Davis, Benford, Rapp and Spector all OUT

Process

11 minutes ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

If Bernard can somehow miraculously go, have to imagine he may need to be on a pitch count? If so, i'm torn on who tags in for him. Klein has the vet savvy but can't cover while Williams brings the atheticism but is likely to get picked on in his own right given lack of experience. That said, if we can get quality snaps from 43 on even half the snaps I'll take it as a win!

dobson is back

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Rapp is a very underrated injury, especially with Benford out.  May need to use Neal again for that big nickel.

Neal is probably our worst coverage CB/S on the roster. Keep him on ST unless we are desperate for DB help. 

still don't get how Spector got hurt on that play! 

That said, if Bernard is back that's huge.  Shores up the LB position with Klien/Dodson.  

Still have Poyer/Hyde.  And Douglas/Elam/Jackson at CB.  

DL is healthy.  

O is healthy except Davis.   

Should be fine.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

I agree but I also see the Chiefs attacking short with the Bills LBer situation. Dump offs to backs, quick receiver and tight end passes. Somehow the Bills are going to have to make Mahomes hold the ball a tad longer. That will be a chore.

I expect Poyer to come down to play Dime linebacker in this game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Diggs, Shakir, Harty, Sherfield and Isabella played last week. 

Yeah, Isabella is getting elevated without a doubt, that means we have 1 spot for either Haack or Klein..... I dont understand what the plan is 

3 minutes ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

Understood but he's not the mike. Who's playing next to Dodson if Bernard needs to tag out is where I was going.

I think you might have to swap to Klein and Williams then. The drop off in athleticism from Bernard and Dodson to Dodson and Klein would be pretty steep, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, transient said:

I see he brought the "b' with him! :lol:

i still have to think a few seconds over benford vs bernard.

Just now, transient said:

I think you might have to swap to Klein and Williams then. The drop off in athleticism from Bernard and Dodson to Dodson and Klein would be pretty steep, IMO.

it is the choice of going with the veteran who has seen most anything in Klein

-or-

the young athlete who can move fluidly

-or-

the banged up newcomer flashing the pan

i'd pitch count bernard - dodson on the running downs/situations

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

This is huge.  Douglas covers Kelce and who covers Rice?  If it comes down to needing our defense to need a big stop, we are going to be outmatched in certain positions.  I don't like this at all.  If we don't have Bernard and Johnson too, we are in trouble.  

got a lot of guys who can cover Rice.  Jackson/Elam.  Rice is no better than Dionte Johnson or Pickens.  (Rice has a better QB).  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I expect Poyer to come down to play Dime linebacker in this game.

I am surprisingly already with that as I am thinking about it. He's done it before, and considering the sets we are likely to see I want Rasul/TJ/Jackson on the field as much as possible

6 minutes ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

Understood but he's not the mike. Who's playing next to Dodson if Bernard needs to tag out is where I was going.

has to be klein. but in this case poyer comes into the box as a Jack

How sweet it would’ve been if Dorian Williams would’ve been allowed to grow this year. McD doesn’t trust he knows what to do on the field so he’s behind both Spector and Klein. I’d have to believe a crash course in experience (and mistakes) would’ve molded him into a pretty good starter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

59 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Taron Johnson playing is huge.

Bernard has been excellent this season but I'm confident that Dodson and a combo of Klein/Williams can fill the LB roles just fine.

I'm confident the defense can play at a high level regardless of the injuries.

Game comes down to how the OLine plays vs. the Chiefs defensive front and if McDermott can limit his game management gaffes. We will find out soon enough.

The vibe I get from people smarter than me is that Klein is a good downhill player with very good instincts. However struggles with some explosiveness, lateral movement, and in coverage. And that Williams is good athlete, and good LB, but struggles some with instincts and play recognition. 

All that to say, these guys skill sets can compliment each other well if they can find a groove/partnership early and figure out how to move with each other. But if they don’t they could find themselves taken advantage of early and often. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

My honest opinion is that Bernard will be out. 

We won't know until gametime, and neither will the walrus.

GO BILLS!!

THIS. I expect Bernard is out. I also fear Taron and Dodson are big questions and most likely out. If any of the 3 play they will be limited and not 100%.

Let's go Klein and Rasul! We need them. I sure hope I'm wrong but the way McD didn't mention Dodson or Taron worries me. Watch that video of Bernard stretching. He can barely stretch his left leg... almost falls off balance one stretch to the left leg. He ain't playing.

5 minutes ago, Brand J said:

How sweet it would’ve been if Dorian Williams would’ve been allowed to grow this year. McD doesn’t trust he knows what to do on the field so he’s behind both Spector and Klein. I’d have to believe a crash course in experience (and mistakes) would’ve molded him into a pretty good starter.

We should hire you as the HC and fire McDermott before the game starts.

I can’t believe the Bills didn’t allow Williams any playing time (even though they did) to let him blossom.

Edited by Beast
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brand J said:

If you’d asked people their opinion of Bernard last year at this time, you would have heard something similar.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Who says he hasn’t? He did good enough last game and absolutely wrecked a guy, knocked him out of the game. I have faith in him this week. The experience he got at the beginning of the year and then sitting back, observing, growing is still valuable. 

The defense for a four week period was pretty rough sledding (soon after the injuries and Dorian playing), they had to adjust. Really can’t second guess the turn around, winning the division, and earning the number two seed. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Cvanvol7 said:

Its a punter who has been very inconsistent. They could have Haack and Fournette right now.

Martin was named AFC player of the month for the last 4 weeks of the season. He’s been very good for us as of late. 

I don’t think Fournette will be the tipping point this week. 

3 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

THIS. I expect Bernard is out. I also fear Taron and Dodson are big questions and most likely out. If any of the 3 play they will be limited and not 100%.

Let's go Klein and Rasul! We need them. I sure hope I'm wrong but the way McD didn't mention Dodson or Taron worries me. Watch that video of Bernard stretching. He can barely stretch his left leg... almost falls off balance one stretch to the left leg. He ain't playing.

I’m not suggesting you’re not seeing what you say you’re seeing in that video, but I don’t see that at all , doesn’t mean he’ll play but that video shows me zero evidence that he isn’t playing.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Cvanvol7 said:

Its a punter who has been very inconsistent. They could have Haack and Fournette right now.

Martin has been outstanding the 2nd half of the year. Multiple kicks inside the 20, important because the Bills don’t have a ton of 3 and outs. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Martin was named AFC player of the month for the last 4 weeks of the season. He’s been very good for us as of late. 

I don’t think Fournette will be the tipping point this week. 

I just think having Klein and Isabella active is more important than using an elevation on a punter

8 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Martin has been outstanding the 2nd half of the year. Multiple kicks inside the 20, important because the Bills don’t have a ton of 3 and outs. 

Totally agree, but he was awful the first 12 or so weeks, hence inconsistent 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Ever since I posted that we should be working out punters he has turned it around. Your welcome. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Was hopeful Rapp, Benford, Baylor and Gabe might be able to go. Not expecting Bernard back. 

Let’s pray Rasul isn’t limited and that Taron is able to go! 

With all the injuries on the D, the Brady led offense is going to have to win and put up lots of points against KC’s spags D to get the win. Bills need to play with the lead out of the gate!

KC’s offense has a bigger advantage against our D with the injuries and I would also give their ST the advantage. 

37 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Why would taron be limited?  He’s in concussion protocol…if he clears he’s full go. 

44 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

I was hoping Rapp would be back. I believe he contributed a bunch in the first game shadowing Kelce. I could be wrong 

because hyde was out the entire 2nd half

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.