AND PRODUCTION, that plagued this wr crew all season. Shakir and Kincaid were the only consistent , reliable targets for josh this season. Every other receiver , Diggs , Knox, cook , sherfield , etc all had multiple drops and lacked consistent production , and Davis was the poster child for inconsistency going multiple games with 0 receptions. So to expect him to have produced now , when his peak was one game two years ago, is pure fantasy and not based on his current level of production. 

Could he have been better than sherfield ,,,maybe ,,,but there is no way you can say that with any certainty and i bet the front office will see it the same way when they let him walk. He is another motor, moss, boogie, Edmund’s type of player you can replace as we’ve easily seen , and is overrated compared to other teams receivers such as the packers younger wr corp. This team needs to quit holding on to mediocre talent  while wasting a rare franchise QB’s  prime years because we all know how rare it is to actually land that important piece in the draft. 

When a deep ball hits his hand he generally catches it

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.